Just Attacks

Double tapping is not working for me lol, i mean you can double tap it but you still have to time it the same way so i dont see the point. I think ill just stick with the "normal" way, i have about 80% success rate with it.

Oh and fuck using 1AAA online, it can be almost impossible with the frame delays unless its that rare "almost-offline" connection.

Double tapping is not working for me lol, i mean you can double tap it but you still have to time it the same way so i dont see the point.
The "point" is that if you're using two fingers instead of one, still trying to hit the same timing, that you are literally making the inputs twice as easy (and likely to succeed). If one finger narrowly misses the input window, the other might hit it.

I didnt mean to hate on your method or anything, the "point" part kinda seems like you were mad at me :P

So you are doing the move by pressing two different buttons at the same time ? I didnt really get what you meant the first time, im definitely gonna try this method next time im in practice mode.

lol just spam with the Sakura move as me and it'll still look like you're not spamming because people will be focused on "oh my god he can use a patroklos!!!!"

So you are doing the move by pressing two different buttons at the same time ? I didnt really get what you meant the first time, im definitely gonna try this method next time im in practice mode.

frame 1: button down
frame 2: button up
frame 3: button down

So if your JF window is 2 frames, then you succeed if you're 2 frames early, 1 frame early, on time, or 1 frame late.

However if your JF window is 1 frame, then you only succeed if you're 2 frames early and on time.

Not all JF can be double tapped.

but you can make:
f1 button down
f2 button up, button down

i'm doing it like it with 1 button and 2 fingers, with very fast scratch (justl like in a:B in twister)
Still don't know how to do it, in offline 1B:B normal method is good enough, but during online its much harder while double tap is much easier.

Actually, I think everyone in here missed what I was trying to explain, probably because I wasn't explicit enough.

My stick button layout is:

A B K B
G A G B

The reason I set it up this way initially was so I could ag:B easily by sliding my finger along the bottom row (the AGB part). As you can see, this setup happens to afford me two A buttons fairly close together. The idea that occurred to me, and what I've started doing, is hitting the two A buttons simultaneously (or nearly simultaneously) while entering my 1A: A: A input. My index finger hits the A on the top row, and at almost the exact same time, my middle finger hits the A on the bottom row.

I kind of assumed a certain level of SF knowledge here when I was explaining before. In previous Street Fighter games (it's easier now), performing a special move as a "reversal" (say, in a wakeup situation) could be difficult to time perfectly. You would do a DP+P, but if you didn't time it perfectly (reversal timing) you could be interrupted. A trick you could do was do a DP+P~P~P by "drumming" your fingers (or pianoing, or rolling) across all three punches. This way you were literally three times as likely to hit the timing window, even if you couldn't necessarily predict what strength of DP would come out.

This is the same idea for how I'm using this technique. It is also why my top row button layout is now "ABKB". I use the two Bs simultaneously (using my index and ringer finger) to make the 1B:B JF easier. I started seeing results with that right away, as when it first occurred to me to try it, I hit 1B:B, 1B:B 4 times in a row with ease.

Actually, I think everyone in here missed what I was trying to explain, probably because I wasn't explicit enough.

My stick button layout is:

A B K B
G A G B

The reason I set it up this way initially was so I could ag:B easily by sliding my finger along the bottom row (the AGB part). As you can see, this setup happens to afford me two A buttons fairly close together. The idea that occurred to me, and what I've started doing, is hitting the two A buttons simultaneously (or nearly simultaneously) while entering my 1A: A: A input. My index finger hits the A on the top row, and at almost the exact same time, my middle finger hits the A on the bottom row.

I kind of assumed a certain level of SF knowledge here when I was explaining before. In previous Street Fighter games (it's easier now), performing a special move as a "reversal" (say, in a wakeup situation) could be difficult to time perfectly. You would do a DP+P, but if you didn't time it perfectly (reversal timing) you could be interrupted. A trick you could do was do a DP+P~P~P by "drumming" your fingers (or pianoing, or rolling) across all three punches. This way you were literally three times as likely to hit the timing window, even if you couldn't necessarily predict what strength of DP would come out.

This is the same idea for how I'm using this technique. It is also why by top row button layout is now "ABKB". I use the two Bs simultaneously (using my index and ringer finger) to make the 1B:B JF easier. I started seeing results with that right away, as when it first occurred to me to try it, I hit 1B:B, 1B:B 4 times in a row with ease.
So your sliding for the 1bb or double tapping? I'm completely lost!

Not at all trying to question your knowledge but are you absolutely sure of this? I dont think JF umbrella in SC4 was a 1 frame slide and neither was iMCF but twister seems about the same speed as them, if not easier.
Unless PS changed it in one of the patches, he is correct. The input window is 1f (possibly a little larger, but not 2f, definitely closer to 1f).

So your sliding for the 1bb or double tapping? I'm completely lost!
What I'm doing is, instead of hitting the B button only twice with my middle finger (as would normally be expected for doing the 1B:B input), I'm hitting one B button twice with my index finger, and the other B button twice with my ring finger, for a total of 4 B button inputs. I'll film myself doing this technique sometime, since people are obviously still confused. Strictly speaking, it's only actually useful to double the second input, but doubling the first one doesn't hurt anything.

The end result is that the input I do would be notated something like:

1bB:bB

or

1aA: aA: aA

Did that clarify anything?

DAM!!!! Mr. Salesman I'm sold!!! I'll have two orders of that configuration. lol. I have a hori commander pro for the ps3 so I'm thinking of ways to adapt that to a 6 button face config . Any ideas?

Still would like that video though!!! Timing is everything with Alpha!

but you can make:
f1 button down
f2 button up, button down

i'm doing it like it with 1 button and 2 fingers, with very fast scratch (justl like in a:B in twister)
Still don't know how to do it, in offline 1B:B normal method is good enough, but during online its much harder while double tap is much easier.

I was basing that on SF4, which does not allow a button to be up and down in a single frame (which is why people plink instead of double tap like in 3S). I'm pretty sure SC is the same.

personal 6 button layout for a pat

A G B
B K -

agb slide on top, from left to right

jf t slide down, from A to B

plinking/rolling can work if done during recovery after moves, but slide is the most consistent

personal 6 button layout for a pat

A G B
B K -

agb slide on top, from left to right

jf t slide down, from A to B

plinking/rolling can work if done during recovery after moves, but slide is the most consistent

Mortal Kombat approves.

I wonder if you can play this with one of those MK9 sticks.

What I'm doing is, instead of hitting the B button only twice with my middle finger (as would normally be expected for doing the 1B:B input), I'm hitting one B button twice with my index finger, and the other B button twice with my ring finger, for a total of 4 B button inputs. I'll film myself doing this technique sometime, since people are obviously still confused. Strictly speaking, it's only actually useful to double the second input, but doubling the first one doesn't hurt anything.

The end result is that the input I do would be notated something like:

1bB:bB

or

1aA: aA: aA

Did that clarify anything?
This technique has me intrigued. I'll be waiting for your video soon. :)

Double tap technique will not work if the JF "locks" -- if it won't come out if you've attempted too early.

Try it in training and turn input display on. Take 3B:B for example, if you input 3B B :B, it won't come out even if the third B is in the right time. Same with 1A:A and BT B+K:B.

It works for 1B:B but it screws up your timing since it's a 1 frame JF (though you might as well do it). And it also seems to work with the second JF in 1A :A :A.

Back