Kilik videos

Hayate: Thanks!

Nofacekill3r: I have been learning a number of characters and risking using some of them in tournaments for a while now mainly Sets for reasons that I will keep a secret. Ivy is one of those characters and suprisingly I have both a different outlook and approach that makes me disagree with the common views about her. I think she is alot more effective than the Ivy forums/users think she is. Its somewhat similiar to me believing Cervy is top but Amy is not but that would make me crazy :).

Rumble In The Tundra:

Something-Unique vs. Oofmatic (Winners Bracket)

Something-Unique vs. Oofmatic (Loser's Bracket)

Something-Unique vs. KDZaster (Loser's Finals)

Something-Unique vs. Thugish_Pond (Grand Finals)
Set 1
Part 1:Part 2:
Set 2
Part 1A:Part 1B:Part 2:

S-U, it´s a pleasure watching your Kilik in action!

Thanks! I'll keep them coming!

That wall shit you did against KDZ starting from 3:28 is f***ing amazing.

Hahaha thanks! The reaction at the event when people witnessed it was insane as well!

Its a harsh mixup because post 214B; iFotDamned & iFotDead comes out at i17-Frames making the opponent unable to crouch in time and at the wall at certain angles its strong since iFotDamned is still a threat in itself and iFotdDead at the wall is just as big of a threat.

omg you used to force block i posted that shit is so nasty is it also a force block after asura wall splat. PS that was i total highlight moment of this game. Oh and are you guna have your cervy recorded any time soon

Great stuff all around as usual SU. And I have to say your one of the only players who consistently raises your game up another level every tournament. Some might not notice but I'm always noticing small changes that make a big difference in your performance. Particularly in your matches vs Thuggish. Your reaction time to everything Amy has was insane. You were just patient, didn't try to guess, blocked most of her mix ups, used Asura only when you reacted accordingly. Truly impressive man. You might just be snatching that world champion title if you continue to up your game like this.

babalook:

214B is guaranteed to force block on almost all wall stun moves Kilik has. However its angle specific as well as character specific as some characters with a smaller hitbox can roll to the side it doesn't track in time which is Kilik's right.

Cervantes videos will be whenever I get another casual session in with InsaneKhent or before that when I get a session in with MGVFinest who i'm currently helping get back into the game speeding along the process; showing him unsafe/safe stuff etc. Hence the signature.

My Cervantes is progressing along just fine but it still needs work.

DMANXIIX:

Thanks for noticing.

Here goes some helpful information against Amy that makes her weak in my opinion......

1. Stepping is Godlike vs. Amy she cannot track.
2. One step/space back (Leaves no 2B+K mixup).
3. K (If u look at some of the videos u see me use this basic tool against her. Look at the minor but substantial effect on block it has against Amy). Its a secret beast.

Those simple above things put in motion leaves her with nothing except running in which in itself forces a strong mixup game from the defender because Kilik as a character is a turtle god.

1130706281_esc2-kilik.JPG

EQUALS

167971102_1e8dfec22c.jpg

WHILE

AmyHQartwork.jpg

EQUALS

RunningScared.jpg

Good Job, S-U! I actually have a question, you say that stepping is godlike vs Amy and it destroys her 2B+K mixup. However, when Amy uses [6]2B+K, its much more difficult to step 2B+K, because a running character tracks your character and many times she will track you from your step and hit you even with a terribly linear move like 2B+K. Have you dealt with something like this before?

Also, from the vids I noticed that Kilik's 1K seems to be an answer to Amy's 3BA. It will make A whiff (TJ), and punish 3B on block. I wish Ivy had a tool like that =s

It seems like Kilik is the only character in the game to have a i15 TJ move
(3B is -15 on block).

Tira is close with her 6K, but it's i16 so it doesn't work as punishment. It will interrupt every mixup after 3B though. (unlike a normal 9K that I can step or auto-gi after doing a blocked 3B with Amy.

Are there any other characters that have a very fast TJ move ?
Kilik seems to have just so many good tools !

I think that Tira's 6K won't work against Amy's 3BA because the TJ frames don't activate fast enough to beat the "A" part.

There are many fast TJ moves in the game but Kilik's 1K seems to be exception, I can't recall any other TJ move this fast with TJ property activating almost instantly. It leaves him at a disadvantage on hit, though.

Nearly every character's 9K/9B of the game will work against 3BA. I'll test Tira's 6K in training when I get back home.

Ring:

In depth Amy Breakdown:

Every time me and Thugish go at it our matches revolve around constant changes in timing. But nothing changes the fact that she is still flawed because 2B+K has no range. Both backstep (one simple step back) and sidestep beat it out. More important is the actual space (back step). Running in and using 2B+K exposes her to a number of mixups if u don't buckle and in general terms as well.

There are also a number of simple tools like Kilik's K that push her out of 2B+K range among others that are safe. Because there are so many options around 2B+K there is no reason to duck because everything else that will come at u will be mid or high which are all prone to step.

The biggest problem perhaps in regards to Amy is that her juice so to speak (33B, 66A+B, 2B+K, 3BA, 66B) are all steppable in the extreme and to top it off lacks in damage against most of the upper characters. Her 1A is the one choice she has to stop step but its weak and is -21-Frames. U can offset the damage of this move with a small poke of ur own providing room for u to not even bother ducking it except for rare occassions.

When u consider all of the above there is little room for her to do what she does best which is her oki because she can't get u on the ground. When she does make this happen her oki has the same flaws as standing (which no one pays attention to as its important). The same methods used to step standing apply here by rolling in the appropriate directions but as a plus u also have the option to roll backwards in combination with rolling in general. It doesn't matter if u get hit as ur chances of escaping her ground mixup is more in ur favor and eliminating her 2B+K range using the same method and in some cases cause her to whiff for punishment on wakeup.

Never just get up as that's giving her the thing she is so good at. Just take the hit and move around and as a result in some rare cases if u wish u can just get up. Her throw game is pathetic all round and the one throw I thought she has oki from is suspect to the exact same methods as the above.

So essentially even though its possible for her to get away with stupid things from time to time such as running in all it is; is a form of over compensation for the flaws that's still apparent and leaves her subject to options from the defender while running in. Also remember 66A+B is -13-Frames in close as its important.

Kilik 1K:

It beats 3BA with or without the mixup everytime but I find that its useless. That's because it leaves him at -4-Frames in front of her with no pushback for no damage leaving him subject to Amy mixup. So I choose not to use it. His Asura JF 80-Damage vs. 1K 14-damage is a much better choice but the window from confirming if A is coming is kinda difficult and if u decide to do it late the A will catch him during the Asura TJ animation. Its possible to confirm but its hard so that would be his best option.

Ring:

[When u consider all of the above there is little room for her to do what she does best which is her oki because she can't get u on the ground. When she does make this happen her oki has the same flaws as standing (which no one pays attention to as its important). The same methods used to step standing apply here by rolling in the appropriate directions but as a plus u also have the option to roll backwards in combination with rolling in general. It doesn't matter if u get hit as ur chances of escaping her ground mixup is more in ur favor and eliminating her 2B+K range using the same method and in some cases cause her to whiff for punishment on wakeup...QUOTE]

Haven't finished reading your post. I don't play with Kilik outside of 'fun' use, but it really doesn't matter here. I just wanted to commend you for that whole vs. TP match you had. Your side-rolling and it's effect on her oki was pretty nice. I even noticed when you would eat a 33B or something and then tech backwards and then fuck her tempo all up.

Pretty sleepy now, but, yeah, that type of stuff just makes me love fighting games and the competition. I can't wait to see you two's next matchup and the answers you two can come up with for each other. Moreso than that, though, I can't wait until I'm able to play with the whole SC4.

Not dick-riding in the least, but to see you two's matches from nationals (was it?) to those were pretty impressive, in regards to competition (especially because I noticed that, all too often, a lot of people from this website try to find answers in the form of other characters as opposed to adding things to their own strategies or even rethinking them completely), so it'd be wrong not to compliment you.

Heh, honestly think you have a bit of an ego on you, but I think that neither I nor anyone else can say that you haven't answered the call time and time again. And, hell, egos and shit-talking are two of the most beautiful things about competitions, to me. =D

Nearly every character's 9K/9B of the game will work against 3BA. I'll test Tira's 6K in training when I get back home.

Tira's not like every character :-P.... 9B and 9A are the only TJ moves of Tira that jump 3BA.

9A is negative on hit and 9B is risky if Amy doesn't complete 3BA because she still can hit Tira out of the air with 6BB.

Last portion of SCIV Grand Finals at Evo2010. Play doesn't get any higher than this, ladies and gentlemen.

Last portion of SCIV Grand Finals at Evo2010. Play doesn't get any higher than this, ladies and gentlemen.

Wait a minute... what the hell! I thought it was Hates and I.C.E who were in GF.

Anyways... critique on the match:
Kilik (-): Way too much Asura thrown out randomly. If it was a smart Amy player, he would've B+k'd that shit all day. You failed to shake a lot of Amy's shakeable stuns... actually, looking at it, the Kilik didn't shake one shakeable stun. You seemed a bit predictable with your FOTD's.
Kilik (+): 3rd round was your best. You got Asura off, and completed it. Your FOTD capabilities were good, and I believe I saw a couple iFTOD's. I noticed you were doing a okay job in killing Amy's Oki with A+B grounded. Though, a little too predictable, it's still a great tool versus Amy.

Amy(-): First off, noticed your use of 3KA... that's duckable on reaction, and very unwise to use it. Though, you were landing it, I'd advise you to use it less or not at all. Kilik should've ducked and WR B to 66B that. You weren't using B+K, not even when you blocked Asura dance... you have to get used to that. Your rushdown game was kind of bad, and you should've predicted the Kilik to use A+B grounded, since he was doing it practically everytime. You're Amy, your rushdown game should've been way more solid than that. I also noticed you didn't use 2B+K once... why not?! That low is so amazing. That one move would'ver upped your game by a lot. By using it you could've forced the Kilik to duck more, and score some awesome mids. I also noticed you dropped combos. You even missed a crucial combo off of 33B. You followed a 33B with 66B, without the JF even. You could've 6b+K'd and if that didn't work, follow up with 326236K:A for a guaranteed RO. The Amy definitley needs more practice. You don't look like you've yet to use Amy at a decent level. My advice, learn more about Amy and how to use her as a character.

Wait a minute... what the hell! I thought it was Hates and I.C.E who were in GF.

Anyways... critique on the match:
Kilik (-): Way too much Asura thrown out randomly. If it was a smart Amy player, he would've B+k'd that shit all day. You failed to shake a lot of Amy's shakeable stuns... actually, looking at it, the Kilik didn't shake one shakeable stun. You seemed a bit predictable with your FOTD's.
Kilik (+): 3rd round was your best. You got Asura off, and completed it. Your FOTD capabilities were good, and I believe I saw a couple iFTOD's. I noticed you were doing a okay job in killing Amy's Oki with A+B grounded. Though, a little too predictable, it's still a great tool versus Amy.

Amy(-): First off, noticed your use of 3KA... that's duckable on reaction, and very unwise to use it. Though, you were landing it, I'd advise you to use it less or not at all. Kilik should've ducked and WR B to 66B that. You weren't using B+K, not even when you blocked Asura dance... you have to get used to that. Your rushdown game was kind of bad, and you should've predicted the Kilik to use A+B grounded, since he was doing it practically everytime. You're Amy, your rushdown game should've been way more solid than that. I also noticed you didn't use 2B+K once... why not?! That low is so amazing. That one move would'ver upped your game by a lot. By using it you could've forced the Kilik to duck more, and score some awesome mids. I also noticed you dropped combos. You even missed a crucial combo off of 33B. You followed a 33B with 66B, without the JF even. You could've 6b+K'd and if that didn't work, follow up with 326236K:A for a guaranteed RO. The Amy definitley needs more practice. You don't look like you've yet to use Amy at a decent level. My advice, learn more about Amy and how to use her as a character.

/whooosh

fail

Back