Lethal Hits In SCVI

Frayhua

[14] Master
For those who have seen SCVI gameplay within 2 months after the game's announcement notice moves that have special rewards under various conditions like CH, Whiff Punishing, Duck Punishing, aGI, etc. It's called Lethal Hit. The rewards include: Certain CHs turn into launchers or launch higher than usually for combos, increased stun time & Armor Destruction.

If you know about Lethal Hits for characters not cover in this thread, please post in this thread.

Sophitia
CH 66A+B - Becomes a Launcher
Sophitia 66A+B Lethal Hit.gif

CH A+B - Bypass Opponent's RE
Sophitia A+B Lethal Hit.gif

AS K - Duck Punish a High Attack or use as a Whiff Punish
Sophitia AS K Lethal Hit.gif

DAS B - Duck Punish a High Attack or use as a Whiff Punish
Sophitia DNS B Lethal Hit ~ 3B ~ DNS B KND in Air Combo.gif

Mitsurugi
3B - Use on a Crouching Opponent
Mitsu 3B Lethal Hit ~ 2A+B ~ 66A+B.gif

22_88A - Use as a Whiff Punish
Mitsu 22_88A Lethal Hit ~ 4A+B-B.gif

B6 - Long stun time so 66A+B can combo
Mitsu B6 Lethal Hit.gif

1A - Becomes a Launcher
Mitsu CH 1A Lethal Hit.gif

CH WS B - 2B Followup Guarenteed For Combos
Mitsu FC 1B Lethal Hit.gif

A+B - Bypass Opponent's RE
Mitsu GB Lethal hit.gif

RE A - Win the 2nd clash after the 1st clash is draw
Mitsu RE A Lethal Hit.gif

1BA+B - Bypass Opponent's RE
Mitsu 1BA+B Lethal Hit.gif

Groh
6AA - CH 6AA on the 2nd Hit/6AA is a CH Combo
Groh 6AA Lethal Hit.gif

22_88B - Use as a Whiff Punish
Groh 22_88B Lethal Hit.gif

44A - aGIing Vertical Slashes & Vertical Kicks
Groh 44A Lethal Hit Vertical Kick.gif

Groh 44A Lethal Hit Vertical Slash.gif

44B - Bypass Opponent's RE
Groh 44B Lethal Hit.gif

44K - Use as a Whiff Punish
Groh 44K Lethal Hit.gif

RE B - Win the 2nd clash after the 1st clash is draw
Groh RE B Lethal Hit.gif

Groh RE B ~ Guard Burst ~ ID A
Groh RE B ~ Guard Burst ~ ID A Lethal Hit.gif

Nightmare
6K - Becomes a Launcher
6K Lethal Hit.gif

A+B - Revenge aGI Opponent In Soul Charge Mode
Nightmare A+B Revenge Lethal Hit Soul Charge Mode.gif

RE B - Win the 2nd clash after the 1st clash is draw
Nightmare RE B Lethal Hit.gif

WS B - CH WS B
Nightmare Soul Charge Mode WS B Lethal Hit.gif

A+B - Bypass Opponent's RE
Nightmare A+K ~ Soul Charge Mode-Terror Charge NSS 6AAA.gif

Xianghua
CH 1A - Becomes a Launcher
2A+B(Lethal Hit).gif

2A+B - aGI Opponent's Horizontals
4A+B(Lethal Hit).gif

4A+B - aGI High + Mid Horizontals & High + Mid Thrusting Verticals
Xianghua 4A+B Lethal Hit.gif

6A+B - aGI ALL Mid Verticals
6A+B.gif

6A+B2.gif

(A+B) - Bypass Opponent's GI
Xianghua GB Lethal Hit.gif

RE K - Win the 2nd clash after the 1st clash is draw
Xianghua RE K Lethal Hit.gif

SXS K - Duck Punish a High Attack or use as a Whiff Punish
Xianghua SXS K Lethal Hit.gif

Kilik
214A - aGI Vertical Slashs
214 A Lethal Hit.gif

4B - After GIing Opponent
Kilik 4B Lethal Hit.gif

236 A - aGI ALL Horizontals
Kilik Monument aGI A(Lethal Hit).gif

3B CH _ 6BB CH on 2nd Hit Only
Kilik 3B Lethal Hit.gif

Kilik 6BB (CH on 2nd Hit) Lethal Hit 2(B+K) ~ Monument B+KBK.gif

22_88(B) Series - Bypass Opponent's RE
22_88(B) (Slight Charge) Lethal Hit.gif

Kilik 22_88(B) (Max).gif

Last edited:
For those who have seen SCVI gameplay within 2 months...

u da reel mvp AGAIN

-

I'm interested to see the other characters' Lethal hits and how they effect their gameplay. Like, the new Mitsu combo with B~6, 66A+B, that is SICK looking and I use B~6 all the time just for the style points of crowning someone.

I am super hype for this damn game, but I have to restrain myself because who knows how long it'll take to come out.

Dam so Rugi has also 1BA+B for a punish against RE as if his new 1BB move wasn't good enough lol

I'm kinda excited with wiff punishes for some moves being lethal hits. VF had minor/recovery counters way back and I always wished namco fighters explored post-wiff properties in their games. That said, having been on the receiving end of repeated tas b wiff punishes is def gonna make me wanna gitgud and not push buttons so much in the upcoming months after release lol.

I must say I'm starting to love the idea of Lethal Hits. It seems very rewarding to have deep knowledge on how your character's specific moveset functions. I think this mechanic isn't aiming for newcomers to the franchise but for experts. Really digging the addition of a depth mechanic for a change.

Wow this gives a lot of freedom for balancing. Now they can more easily independently adjust the strength of a character's whiff punishing, GI followups, mids used as mixups against crouching, and block punishes.

Worth noting that in SCIV Mitsu's 22A was the only move that I know of that had special properties when it was used for a whiff punish, as it did not grant a stun on NH, side hit, or CH unless it they had whiffed. A similar property was in Virtua Fighter, the Minor/Major CH system, where major CHs were like the usual CHs but minor counter hits resulted if you hit someone while they were recovering, such as in a punish or whiff punish. Some mids in VF also caused special effects on crouching only, like SC6 Mitsu's 3B.

This also allows for more expanded effective move lists. With these special LH conditions, there's more reason to use a wider variety of moves that are used based what conditions you predict will be met.

LH is defo gonna be better than the sc5 clean hit system imo.

With clean hits it was just RNG being killed because the Asta throw or Algol FC 8B BE decided to clean hit for the third time in a row lol

I just saw it as a forgotten random critical hit mechanic that helped some characters every now and again more than others.

With LH you know if ya land it or opponent lands one on you then a move was done at a right time (unless we find some glitch lol) and not because of the RNG.

Some LHs work on Run Counter as well as Counter Hit(although I think the most consistent rule is that all LHs trigger on CH). Mitsu 1A comes to mind the most.

Lethals Hits are just like the Fatal Counters in Blazblue and some other 2D fighters. It's basically there to encourage using heavier power moves to break through quicker/safer pokes and to keep things a bit more balanced with good rewards for maintaining a balanced fighting style.

It's basically there to encourage using heavier power moves to break through quicker/safer pokes and to keep things a bit more balanced with good rewards for maintaining a balanced fighting style.
I'd hardly call Mitsurugi's B6 a "heavier power move".

Back