Japanese or English Voices?

Yoshimitsu

[09] Warrior
Do you prefer to use the English voices, or the Japanese ones? I just put the Japanese voices on, and to me, they're much better than the English ones.

What do you think?

i like the japanese simply because it gives yoshi a pretty scarey sounding voice. It makes me feel all tough and shit to!

japanese language..FTW!!!

Japanese voices are way overrated. English > Japanese for quite a few characters.

Hilde
Zasalamel
Nightmare
Raphael
Vader
Maxi
Yoda
Cervantes
(sophie and cass are kinda iffy, dont prefer one over the other)

Also actually understanding what characters are saying is a plus.

i like the japanese simply because it gives yoshi a pretty scarey sounding voice. It makes me feel all tough and shit to!

japanese language..FTW!!!

Exactly. He sounds more demonic with his Japanese voice. His English voice makes him seem like he suffers from Autism.

:O

English. Then when I get bored of the english voices, I switch to Japanese. Then when I get bored...I switch back again....etc

The japanese voices are vastly better spare the star wars characters. Tira makes me want to kick a flaming orphan puppy every time i hear her english voicing.

Ivy sounds a lot better as well as astaroth. I also prefer the custom voices too, although they're pretty bad across the board (#3 female is pretty sexy tho).

Just wish I could get english starwars characters.

dude...yoshi hella is autistic bro.. fuckin rain man.... I like english yoshi cuz he says funny shit..which is the yoshi I love. while it might make you feel cool to have a "demon" voice... how much COOLER is it to have a voice that you can say "dude.. u just got your pussy tapped by THAT guy" *points to weird man jump in one footwhile spinning a sword and chanting outloud.

But some of the english voices just SUCK SUCK SUCK. like Ivyfan said.. tira's voice sucks (although if there is a flaming orphan puppy then either you are A: putting it out of its misery so tira makes you a good person??? or B: tira makes you want to commit hate crimes against gay dogs... ...

But yea.. its a mix.. usually I'm lazy so i leave it on english.. but I switch it sometimes for the fuck of it :)

I prefer Japanese because it definitely sounds better imho...and I don't mind reading the subtitles =]

I like both voice tracks.

ENG for the lulz

JPN because they "sound cool"

In all honesty, considering I'm not incredibly familiar with the Japanese language, I'm in no position to critique the voice work. So I'm simply going off my "American ignorance" when I say they "sound cool".

Yeh I also think japanese is a bit over-rated. The only japanese voice-set I really like is Xianghua's --if only there was an option to individually set characters languages Xianghua would just about be the only one I would set to Japanese.

Yes and Yoshi japanese voice seems to conflict with his actual character I like the english version much better and am I the only one here who likes spamming "Here Kitty Kitty" rofl. Give tira some slack =D.

Certain characters are better in English, others are better in Japanese.

I will say this though: English voiced Xianghua makes me want to rupture my eardrums with a butter knife.

I prefer english mainly. I switch to Japanese when I tire of hearing them speak. I really prefer Tira's gloomy side english voice actor. I hate her Jolly side one along with Xianghua's just kidding crap.

English, even though they took out most of the great lines.

"Ugh, you're definitely not my type!"
"Well then, let us dance!"
"Um...I will defeat...the evils of the [something]!"

Japanese voices 100%...
English is just so annoying...Cedric,you snerious...? Raphaels voice sounds SO gay in English. .___.

I think that Kilik, Nightmare,and SW characters are the only people who sound good in english...MAYBE even Astaroth.

Back