[Japan] All Visitors To Japan

Me and the wife are fine. Wife is stuck at work since all the train service has been cancelled. So are a bunch of my friends. I know those people further East near the coast took it the worst.

Oh my God... tsunami and earthquake in Japan...
I hope everybody is okay. May God be with you always.

Is T JP OK?I've sent him a message on his cellphone but no response.
Was anyone able to get in contact with him?

TJP just wrote back to my email. Maybe you'll hear from him soon, Aggelos. He's stuck in Saitama because the trains are shut down.

I hope everyone is ok! :( I miss japan and sincerely hope all of my japanese friends, military friends, and 8wayrun buddies made it through these terrible disasters! My thoughts are with you all...

TJP just wrote back to my email. Maybe you'll hear from him soon, Aggelos. He's stuck in Saitama because the trains are shut down.

I'm glad his OK. Hope his family is OK too.

Ya guys, this quake was devastating... To make things worse, tidal waves hit the shores.

all units report in. San Diego is on Tsunami watch for the next 10 hours. I hope you guys are ok. my prayers are with all of you and your families

The Hot Rod Family

I tried to get a hold of Talim but no dice but I am glad he was able to contact someone to let us know he was ok. Me and the wife are fine also but were not on main land but the clock is ticking....is the mega quake predictction between 15 and 20th is starting to line up as they say?...god bless you all.

Is T JP OK?I've sent him a message on his cellphone but no response.
Was anyone able to get in contact with him?
Glad to see you're alright mik/agge. Hope to hear from JP soon. My prayers go out to you guys. Hope you're safe, same goes to the people you know. Sad thing is, no matter how many people died someone lost somebody. To say nothing of how this is going to affect people's lives or your economy.

I tried to get a hold of Talim but no dice but I am glad he was able to contact someone to let us know he was ok. Me and the wife are fine also but were not on main land but the clock is ticking....is the mega quake predictction between 15 and 20th is starting to line up as they say?...god bless you all.

Oh thank God. Im glad to hear Talim_JP is ok. I was really worried.

Talim, buddy, my family and I pray for you and all others there on the main land. Please be safe. Take care of yourself and your family and drop us a post to make sure you are doing good. Dunno what we can do over here for you, but if I can help you lemme know!!

The Hot Rod Family

Watching the NHK news and just now they had a small quake? Aftershock? and they said they the news office was shaking a bit then stopped....how long is this going to last?

Thanks for all the mails and care from around the world!
I answered them all but I think some weren't able to get through.
It's strange but international contacts were able to get through while JP couldn't.

I had to spend the night at my friends house near work in Saitama cause the trains didn't work.
When I left this morn they still didn't work and it took twice as long as normal to get home. Had to take a bus and take a roundabout way.

Many aftershocks, at first was like every 10-30 min, never experienced so many before.
They are still happenin >24hrs later.
The main quakes were long too- like >1 or 2 min.
Think the quake was around a high 6 in Chiba but the scale is different than the US one (they don't use the Richter scale).
We are in Tokyo Bay so although there was a tsunami it was smaller than the rest of the coast (maybe they were 10m and we were about 2m? if I remember right).
I am like 15 min from the shore by bike (can see the ocean from here) but haven't seen any tsunami damage, sometime wanna go down seaside way and see what it looks like.

Saw the tsunami on the news- incredible, like hot lava. You could see cars and people watchin it and then they were probably swallowed up by the wave. It was pushin houses, cars and junk with it.

Utilities all OK (didn't even lose em after the quake so kudos JP utility guys) and my family is all OK and safe.

The fire at Cosmo Oil in Ichihara, Chiba was near my house and my son saw it blow up.
He and his friends were playin the 360 durin the earthquake and I don't even know if they stopped, haha.
Looks like mud came up from ground (like Kobe) in some places (my condo's on reclaimed ground).

Aggelos- I mailed ya but it didn't go through, you were the first to contact me- thanks! ; )

The nuclear plants have some probs but they say if you are 20km away you're OK. We are far away but I think you gotta be >20km.

The inside of my house looks like it was in the epic center- every room is a total disaster. Don't even know where to begin and it gives me a headache just lookin at it. Many of my wife's expensive dishes are broken. Since I work so much it's gonna take weeks to get it back to normal...

Was supposed to go to a party tomorrow but may cancel to clean up.
I didn't go to my 80km bike ride cause I have a bad cold (changed my voice) and cough but I bet they canceled it or changed the day.

Other news:
Heard from exclamation point and he's goin back to the States around 4/15 so we all gotta get together for games before then. I say during Spring vacation.

Wife got stuck at work, but thankfully the Namboku line came up and she took that back. Still, she had to taxi it back from a nearby station since the Yamanote was down (back up now).

The news made a big deal out of that aftershock, but we've been feeling more severe ones all day. They said it could possibly be months, considering the size of the initial quake. There may be a larger one to follow in the coming months as well.

Glad you're OK!

Great, maybe I should just leave everything on the floor...

Back