Ivy Videos

Glad you liked the weapon clashing vid :)
There is another vid like that in the Tira SA, If anyone is interested in watching.

It being a while since I posted videos (and apparently a while since anyone did), here's a boatload of Ivy/Mitsu fights.

Just a couple of notes:

1. If you're annoyed by my voice, IF you determine which voice is mine, then I would like to say I'm annoyed, perhaps even moreso as well about my voice on camera.

2. Please excuse my scrubby defense and my bad habits. Have been rusty since I haven't played Calibur recently until now; trying to practice for Evo. Those videos are -pretty- much me running on autopilot and me trying to actually get back to the point of actually being conscious of my defense.

That is pretty much it; hope to see you people at Evo!

- SoraKy

Good use of 1K,B for interrupts.

You should use more SW FC3B. and from your video, I learnt that CL WS B is good for setting up tech traps...

Some WP would make Talim's life difficult. WP 6B+K, WP 22B, something that will get her to stop jumping in when she feels like and make her 8WR. CL BB trashes her Windsault at optimal range, tho not to use it upclose bcos its negative on hit.

[video=Ivy (AwESTruck-) vs Talim (twinsbrown)]978[/video]

Fight between me and my brother. More to come.

Too many things going on lol.

Comments/Critique:

1. You're still missing out on more guaranteed damage. I know you love 3B but 214K has about a 20-30 damage difference if used after a G9B CH.

2. WP has already been mentioned as the anti-talim, but CL is no slouch either, and SW has 6B9. Wind Roll in general should be used with caution against Ivy, since she can counter it on block from virtually any stance.

3. More 4K! XD This is an underrated move in general IMO, and works wonders against high AA lovers like Talim.

4. Random GI-ing = never good. Idk if you two just played each other way too many times and the mindgames were the ones causing the whiffed GI's, but from that match alone, GI-ing to just change stance is... well, for the lack of a better term, ridiculous.

5. Love the CL WR B techtrap idea. I just might use this.... muahahaha.

That is pretty much it. Good vid. :]

Thanks for the comments on the video. How embarrassing, I was in SW that whole video. I never looked into WP being anti-Talim. I'll give that a go next time around.

<--- not a pro. But will try to comment nonetheless.

I'm guessing you want this to be assumed that it was offline; or rather, if that playstyle can be transferrable offline. As such, I will leave the online shenanigans out of the discussion (ie: anticipation GI attempts, etc)

1. SW FC 3B NH ~ CL 214B does not make sense, at least to me. In general, I find that CL 214B during advantage is bad, since any opponent who knows Ivy knows when she's at advantage and would therefore block. CL 214B blocked, is bad by definition. There are a -lot- of safer options. Now if FC 3B was blocked, then 214B would be an option.

2. CL WR AA... eh. I seriously wish Ivy had a better step catcher in CL WR, but bleh. I don't like this move at all. I -think- you were trying to use it at tip range? (which would've made the 2nd and 3rd hits guaranteed even on NH iirc) That would be good, but on any other non-CH scenario, this move is really just asking to be punished and should not be regularly used outside online.

3. Pushback move ~ CS is always good, at least for me personally. Even on blocked moves where opponent's are not expecting the pushback, its good to already have CS buffered in case they whiff their next attack (and surprisingly, a lot of people do, even among the higher level players).

I can't comment any more since your opponent either doesn't know Ivy or whatnot; so I can't comment on what works and what doesn't.

thanks sora,
I posted this vid because it most closely represent my playstyle.
That guy I was fighting, dec speedstar, has played me over 50 matches. He thinks he's one of the best astaroth evar!
lol, guess it's hard for him to adapt to Ivy. Anywho, I will try to post some matches where the opponent actually give me trouble next time.

Thanks again.

Oh no... SW 66A doesn't stun on CH anymore :( that new move looks interesting, pretty slow but GC, maybe advnatage on block? btw maybe we should create a special thread for SCBD Ivy? :P

Ivy is getting a move thats positive on block maybe?!??!? I'm dieing to know what movement they set for iCS in this one.

(In the second video you can also see one new move in WP state's arsenal. It looks like SW 44B...in a way ;p)

I noticed that too, but I keep thinking that move is going to be a mix up. The other version of that move could be a huge sweeping horizontal move, probably high, that resembles that move she did in her ending of SCIII, if you properly shake off her phantom, and shatters the soul edge.

Yo, just recently won the Australian Nationals. I was nervous at a lot of different places and at the grand finals. I was lucky to make it into the winners bracket, which played a big role in allowing me to win the grand finals. Fighting against LG's mind reading Asta was brutal and so was Engared's NM and Endnow. Yah, enjoy would like some feedback from ppl!

First match (2-3) <watch me twitch at the end and die>
Second match (3-1)
Third match (3-1)

First match (3-1)
Second match (3-0)

First match (1-3)
Second match (3-1)
Third match (3-1)

-First match: (0-3)
First round, I realise Im not using my reflexes at all. I did FC 3B and still try to do 2A after it got blocked. Also should of known Asta'a bullrush reaches really far, I shouldnt use slow things like CL 6A+B. In the second round where I got B+G RO by Asta, I was doing CL 214B after WP 22B which was stupid bcos I am at least -17 punishable and thought I could get out. Third round, as embarrasing as it is I did WP 66A+B and got punished by Asta's 22B. Overall, I did too much WP 6AA in this match and my WP suffered poorly.

-Second match:(1-3)
I decided to spam CL 214B hoping to make him think twice in bullrushing. But I made a fatal error of doing SE A+B without paying attention to my surroundings (the moving wall). I was devastated and lost my calm in this match. I decided to chip more with SW 4B and SW 1K. But I only got one of my SW 4B to get bullrushed to die. I lost this match *painfully* as I stress myself not to duck against bullrush on the ring and I died when he delayed Bullrush. It was pain, a stab into the heart.

-Third match:(3-2)
I totally underestimated the danger of this stage against Asta and really should have changed stages at the second match. But I refused to chicken out, so there.... First round, my opponent read me well. He steps my WP 3>SE K and I got punished by 22B>28B+G RO. Second round, this is where bullrush really pisses me off as on block he can mixup to his favour at tiprange if I decide to camp in SW. Should I do something, or risk getting step punished?
I now realised what I feared the most was to see myself getting step punished by 22B.
(I have to remind myself to be patient as Asta tries to come in.) The final round was crucial to me, I was so close to losing if it wasnt for the second hit of SW BB to hit out Asta's 88B (His left side). And WS A+B FTW...I must be crazy. o.o;

-Final match :(3-0)
I didnt expect this outcome. Partly due to my opponent stuffing up his command grabs. I was lucky to get a chance for the comeback. After CH WP 3A> CL1[B+K]> Im meant to do SW 214K, but somehow it turned out wrong. Also I dunno how my CL 236B missed after CH CL WSAA. After postGI while in SW, I should be doing BB or something better than 1A.....Ugh...And I should of broken all his B throws. :( This match, I was able to land CH WP 3A a lot, as Ivy was at the right range when asta tries to bullrush into it.

Just watching that last game and all the missed command grabs makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time. no Command Grab = No Win. LOL. Great stuff, Davo.

Just a question... no analysis for the other matches? ^_^;;

LOL, I have some comments on the Endow fight

First of all, Davo, you're my hero for pressuring with nothing but 2A,FC3B
that was freaking hilarious! he went wtFF!!

Why did you guys pause the game and had to restart the match?
I couldn't understand the complaint about the controller.

And seriously Davo? A standing SS buffer? You're a freaking psycho, you deserve losing that round for that silliness.

Finally, wow that siegfried plays exactly like all the other sieg spammers online, 3B,3B,3B,3B,3B
You would think people in offline tourneys are better than that.
I'm glad you beat him.

Why did you guys pause the game and had to restart the match?
I couldn't understand the complaint about the controller.

Bcos we had multiple controller setups, we had 2 arcade stick plugged in and 2 wireless pads. It could have been the wireless which may have conflicted leading to controller disconnect. It happened to the match with me versus Endnow and just after the second match of the grand finals. From there, we decided to restart the match with my one win, so it was a free kill. Slide kick would be boring I thought, so it was a good time practicing iCS. LOL

First of all, Davo, you're my hero for pressuring with nothing but 2A,FC3B
that was freaking hilarious! he went wtFF!!

Thx. :) He did 3 iAGAs in a row. What more should I do to keep myself alive lol. If I did 22K in any of the strings, I would have been dead there. Glad he didnt have a red GI.

And seriously Davo? A standing SS buffer? You're a freaking psycho, you deserve losing that round for that silliness.

My buffering is no where good as Whoazz or u in game. Probably the worst Ivy bufferer in the soul arena lol.

You guys should check out the Engared matches, he is actually strong, but lost due to lack of anti-Ivy tactics. All the vids are up soon there should be a video thread up.

Just a question... no analysis for the other matches? ^_^;;

Not to downplay the quality of those games, tho I thought ppl only cared about the grandfinals. Its also mainly where problems of my gameplay begin and I panicked my way thru and did stupid.................things.

About the Engrared video,
Davo you cheap ass, I saw like twelve 22_88K in a row
=P

Thats bcos, I was thinking he wont go into NSS there, but do either 6K or throw. If he did 3K, 1K it would interupt my FC3B or 22K even after +1. SW 6 would beat his 6K on +1. Tho if he does go into NSS, FC 3B would have a better chance of hitting him before his NSS A comes out *Have to be very close*. Altho 22K is good because its solid damage just for guessing right.

If its seig Im fighting, u see I do lesser 22K. Then again NM has vaccum grab and its a pity he didnt abuse the phantom grab range. Ivy has that too but buffering out of nothing is like i30 for me.

Sidenote: After looking at Malek's vids, noticed he got away with using 7/8/9gB a lot, its his favourite getout and counter fishing move. I usually want to save it up and have the opponent feel free to walk into it by the end of the match. Tho I should use it more in WP from now on.

Yo, could ppl critque on the grand finals, I know for sure there's avenues of improvement all over. Say for example what could I have done better other than the stupid things I highlighted myself. Thanks!

Back