Kogarasumaru March 2009 Monthly

Kogarasumaru March Monthly

Hooray Algol!
I'll try to come with kpc if he decides to come through. Should be fun
if I do go:
I'm coming for you MAXX!!!! :sc2sop2:

Unique i DO play algol and he is top tier...no real way around it...so u play kilik who can go through shit with certain moves...yay...doesnt mean he isnt top tier.

Damn. I miss the crew. I can't believe that I let my absolute hatred for this game get in my way of having a good time. I'm showing up...I think...

Damn. I miss the crew. I can't believe that I let my absolute hatred for this game get in my way of having a good time. I'm showing up...I think...

There's still the Bio Freaks tournament, you know...

I've never played the game myself, so I'm going to need to brush up on my strats. Are there tournament settings? Is button binding legal? Is there such thing as an N64 Stick?

You've been saying alot of silly things lately.
Im guessing they're all on purpose and I just assume you slowly wanna be the next Sword Lord/CY.

Really? What things have I been saying silly lately. Personally I believe he isn't in S-tier, A-tier yes but again I am entitled to my opinion.

However I will choose to be different from most simply because so far from what I have seen is a division in opinion between this community more than any other fighting game. People constantly scream broken etc. when they get beat by something they don't understand. The way I look at it is after getting beat go learn why you got beat. I have done just that with Astaroth and Hilde and I even took the time to run through the whole cast now thouroughly. I know who are my bad matchups for both my characters etc.

To put it simply when I came into this game I was fighting based on learning while playing with etiquette from other fighters. I came in thinking the community would know the most about the game since they have been playing different versions for years but in reality what I have noticed myself is that the majority (not everyone) don't even know their own game.

Again this is what I believe from my time here observing and playing. So I took the time to learn the in's and out's of the the game myself with help from tournament vids etc.

This may make me seem even crazier but I actually believe Setsuka is the highest tier with this game being played at its highest levels. Unfortunately I have yet to see anyone actually use her the way I wish I could.

Why are you always pointing at the community for everything?
Seriously. Because the Hilde combo needs a patch somewhere (whether it'd be not-relaunching or making moves unsafe) then all of a sudden the community is full of noobs?
Who's the community then? Is it the people that live behind their computers and post 8WR all the time awaiting for the next joke "Ban" thread? People with 500+ post? People who post once a week? a month? Or is it the tourney players? Enlighten me. For a newcomer, you seem to know alot. Props.

PS - Yeah, it does suck when you can't learn anything simply because ur character is brainless and doesn't allow for anything more than 3 moves.

PPS - Take the Sets discussion to the tier thread maybe? Where its already been established that she's top.

Why are you always pointing at the community for everything?
Seriously. Because the Hilde combo needs a patch somewhere (whether it'd be not-relaunching or making moves unsafe) then all of a sudden the community is full of noobs?
Who's the community then? Is it the people that live behind their computers and post 8WR all the time awaiting for the next joke "Ban" thread? People with 500+ post? People who post once a week? a month? Or is it the tourney players? Enlighten me. For a newcomer, you seem to know alot. Props.

PS - Yeah, it does suck when you can't learn anything simply because ur character is brainless and doesn't allow for anything more than 3 moves.

PPS - Take the Sets discussion to the tier thread maybe? Where its already been established that she's top.

I'm not trying to degrade or belittle the community or anything like that (not trying to be a jerk). Hilde definitely needs to be nerfed to some extent. The 1st thing that comes to mind is removing her plus frames off C2BB and C3A as well as the high crush properties on C3A that alone would be enough of a nerf because then she couldn't rinse and recycle. C2A is not that big of a deal o she can keep the plus frames on that.

Contrary to what everyone else thinks I think the thing that makes Hilde deadly is her STEP. Her Step=Godly and positions her just well enough to execute C3B, C2BB, C3A. Even crazier is that Hilde is garbage outside of those moves and to be honest IMO once again C3A and her step is her best tools not her Charge B's.

Most importantly I say the majority not all and I didn't label any specific names. Everytime someone gets beat by someone they label that character broken from what I can tell so far. It happened with Algol, Kilik, Hilde, who's next before people actually take the time to sit down accept their loss and learn that character.

Kilik brainless? If that's what your referring to that's interesting. I'm not even gonna touch on that.

Hey now Dreamkiller and Unique, lets keep this down a bit ok... You both have your point but no need to get things heated up ok... This is thread is really for figuring out who plans on going to the tournment.

No, Kit, I'm tired of your gay-ass trying to cool down HYPE.

You don't get to throw HYPE into a cold shower.

Let HYPE thrive.

Sigh KDZ...

I know you love it, and thats you... But as long as things do not get too far its all good..

something unique is right........algol is not S-tier.........if the community gave enough time to actually analyze the issue i think we would have universally accepted it by now.

Oh and hilde > Algol.......definetly!

This event is an 8WayRun.Com Exclusive Ranking Ladder Event!

Jaxel said:
This means that all players who attend this event will be ranked on the 8WayRun.Com Exclusive Ranking Ladder! The results of this tournament will be entered into the ladder and players will be ranked based on their performances on past ranked events.

If you have attended a ranked event before, you should have already been issued a LADDER-ID that is unique to you. When you come to this tournament, please have your LADDER-ID ready as the tournament organizer will ask you for it. If you have never been to a ranked event before, just inform the tournament organizer and one will be made for you in due time.

If you have been to a ranked event before, but don't know your LADDER-ID, you can look it up here: Print Players

All previous events I have run have been entered into the ranking system, so if you have attended one of my events (NEC included), be sure to lok up your LADDER-ID, as I will be asking you for it.

Well Algol is dumb (and so is yoda but no one plays his bitch-ass so i guess hes not a problem) the other characters i could care less but anyway see you guys in a few weeks.

Back