Ivy SCIV->SCV Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
well yeah thats true,i would like to see another stance but not if it would mess things up
i think for now atleast it would be best to kiss SE goodbye because it will just weaken her rather than strengthen
thats a thought too,does she have SW 66K anymore,because if it was in i thought wed have seen it by now

i hope the other long range moves are ok,because i definitly dont wanna be spamming 6B WP version all the the time
and i dont want to have to spam her CE all the time either,it may favour her but its just not gonna be good with her having to rely on it.

i hope you can keep distance like before effectively,i dont want to have to be walking right up to the enemy all the time like ive seen in the videos
whether to spam CE,BE throw or to fight effectively

I agree. It's gonna be like:

Extend, extend, extend, extend, extend, extend (filling the meter) -> CE/SS BE
Except you can step it now.

SW 3B doesn't pushback at all anymore and no stun from CH 9B? 22K damage weakened? 1BB+K gone? "Extend" is steppable (not to mention JGable)? What's she got left? SCIV Ivy is dead. Tell me again how you're gonna keep me out and build meter?

In exchange she gets a crazy strong super throw that might even be duckable on reaction. In one match it was ducked three times in a row (that blue hand...). I think I'd rather keep Ivy out if she has one bar. Nahh I'll just rush her down with Pat.

Ivy seems low tier right now, the players there are just godlike at learning and adapting to changes. Those unblockable mindgames were hilariously effective.

Except you can step it now.

SW 3B doesn't pushback at all anymore and no stun from CH 9B? 22K damage weakened? 1BB+K gone? "Extend" is steppable (not to mention JGable)? What's she got left? SCIV Ivy is dead. Tell me again how you're gonna keep me out and build meter?

In exchange she gets a crazy strong super throw that might even be duckable on reaction. In one match it was ducked three times in a row (that blue hand...). I think I'd rather keep Ivy out if she has one bar. Nahh I'll just rush her down with Pat.

Ivy seems low tier right now, the players there are just godlike at learning and adapting to changes. Those unblockable mindgames were hilariously effective.

Daishi said she was the strongest character in the TGS build, but he's not exactly a top player, so we'll see.

Thats it, Im calling it. This build of Ivy is GHETTO Ivy. <Rants> <Those who have a better mind for things can just not read>

66[A]> CL 33A is ghetto... WP version? Second hit WILL come out. <Just-guards>
3[A] (old WP 3A)...oh I dont even need to Just-guard and its punishable. Its a mid, saw the nerf coming.
3[A+B]. Such a useful iconic move...and its now a greater move bcos it has like a 15f cancel. Thanks!
bK (old SW 214K), so thats half of its uses gone. RCC from crouch. Namco trolling us.
4A+B, ever since SC3 u have died...RIP. SC4 was unstable. Now its just pathetic as ever...CH can get blocked.
1B (old SW 6[ B ]), nerfed either way. Undoable from crouch, slower...crappy stun properties without BE.
9B. It already has a weakness which was step. Now step is stronger in this game. It gets nothing on CH.....
9[ B ] into WS [ B ]B.... possible frametrap string done by slow GI-able/8wr-able starter? Can I put the string elsewhere?
CL 6AK, still not NC. For a sword move its slow. A game needs highs. Just too many useless highs.

And srsly Namco, you have so many open move slots available and you have to just copy and paste SW 44K into 8wr 11_77K so now we have 3 slots in the game with the same move. Same with 66_33_99K is WP 66K, when mbe 66K can be something else like SW 66K?
What a waste of slots for a char which had lots of moves.

Signia: From what Kayane says, the CE throw is unreactable. It needs anticipation. That Maxi from the vids was clearly waiting for it.

Pls note, while this post is full of negativity its also for humor. Take it lightly. :)

I agree she is weaker but I still don't see her as low tier at the moment. Some changes are bad and some are good. We haven't seen all her spacing tools yet.

Davo:

- CL 66A->CL33A - i really like this move. I can see a lot of uses for it already. It's prolly gonna be unsafe, though. I wonder if you can delay 33A.
- WP 3A doesn't stun on CH, at least that's what I saw in the videos. Can be wrong , though.
- WP 4A+B,B is like in BD (not guaranteed unless with aGI) however, if the aGI pushback is fixed it's gonna be powerful.
- CH 4K stuns like in SC3. It's gonna be a lot of damage.

I also hate the input change for old SW 6B... now she won't have any FC mid faster than i15 for punishing.

WP 66A->CL33A: Thats what I mean for ghetto. Its a trickster tool against those who plans to tech and punish. It screws with ppl for once... after that it gets old very quickly.

Also, 66B (old CL 33B) is faster than before and now with BE option. Possible as a punisher?

WP 4A+B,B is like in BD(not guaranteed unless with aGI)
Look here... aGI, Counterhit on the B hit. Not the 4A+B part. It means that its guardable but Pat was mashing.

4K stuns on CH is a good.
Also WP 1B+K. IIRC from stream, 2-hit WP 1B+K CH otg does not pickup.
CL A+B,A on hit does not even KD... and it pushes out so much the 3rd hit never hits...

Edit2: I also wouldnt want to label her low tier yet atm.... despite the criticism, I am still excited with that little hope...

Despite all the whining, I'm glad that she is weaker. Finally, she will require a lot of skill to win .

The only thing that irritates me at this moment is the fact that they buffed Asta and Mitsu damage to a complete new level - Asta knee stuns on NH - truly retarded, just as 22B BE relaunch into air throw in combos. Why buff a character who already does the most damage in the game? I don't understand.

Mitsu's damage and 60% combo after 2K BE is also insane.

Davo, oosaka said that CL 33BBB into BE launches into 6B8. I also saw CL A+B,A - very sad. One of her best tools in past games.

ye thats 66B, A+B+K > 6B8. It caused a wallsplat at the end of Tira vs Ivy TGS vid.

Also for trivia, in SC2, 6B8 has an easier time connecting for the combo 33_99A>22B>6B8. 8B+K doesnt work for some reason.

Edit: Is it just me or BE SS has a vaccum effect?

That's because in SC2, 6B8 is i11 and 8B+K is i13 :)

Malek has just confirmed in stream chat that 5hit JF is still in the game. Now we have to wait when he is available to write something.

It's out. I actually wonder how 22B into SE BBB works now since there is no SE, there will be no visual sign of Ivy doing BBB or something else. The move will just come out of neutral.

It's out. I actually wonder how 22B into SE BBB works now since there is no SE, there will be no visual sign of Ivy doing BBB or something else. The move will just come out of neutral.
That's good that means that it might be easier to block afterwards if they block it.

malek was online earlier and i asked if he could share his findings on ivy with us but then he went off shortly after,probably before he read it,i hope him and scud have some good things to share with us and what there opinion is on the new ivy like how strong they think she is now

ye it does seem lower than before.

The funny thing is, nearly all her SE stance moves r doable on neutral. Except for shoulder barge, SE A236A and B. If they make another stance, theres a worry they'd put the current neutral SE moves back into a stance...pls no.

kerrod, Id agree its voicing out to daishi is overdued... damn Im such a hypocrite....

Actually, we have seen SE A236A in one of the official gameplay videos :) Looks like it might be a JF move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back