Leixia Matchup Chart Discussion Thread

Alright, now that that's settled. I am curious to know why anyone thinks the Voldo matchup is not in Leixia's favor?
He does out damage her like everyone else and has slightly better range on a few things, but she seems to be able to overwhelm him offensively.

- He's actually slower than where he was in 4. (ex: his BB is i19 I think).
- She can punish his lows really well (FC 3B for CR A+B, and BT 2A+B; 6KK for regular 2A+B)
- 6KK shuts down his CR mixup after blocking the first A+B (most chars can 2A to interrupt)
- Her best mids all hit grounded, so his various TCs and super TCs/stances don't work as well.
- 3B is pretty much safe against him. His best punish is probably K.
- Crybaby can be annoying vs his BT wakeup game.
- Voldo also has a lot of recovery time on his best moves on whiff. So step into iFC 3B works more often than most.

I feel like she dominates him at mid/close range due to a far superior speed, poking and counter offensive game, but has to be careful about giving him whiff punishment. (4A/4K/iWS K "frame traps" actually work well since his best mids are in the i16~i19 area.)

The only real problem she has, is trying to make up a huge life disadvantage while he's in BT, because he can easily play runaway against her. Especially on infinite stages.

Don't want to ope the gates again (who am I kidding?), but playing vs. Woahhzz aPat online and...

HOLY SHIT!

I mean, Viola has some bad matchups too but damn...when he started double twister'ing my twirl, I instantaneously thought of this topic. It was to the point that he would throw out jft at - just because her punishment (at least wha I was doing) was so weak. Still feel it's winnable...but damn...

didn't know it was punishable and then
Story: damn it, this bish keeps moving after everything, ima twister after something to teach her some respect. *twisters after 22b* wtf? NH? ima do it again if he does it again. *Does another twister after 22b* OMG is that a punish? this bish is done :). Story ends.

And zack are you coming to bar battles?

Thank god no one near me plays aPat

Alright, now that that's settled. I am curious to know why anyone thinks the Voldo matchup is not in Leixia's favor?
He does out damage her like everyone else and has slightly better range on a few things, but she seems to be able to overwhelm him offensively.

- He's actually slower than where he was in 4. (ex: his BB is i19 I think).
- She can punish his lows really well (FC 3B for CR A+B, and BT 2A+B; 6KK for regular 2A+B)
- 6KK shuts down his CR mixup after blocking the first A+B (most chars can 2A to interrupt)
- Her best mids all hit grounded, so his various TCs and super TCs/stances don't work as well.
- 3B is pretty much safe against him. His best punish is probably K.
- Crybaby can be annoying vs his BT wakeup game.
- Voldo also has a lot of recovery time on his best moves on whiff. So step into iFC 3B works more often than most.

I feel like she dominates him at mid/close range due to a far superior speed, poking and counter offensive game, but has to be careful about giving him whiff punishment. (4A/4K/iWS K "frame traps" actually work well since his best mids are in the i16~i19 area.)

The only real problem she has, is trying to make up a huge life disadvantage while he's in BT, because he can easily play runaway against her. Especially on infinite stages.

I agree completely. Crybaby takes him out of most stances and hinders his oki a lot. I've always felt against Voldo that once you get the momentum, you can keep it. Had no idea 3B was actually safe against him, will have to start using that. Ive always punished his stuff with 6KK, works most of the time.

didn't know it was punishable and then
Story: damn it, this bish keeps moving after everything, ima twister after something to teach her some respect. *twisters after 22b* wtf? NH? ima do it again if he does it again. *Does another twister after 22b* OMG is that a punish? this bish is done :). Story ends.

And zack are you coming to bar battles?

Nah, probably won't see me till whenever Doug's open again.

And I don't care about 22B being unsafe. Even woahhzz won't get it right all the time, lol.

Reactions: LP
Speaking of Evo and match ups.

I am wodering what you guys really think of the Leixia vs Asta match up? I think it very much in Asta's favor... even when you throw his lobsided damage advantage out the window, I think people are putting too much weight in his Throw game vs Leixia's TC/FC options.
Most good Astas I have faced tend to not need throws to keep Leixia at bay, especially in the infinite stages, he can keep her out indefinitely and becomes very hard to punish/stay on top of. His 22B is very hard to deal with and without meter so are all of his options vs Leixia's wake up options. The match for me often comes down to taking risks to get in and attempting to stay in his face and crouch a lot, but good Astas have adapted and often know how to deal with this.

Not to mention the fact that he can break your guard in or around 5 strikes and missing a JG attempt often results in a loss of 40-60% life, not to mention 75-80% when he guard bursts you. 22B is the devil.

Speaking of Evo and match ups.

I am wodering what you guys really think of the Leixia vs Asta match up? I think it very much in Asta's favor... even when you throw his lobsided damage advantage out the window, I think people are putting too much weight in his Throw game vs Leixia's TC/FC options.
Most good Astas I have faced tend to not need throws to keep Leixia at bay, especially in the infinite stages, he can keep her out indefinitely and becomes very hard to punish/stay on top of. His 22B is very hard to deal with and without meter so are all of his options vs Leixia's wake up options. The match for me often comes down to taking risks to get in and attempting to stay in his face and crouch a lot, but good Astas have adapted and often know how to deal with this.

Not to mention the fact that he can break your guard in or around 5 strikes and missing a JG attempt often results in a loss of 40-60% life, not to mention 75-80% when he guard bursts you. 22B is the devil.
yeah.....asta is more annoying this time around...I fight the sc4 astaroth anyday which he wasn't so annoying unlike his sc5 counterpart.

I posted this in the vs Astaroth thread, but I feel as though the midrange game is where you need to play this matchup effectively. In close, she can use her speed, but will still have to guess throws or anti-crouch stuff. At range, Asta actually has a GB game this time around so staying back is not good. But right outside his throw range, Leixia wins that battle easily.

6A+B on block will put Astaroth at the desired spacing for example. 44B or even a backstep will evade anything he tries at the range. If he decided to back away himself to put you at max range, you can just move forward and press offense. Also, 6A+B will stuff that armor BS too, so if you don't know what's coming next, it's a good tool to use.

Avoiding 22B on wakeup, sometimes it pays off to do WS B from the ground here. (ie: after getting side thrown by that launch throw, WS B will evade 22B) It might be possible to tech and JG, but i'm not sure.

It's possible to tech and GI, so JG should be possible as well. But 22B BE will beat all attempts to tech, roll or WS B I think.

It's incredibly tough to JG on wake up vs 22B, and the risk of botching it is almost not worth contemplating. I do have a weakness in this game, and that is using 4A+B+K GI effectively in non-obvious situations, maybe teching into a GI is something I will try to practice vs some of the KDs that often force me into teching/blocking 22B.

Zeroeffect- thanks for the tips, I found your post after I posted mine, sorry. I do use 1B+K and 6A+B a lot (mainly to TC high retaliations), however reminding me that it actually goes through his 66K BE is compelling. I will certainly try to get the timing down for when I read an Asta going for it. He also has a fat body, so stepping 66B, B is much harder for him on reaction, but i find when I am at the distance you claim she is strong at, I am forced to come in with 66B/A/K trying to react to his movement, and his 6B seems really devastating here, it seems much faster than it is and even though it does NOT track, it has a very wide hitbox (or so it seems). A lot of Astas that have had success against my bulldog style with Leixia, have generally sniffed out one or two dash in attempts when Asta is at life lead, and get me with the CH 6B, which results almost always in round loss. It's only -10 on block I believe, and the range it leaves him at is advantageous to him, any thoughts aside from iWS B would be appreciated!

Also, this sounds crazy... but Leixia needs walls in this match up, controlling his movement and range are very important, the infinite stages pose a huge problem for Leixia against characters with a good range game, Asta is no exception. I would rather risk getting hit into some crazy ass wall combo for a round than try and chase down an Asta player with unlimited space behind him.

i find when I am at the distance you claim she is strong at, I am forced to come in with 66B/A/K trying to react to his movement, and his 6B seems really devastating here, it seems much faster than it is and even though it does NOT track, it has a very wide hitbox (or so it seems).

If you're at post 6A+B range, 6B or 4A shouldn't reach. So I guess varying how you attempt to close distance is the issue. Running up and guarding, or maybe GI if you know they want that move. 33_99 steps may also help get him out of the "6B on reaction" habit while moving you closer. I mean, there's really no kill-all answer, but the idea is that if he can't throw you his mixup doesn't exist. He needs a CH at that point.

Now, as strong as her mid range stuff is, you will have to pressure him in close too. Give him a reason to push a button and not back away infinitely. The mid range game works best when you have the life lead. KND, pressure, and when he freezes, 6A+B. 1B+K is there as an escape if he's bullying you with GB and frame traps. Not as abusable, but it's something.

Leixia is still at a disadvantage in the matchup, but I find this helps it from appearing retarded like say, Mitsu or Alpha.

EDIT: (Credit to Kalas on this one) If you manage to hit WS B(BE), BT B+K, you can opt to use 44K here instead of the 3B and make him block it for better pressure. He doesn't have a real 2A so this becomes a frame trap on block.

Does 22B(BE) fully track or something? WS B should win out if it doesn't.
It does track 100%, which is why this move is so broken. It's a guaranteed whiff punish and guaranteed guard burst because it almost never misses (half screen range + tracking),and works as a fully tracking tech/roll trap as well. Yay for tracking verticals that deal 50% on hit.

I'm seriously struggling with the Cervantes matchup, even more than Mitsu or Alpha.

The problem in this matchup (besides that HUGE damage difference) for me is mainly aB which Leixia can only punish at closerange. It deals 40dmg by itself, and Leixia's best punish is 3B 3B+K for 41dmg. Considering the general level of his damage, it is not really something that prevents him from (ab)using it.
He can also punish 3B, 22B and 33BB with aB for 40dmg at any range and he can kill so many frame traps with aB.

Leixia on the other can punish him as well, but definitely not so scary. While Cervantes punishes her 3B with 40dmg, she punishes his with 18dmg.

Due to the constant punishment "fear", I rarely go for 33B or 3B forced blocks (for guard burst damage) because aB is just not worth it. The result is that I hardly ever get him to burst at all.

Her evades get all killed by aB and do a lot less damage if they hit.

Besides punishment and damage, I think he also exceeds her in spacing and throws.

The only "weakness" I can see is that he lacks evasive moves (e.g. moves with TC and stuff), but still... I don't really get how to play this matchup.

Back