Just Attacks

Neo_remirez, I'm not sure what program you're referring to. Can you tell us what it is?

Can you give an example of a move that has to be done with under a frame timing?

While it's pretty much impossible to prove (although I have a feeling WCMaxi may have mentioned this in a PM, long since deleted, so not really useful) I'm sure the way that SC and every other fighting games works is that at some set point in each frame it will read the joystick to see what inputs have occurred, compared to the read on the previous frame. This only occurs once per frame. The fact that this window is less than one frame doesn't matter, as it's only occurring once per frame.

I did do some testing back in Tekken where I artificially set the frame timing to half a frame instead of a full frame, then input a command like A,B. 50% of the time it would give A, 50% of the time it would give B, i.e. only one input would fall within the input window.

If you think this interpretation of how the system works is wrong, and there is some way that a just frame can be smaller or larger than a frame, feel free to provide a discussion as to how.

1.5 frame window may occur online due to the way the game syncs, I think. Somebody explained that in one of these threads but I can't find it.

After throwing a strop and giving up on aPat, Ive deck died I'm going to pick him back up and really try and learn these JFs, I can't do any at the moment, that's right none, Im so bad at JFs.

I'm not to bothered about 1aaa and agb but I definitely want to learn JF twister, 1bb and the other one from the ground, I can't remember it at the moment

Edit : not much to be happy about but I can now do FCC 3bb, I think that's the right notation, maybe.
I can also pull off 2143a:b I just can't get the jf version yet. For me that's progress.

Yeah I can do something like that, wont be up till about 10pm though
there is also a sound file online somewhere with all of alpha timings recording as beats.
will post when I get back

I actually think 2143:aB is his easiest JF. There's no specific timing jus a fast aB slide. Tonight was my second time using (practicing) with him and I'm already 70% with this move from both sides. The hardest part for me was getting used to the 2143 motion. Double JF Twister too finish combos is easy as well. The secret is don't rush the second JF. Use this time to buffer in the 2143 and be ready to slide when you see the animation end from first JF.

I actually think 2143:aB is his easiest JF. There's no specific timing jus a fast aB slide. Tonight was my second time using (practicing) with him and I'm already 70% with this move from both sides. The hardest part for me was getting used to the 2143 motion. Double JF Twister too finish combos is easy as well. The secret is don't rush the second JF. Use this time to buffer in the 2143 and be ready to slide when you see the animation end from first JF.
his easiest JF for me is a:G:B hehe pretty much 100% not as handy as it use to be though, cant hit yoshi anymore

I suspect online fluctuations in timing is not what Neo_remirez was referring to, but it's been a week with no response from him.

For a player who have been playing Patsuka for maybe a month in total time with him and pretty recently put some serious training into his style, I'd say I'm acctually improving with him.

Easiest to Hardest (right now)

1st BT B+K:B - I find this move ridiculously easy to execute.

2nd 214~3B:B - Same as above, I learned the correct pressing pretty fast, however, I find it much easier to do when I force crouch.

3rd 214~3a:B - No problems doing normal Twister, but man my JFT comes out now and then, sometimes when I don't really need it. Also much easier to do when I force crouch (and wear a piece of cloth on the thumb).

4th 1B:B - Not a favorite move, so not using it to much right now, but it's medium hard for me to execute.

5th 1A: A: A - I love this move, but I rarely get the last hit right =(.

6th ag:B - Always get agB but besides, I'd never use this move in a battle with experienced players tho, easy to punish and spot.

I play APat on occasion, and my list is here. No xbox live, so no patches :(

Easiest to hardest:

214~3B:B - For some reason, I hit this nearly every time, even without meaning too.

1B:B - Another fairly easy one, I don't use it much though.

BT B+K:B - Not too bad with this one.

ag:B - Pretty snazzy looking, hardly ever use it.

1A: A: A - Can get the first two hits, JF even, but don't get the third hit very often.

214:~a:B - Never done. Normal twister is annoyingly difficult on it's own for me, and JF is practically impossible :P

I started play aPat (SETSUKA CUUZ) not long ago :p... But I do have some tips on landing those JFs. Their actually quite easy once you figure them out.

Hardest to Easiest
1. ag:B = WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THIS MOVE >_<. That slide is crazy fast, and hard(MORE LIKE IMPOSSIBRU) because I bumper guard on my controller.

2. 1B:B = For some reason I can't land this move consistently and I have no idea why ._. .

3. 2143a:B = Although this move 3rd it isn't that hard for me to do and I land it almost 90% of the time. I just accidentally do 2A while crouched when I try to do it sometimes. If you really wanna land this move just take ENOUGH time to make sure you've inputted the 214 and then do 3 AT THE SAME TIME you slide your finger from a to B as fast as you can.

4. 1A:A:A = Despite this being listed 4th, it's really not that hard, it's just when I mess up the first JF. The thing about this move is the timing of the second JF; The first A JF comes out at the same speed the 2nd A JF the comes out, so hit the 2nd A JF the SAME WAY you hit the first one.

5. 2143B:B_2143B:bA+B+K = I can do this move pretty easily.. But um, this move has the same timing as 1B:B when it comes to doing the JF, it just comes out slower.

6. BT B+K:B = This move is ridiculosly easy.

1b:b is really pissing me off UGH! I just can't get the timing. Tips?

1a:A:a I can get the first JF but I fuck up the rest! Tips?

Anyone having trouble with JFT the most important thing to remember is the 3a:B. You can actually delay the 214 into a visible FC then shoot out a JFT. Your 3a:B slide needs to be smooth and quick. Doesn't have to be super fast just don't let your finger get hung up on the A button.

I play on arcade stick with my buttons as A B G A
G K -- ABK

With this up layout I have both slide inputs on top row. a:B for JFT and reverse slide for JF A:G:B. Really consistent way for JF slides. Use pinky for BE and CE inputs.

I've been trying out new methods for JF Twister, and I like the plinking method but sometimes I'm inconsistent. When I do get it, though, I can do at least one more sometimes. Then it becomes hard again. How can I get the a:B plink? I use a ps3 controller.

Do you mean plink like in SF4 (A > A+B)? If so that's never going to give you a JF twister. A has be to let go before B is inputted for the JF version.

The most consistent I've found is (from your previous thread on the subject) rubbing your thumb across the two buttons. I've tried out aPat only once and that's today, and I've gotten the twister down about 60-70% of the time. As for Plinking though, I'm unsure, just keep at it. There appears to be more timing in the Plink method, but hey, aPat is all about style right? Just make sure the game doesn't register the Plink as a single input, training helps. I've found that going too fast often results in no JF, either that or my technique is sloppy at such high speeds.

Keep at it! :)

Do you mean plink like in SF4 (A > A+B)? If so that's never going to give you a JF twister. A has be to let go before B is inputted for the JF version.
Really? I think I've plinked it several times before, I've never played SF4 and I'm new to plinking. I guess what I mean is yea just kinda pressing A then holding it with B. I can get it with my nail sometimes but it is inacurrate and a bit inconsistent. I've also heard of pressing the edges. Also, for the too fast theory, I thought a JF Twister was frame 1: a frame 2: b?

I swear a dab of lube helps. But sliding with or without lube tends to be more consistent for me. Either flick your thumb across (which to me seems slower) or flick at the wrist (seems faster).

Reactions: HRD
Back