Ivy Videos

Thanks for that vid timat that was one great fight that seigfried was nasty... but that ivy player pulled it through his ivy was great. tough seigfried matches get me pumped up.

That Seigfried ducks nearly everytime she runs into him. Solid Ivy, it shows the power of 9B, 1KB spam and every tournament Ivy needs use cheap UB atleast once. XD

Altho he generally get CH a lot in a lot of places where he could simply block.(A situation where its safer to block as oppose to getting into seig's mixup range). Not much anti-Seigfried basics as he hits out of WS B> K is frametrap and doesnt punish 3. His move choice is kinda wierd in certain places, like he got knockdown by Seig WSB, and he just got up with WP 22B as Seig charges at him with throw/3B mixup. O_o thats just insane.

That Seig player doesnt have a clue that 9B is punishable on block as he should atleast get free throw mixup. Too mentally scarred from all those CHs? And what is with that perfect final round in the first set where he landed CH SSH K and he could of simply rung her out.

Although it looks like 22>SSH or SCH [A]>SSH is his safest transitions where there isnt much to do but to be in CL to whiff punish SSH A+B or simple block whatever mids. I forgot how fast is his SSH K, tho it looks like it beats i16 moves.

And what is with that perfect final round in the first set where he landed CH SSH K and he could of simply rung her out.

He really could have but he dragged it out and did a bunch of cool looking stuff lol...

I didn't know Ivy 9B was unsafe so I learn something from posting this haha

That Seigfried ducks nearly everytime she runs into him. Solid Ivy, it shows the power of 9B, 1KB spam and every tournament Ivy needs use cheap UB atleast once. XD

Altho he generally get CH a lot in a lot of places where he could simply block.(A situation where its safer to block as oppose to getting into seig's mixup range). Not much anti-Seigfried basics as he hits out of WS B> K is frametrap and doesnt punish 3. His move choice is kinda wierd in certain places, like he got knockdown by Seig WSB, and he just got up with WP 22B as Seig charges at him with throw/3B mixup. O_o thats just insane.

That Seig player doesnt have a clue that 9B is punishable on block as he should atleast get free throw mixup. Too mentally scarred from all those CHs? And what is with that perfect final round in the first set where he landed CH SSH K and he could of simply rung her out.

Although it looks like 22>SSH or SCH [A]>SSH is his safest transitions where there isnt much to do but to be in CL to whiff punish SSH A+B or simple block whatever mids. I forgot how fast is his SSH K, tho it looks like it beats i16 moves.

Does Ivy have anything other than SW 1A that can stuff his WS B > K?

well WS B is -18 on block and WS is 0. So if you mean WS > SCH K you can't even use 1A since it's i12 and SCH K is i11. If you mean on hit. dunno...

Would guess it guaranteed as well.

Only other i12 move of Ivy's is SW 4B btw. i13 is SW 1K, SW 6B8, SW 8B+K. Not that it makes much difference.

well WS B is -18 on block and WS is 0. So if you mean WS > SCH K you can't even use 1A since it's i12 and SCH K is i11. If you mean on hit. dunno...

Would guess it guaranteed as well.

Only other i12 move of Ivy's is SW 4B btw. i13 is SW 1K, SW 6B8, SW 8B+K. Not that it makes much difference.

SW 1A trades with stance K and I believe you still get a guaranteed 1KB...maybe more. Not sure.

SW 1A trades with stance K and I believe you still get a guaranteed 1KB...maybe more. Not sure.

1KB misses due offaxis, have realign with G first. Instead of using the time to realign, buffering CS there is good as there is no buffer lock when u trade.

Or block the first hit of SCH KK and interupt the 2nd with 4K from any stance.

Or block the first hit of SCH KK and step the second K to your right and setup SW [A+B] half cancel.

If you are in WP, and he commits SCH KK, you can step to his right and punish him with WP 214 A as they cannot duck in time. This is however vulnerable to SCH A.

If you are in CL, and he commits SCH KK, you step to his right and bcos CL has a big step you will endup behind him. Punish him with CL 6A+B for (91dmg). This is however vulnerable to SCH A.

Well, I’ve been pretty inactive for a little bit. Here are a couple of matches from Jaxel’s last tournament. Although I win them, the commentary is far better than my actual play:

Ivy vs. Amy(the match play begins at the 3:00 minute mark):

The power of the unblockable, lol…
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2192265

Ivy vs. Talim:

350z is a CS and iCS whore…
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2192339

Ivy vs. Lizardman:

Don’t whiff when I’m near the edge…
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2191049

Ivy vs. Voldo:

I SAID: Don’t whiff when I’m near the edge, lol.
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2190755

Ivy vs. Lizardman:

Don’t whiff when I’m near the edge…
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2191049

Its not the matter of whiffing, didnt u hear them? You ducked a mid. SW WS B has super TC frames. Which means any later u did that u would of died. While this hasnt been discussed in detail, Im curious if this can be applied more often. :P You got that saucy win. Such yummy victory but so wrong...LOL

That second last round should of been Voldo's win after Red-GI, but he missed it. :P I found it funny how he tried to abuse the 1A TC when he isnt in blindstance and as a result ate CS.

In general: very nice execution of iCS, then its CL214B and 22K FTW.

edit: especially SW WS B FTW

And u should also post the vids where u lost. Just to see what can be improved. :]

What's funny Davo, the matches where I lost weren't recorded, lol, and I really wanted those. There was one match where I lost against Sigfried after being waaay up in the match. It was actually very embarassing; I should have won every match that I played this weekend--except for one (where Bibulus picked Sigfried to get his revenge, lol). The other match I lost to Jian was from a complete lack of knowledge of Starkiller. I had Jian's Sigfried figured out, but I was lost against his Starkiller; I had never even faced a Starkiller player in a tournament before. It was a stroke of genius on his part. I played Serge's X and I was up in the match and had some execution errors...and lost the match at the end (like every match I lost this weekend). I would've loved to have those matches up to see where I need to add a little change, lol...

SW WS B is interesting. I've noticed that attempting iWS B in SW works quite well--even when it shouldn't. I don't have it down to an exact science yet, but I'm pretty sure that there must be attacks that fall within a certain impact speed that can get caught by it even if they are mid attacks, because I have used it many times before. I have used that move against Lizardman before in the exact same circumstance. I know I am not the only Ivy player to lure an opponent over to the edge for the ring out with this move.

I just can't believe just how many people fall for it!

The only person in the room who knew what I was doing was Malice (as I have used that strategy against him over and over again). There used to be a video of me playing him where InsanKhent says something like, "I was wondering why you were letting him hit you. I see why now." It's a risky proposition on my part, but once my life falls below a certain point, I take damage and allow myself to be pushed over to the edge to make it look like I'm in trouble, waiting all the while to do what I did. I thought I had tipped my hand actually when I got a little too excited and used it the first time where he blocked it, lol. But once I saw the animation coming, I knew that it was over...

I just can't believe just how many people fall for it!

The only person in the room who knew what I was doing was Malice (as I have used that strategy against him over and over again). There used to be a video of me playing him where InsanKhent says something like, "I was wondering why you were letting him hit you. I see why now." It's a risky proposition on my part, but once my life falls below a certain point, I take damage and allow myself to be pushed over to the edge to make it look like I'm in trouble, waiting all the while to do what I did. I thought I had tipped my hand actually when I got a little too excited and used it the first time where he blocked it, lol. But once I saw the animation coming, I knew that it was over...

Larry - That video you're talking about is this one, around the 0:50 mark.

Here are some videos of me playing against a Korean player (Seungcheul). I kinda used Hilde at first and then I think we did a FT 3 with me playing Ivy.

Unfortunately I can't use command throws on PS3, so I really didn't try to attempt them all that often. The problem is that I couldn't really get them out when I needed to. If I could have used them, there would have been a high probability that I could have won some extra rounds/matches. Unfortunate.

Other than that, I did get a little predictable with how I played my ground game, and I really don't know what to do because Ivy's ground game kinda sucks. I also fell for alot of Crane shenanigans. My mixups and timing could have been more varied. Delayed grabs and better use of the frame adv from FC 3B would have been nice. As far as spacing goes, I should have used CL/WP more (WP 6B+K/ CL 1B, B+K/etc) to play keepout from range instead of being a retard and backstepping in SW stance and letting him rush up to me for a mixup the whole time. I should have also noticed that he almost never runs up and immediately attacks when he sees that I'm spacing, so I should have grabbed him when he ran up and hit guard.

First part is Hilde, you'll have to fast forward to 5:00.

@ 5:28: Fail iCS attempt that just may have cost me that match.

@ 6:12: This hesitation really did cost me the match. Epic Fail.

There's probably alot more sloppy and/or predictable stuff that was going on, so I need you guys to comment and critique.
By the way, I know this isn't the Hilde forum, but feel free to critique my Hilde as well. I know I really did get predictable when I was playing her (didn't really use any mixups when I had frame adv from a charge, didn't grab enough, etc.) Interestingly enough, what I said about how I allow him to run up and guard when I'm playing Ivy is also true of our matches when I play Hilde.

Yun has few access to lows unless he is upclose. I'd only wish the use of more WP. Cos Yun cant really punish at WP range. And he wouldnt want to risk going into crane unless he plans to space further than WP 3A. Fighting in SW and CL means ur placing urself in even grounds with Yun which isnt the best approach imo. If you fight within WP 3A tip range, u can catch him doing crane B+K shenaningans. And I noticed u hardly ever use stomp after B+G throws or when u r directly on top of him. If he hesitates, its free dmg. >_>

Back