Let's pretend we're developing a Soul Calibur game together.

I really like the way Soul Calibur 2 was. I liked everything about cause it had so many different modes to play. Something similar to SCII with a great CaS, a new story or weapons master (This time you can pick witch character you want to play as for story mode or even use your own CaS like in SCIV...just have it be more in depth), and maybe even have some new online co-op/tag team sort of fighting mode (just an idea).

I like your idea of having a new character with claws, I'd like to see that cause it's something different from using something such as a sword or a spear.

If I could make my own character...
Name: (Not sure yet)
Weapon: He uses knuckles/his own fists (quick on his feet, fast attacks, great with combos but poor reach, slightly lower damage).
Occupation: Works at his villages local bakery when he gets the time ._.
Reasons for battling: Soul Edge is the epitome of evil and it also is responsible for his fathers death. He seeks revenge on nightmare and wants to destroy soul edge.

I really like the way Soul Calibur 2 was. I liked everything about cause it had so many different modes to play. Something similar to SCII with a great CaS, a new story or weapons master (This time you can pick witch character you want to play as for story mode or even use your own CaS like in SCIV...just have it be more in depth), and maybe even have some new online co-op/tag team sort of fighting mode (just an idea).

I like your idea of having a new character with claws, I'd like to see that cause it's something different from using something such as a sword or a spear.

If I could make my own character...
Name: (Not sure yet)
Weapon: He uses knuckles/his own fists (quick on his feet, fast attacks, great with combos but poor reach, slightly lower damage).
Occupation: Works at his villages local bakery when he gets the time ._.
Reasons for battling: Soul Edge is the epitome of evil and it also is responsible for his fathers death. He seeks revenge on nightmare and wants to destroy soul edge.

As much as I appreciate Weapon Master and Chronicles of the Swords, I would want to do something a little different.

My idea for a casual mode is something with RPG elements. The single-player and multi-player modes will have different stories, with single-player being just the tutorial mode and multi-player being the real challenge.

I would also include a class system. Picking a class will allow you to use any style, but it will determine your characters' roles in and outside of battle (yes, you can bring than one of your CaS, but only if certain conditions allow it).

An example: White Mage/Priest
Abilities: Can heal and buff allies in and outside of battle.
  • Functions:
    • Inside battle: while waiting to enter the ring, they can to heal/buff allies who are in the ring fighting as well as other allies who are not fighting yet. When fighting themselves, they can use healing magic on themselves by holding :A+B+K: and pressing one of four directions.
    • Outside battle: can heal wounded allies and boost their attack and defence.
Any more class ideas?

I would love Chronicles of the Sword to return. Seriously, I spent countless hours on that mode alone in SCIII. I would especially love it if they made an online multiplayer version for even more replayability.

Let's talk about what kind of new characters could we introduce, not just new weapon styles, but also new archetypes.

My idea new character is a tomboyish female sword and shield user (who uses Patroklos' Sword and Shield style, since he has switched to the sword style Setsuka taught him) who not unlike how Patroklos acted before his character development.

Except that she doesn't kill innocent people believing them to be malfested... or obey orders without question.

I think it would be interesting to give Patroklos a third-person perspective on how he used to act.

-Bring back the old characters with their signature styles but just to be fair for the newer fans, include the newer characters, only change their weapons. I personaly would prefer the replacements gone but let's be real, they do have their fans. I would just want them to change the story a bit. Pretend that 5's story never happened.
-New Characters
  • Egyptian Warrior (Not really sure of a weapon but yeah, I'd definitely like to see an Egyptian character)
  • Spear Weapon representative
-Deeper robust character creation. The ability to customize our characters' faces with sliders, building your own hairstyle like in Tekken 6 along with controlling hair length, definitely more clothes, and option for more stickers/pattern options.
-Bring back Guard Impacts. I know that not a lot of people used it but I was one of the people who did and it brought a very interesting aspect of defensive gameplay.

Can't really think of anything else lol

-Bring back the old characters with their signature styles but just to be fair for the newer fans, include the newer characters, only change their weapons. I personaly would prefer the replacements gone but let's be real, they do have their fans. I would just want them to change the story a bit. Pretend that 5's story never happened.
-New Characters
  • Egyptian Warrior (Not really sure of a weapon but yeah, I'd definitely like to see an Egyptian character)
  • Spear Weapon representative
-Deeper robust character creation. The ability to customize our characters' faces with sliders, building your own hairstyle like in Tekken 6 along with controlling hair length, definitely more clothes, and option for more stickers/pattern options.
-Bring back Guard Impacts. I know that not a lot of people used it but I was one of the people who did and it brought a very interesting aspect of defensive gameplay.

Can't really think of anything else lol

Some of my ideas for new characters are a brother and a sisters who resort to thievery to make a living. They seek the cursed sword to make a fortune and allow themselves to leave a life of poverty.

They wield weapons handed down from their deceased parents.

The older brother wields claws, but not just any claws. These have a hidden mechanism that allows him to extend his reach using blades attached to ropes.

The younger sister uses a sabre like weapon. Maybe use two.

I know brought up claws for a bounty hunter character, but maybe he could use a different weapon.

For some reason, I wished for Soul Calibur to change it's art style, even if it's just temporarily. I was imagining a cel-shaded Soul Calibur.

I originally wanted to use the chibi designs I saw in some of the art work, but then I started imagining Soul Calibur done in the art style of Akira Toriyama.

I think SC4's gauge meter as well as SC5's soul meter can work well together.

The way I see from SC5's soul meter is that it can utilized for offence move sets and I see SC4's gauge meter more defensive and recovery options.

I like the SC2 select screen and the versus layout. It was so much better than using cards; seesh I would've thought I was playing a Yugioh/Pokemon/Magic the Gathering game.

Okay, so the mods told me to do it here, so...here goes!

SOUL SALVATION

It would be a NEW Soul series(3-4 games), a "part 3" of the story, and the final series of Soul. First I will talk about what they should take out, and then how the first game should be. I'll be using spoiler tags to avoid taking a whole page.

Soul Salvation(I)

TAKE OUT:

Super Moves- save that for the sequels. Keep the critiacal finishes.

Constant Fanservice- There can still be some, but not to the point where it "defines" Soul Calibur. I want it to be more than just ass n' titties, or muscular Yaoi stuff(yuck). So please, COVER THEM UP!

ADD IN

Sword Clashes: Just put the one from Soul Blade, but make it more dramatic and by us constantly tapping the button.

Minor Stage Destruction: It happened in Tekken, so I want that feature to be in.

2-D animation J-Rock openings (i.e.Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Stance Punks)

EX/Unlimited versions of some characters: Just for story reasons. Like how it is in Guilty Gear and Blazblue. Won't be playable online though.

Character Roster:

RETURNING

Siegfried
Mitsurugi
*Hidekatsu *NEW* (Mitsurugi's brother. He will have the same moves as him)
Taki *semi-NEW* (with a completely new fighting style)
Hilde
Tira
Cervantes
Yun-Seong *semi-NEW* (50% of his moves would be different and has a difference stance)
Zasalamel
Ivy
Voldo
Raphael
Maxi
Kilik
Dampierre
* Dampierre *NEW* (will be further explained)

NEW:

Patroklos
*Malfested Patroklos
Pyrrha
*Malfested Pyrrha
Alpha Patroklos
*Super Patroklos
Demon Pyrrha
Z.W.E.I
Viola
Yoshimitsu II
Mecha Astaroth
Natsu (Taki's old fighting style)
Leixa
Riki (Li long's son)
Xiba
Park Ji-Seong *NEW* (90% of his move list will be young Yun-Seong's, but w/different stance)
Graf Dumas (65% of his moves are Nightmare's while the other 35% are his own)
*Nightmare Dumas (Will play like original Nightmare but more brutal and uses dark energy)

LATER DLC:
Bangoo

-Instead of the story taking place 17 years, it should take place 20 years after SCIV.
- Each of the Soul Calibur and Soul Edge shards grow to individual shapes, making both of the swords hard to disappear
-Have the story take 10-12 hours to beat
-Spend more time on cutscenes.

Missing Characters:

Original Nightmare: We all know that Siegfried killed him in the end of SCIV, so there's that

Original Astaroth: Killed by Maxi and Kilik

Algol & Edge Master: Both got killed in their final fight in SCIV

Yoshimitsu: Killed by its sword "and" Yoshimitsu II

Hwang & Seong Mina- Retired

Sophia: Killed by Graf's henchmen before the events

Cassandra: Sacrificed herself to save Sophitia in near the end of SCIV

Talim: Pregnant with Yun-seong's child

Setsuka: Unknown...but alive(will be explained in sequel)

Rock: Retired and too damn old!

Returning Charcter roles:

Siegfried: His role stays the same in SCV, though he needs more screentime.

Hilde: Same as Siegfried, but a bit of explanation of her family and why her castle got burned down

Mitsurugi: He sees a threat coming to his farm and it's Dampierre. Him and his brother fought him once and then went after Dampierre to find him and kill him. Mitsurugi later in the story gets killed by Dampierre, leaving Hidekatsu enraged!

Taki: Her role is to watch over Natsu, but when Natsu is trying to look for the "forbidden" scroll, Taki tries to stop her. She also defeated an Astaroth, as she and Natsu beat a few more. Her new fighting style would be similar to Ryu Hyabusa.

Ivy: Plays a major role as an alchemist. She seems to be a scholar and know a lot of info about swords, and tries to find Cervates, as she senses his presence.

Tira: Her role remains the same, but in the further sequels, I expect her to have a minor role and to find herself as a person.

Cervantes: He would serve as one of the tertiary antagonists in the game and the later in the sequels as an anti-hero. He's trying to find a way to mess up Ivy's work and find more info on Graf Dumas for his own interest.

Yun Seong: He would be the "Hwang" of the series. While he's teaching at a dojo, he senses danger and when he figures out it's Soul Edge, he bolted out and tries to look for the sword to destroy it this time. He would also be a soon-to-be father with Talim as his wife.

Voldo: Role stays the same.

Raphael: 20 years after Raphael's fall after a fight with Siegfried in SCIV and Amy's disappearance, Raphael remains in his castle relaxing and drinking water and blood red wine all day, until one day he's had enough and tries to reunite with Amy. While he is in the forest, he sees couple of Astaroths and destroyed them, then came to a castle, that belong to Graf. He only wanted to speak to Graf..only to get beaten up and then later got told that Graf is Raphel's lost older brother.

Zasalamel: He would play Edge Master's part of the story.

Maxi: The captain of the youngsters, then later in the story he gets killed by a mecha Astaroth, leaving Riki to serve as his place.

Kilik: Doesn't play much of a role, but he is Edge Master's spiritual successor

Dampierre Le Bello: He is the one responsible for arranging Graf's men to kill Sophitia, tricked Pyrrha to participate in wars, tricked Patroklos to work for the Graf, and separated Patroklos and Pyrrha with a little help from Tira. Beginning of the story he stopped by Misurugi's and Hidekatsu's farm land to air pollute it, revealing that he has magic and pulse powers. Later in the story, after he fought Z.W.EI, he drops his comical attitude to reveal his true cold and deranged persona, and revealed that he is the he right-wing man of Graf Dumas and when Mitsrugi and Hidekatsu found him, Dampierre kills Mitsrugi and blows Hidekatsu 2000 miles away to an unknown dojo. While Dampierre will have his comical movelist, he will also have a drastically different, assassin-like, and sadistic move list that involves dark magic and pulse shockwaves. Because of his actions, he serves as the secondary antagonist of the game series.

Patroklos: He can still be the main protagonist of the series and 87% of his role can stay, but there are a few changes I would like to make. One, don't make him look ignorant about killing innocent people, he can still act like that, but instead of continuously doing it, he should realizeon his own that the people that he killed aren't malfested and confronted Graf about it. Two is him having a crybaby attitude, that's for Pyrrha, what he needs is a heroic but cocky personality, very similar to Cassandra. And during his second fight with ZWEI and last fight with his shield, he turns malfested and remains that way until ZWEI and Siegfried knocked him out cold.

A. Patroklos: Most of his role stays the same, but with one thing added and that's him fighting the final boss in his "Super" form.

Pyrrha & Demon Pyrrha: Both of their roles stay the same, but instead, Demon Pyrrha becomes the final boss of the story and the claw hand Pyrrha has will stay for a while.

Viola: More about what happened to her during the pre-SCV events. She would also appear as a major antagonist to Patroklos in the beginning of the story until Patroklos wakes up.

ZWEI: Brief backstory about him, more screentime, and then his role is golden. Like Viola, ZWEi would also appear a major antagonist to Patroklos until Patroklos finds out the Graf's true motives. Him and Viola would be considered the Androids 17&18 of the series becuz of their teamwork and subtle attitude towards each other. ZWEI would be carefree like 17 while Viola would be serious like 18.

Mecha Astaroth: Is a series of robots created by Astaroth's creator, who would play a bigger role in the later games. M. Astaroths serves as tertiary antagonists of the series.

Yoshimitsu II: A mysterious anti-hero who has came to look for Dampierre to avenge his clan and his former master. When the original Yoshimitsu fought Dampierre in SCIV, Dampierre used a spell to curse Yoshimitsu and his sword. The second Yoshimitsu arrived late and found out that he had no choice but to put his former master out of his misery. The second could never forget that day and that's what strikes him to look for the snake! While the original Yoshimitsu has many comedic efts, the second one is more serious and has a dark serious moveset, while having some of the original's moves.

Riki, Xiba, and Leixia: The new "Kilik, Xianghua, and Maxi" of the series. Their roles of the story are almost the same as Patroklos and it's to have revenge on Astaroth's creater, destroy Graf, and to find information of their weapons and shatter the Soul shards Maxi told them about. They met Patroklos(Alpha), fought him and then they all lost, but gained respect for him Then Ivy came in and took them along with her and finally, they joined in the war to find Graf, only to be blown away from one of Dampierre's pulse cannons.

Natsu: A "lone wolf" though occasionally hangs out with Riki, Xiba, Leixa, and Maxi. She shares an intense(but sometimes friendly) rivalry with Hidekatsu, just because she lost an important gamble game with him. Her role in the story would have her try to find the "forbidden scroll" to destroy Graf, bu Taki stopped her and forced her that there is another way. She later joins in the war with the three she hangs out with, but Tira gets in her way and their fight ends in a draw, leaving both of them being alive, and Natsu realizing how strong she is.

Hidekatsu: Mitsurugi's brother. Him and Mitsurugi ran after Dampierre, and when they finally caught up , Hidekatsu watched his brother die, becomes enraged, gave Dampierre everything he had, and then got blown away from Daerre's shockwave leaving him crashed unconcsious into an unknown dojo. At the near end of the game, it has revealed that Hidekatsu is training inside the dojo, swearing revenge on both Dampiere and Graf Dumas.

Park Ji-Seong: The "Yun-seong" of the series. He is basically who Yun-Seong was when he was his age, but a bit more wild and flippant. Surprisingly, he was one of the few who caught up to Graf, but was beaten and then ended up being saved by Yun-Seong, who also lost against Graf and then retreat to join in the war to fight their way to their dojo to tell the students everything and then come up with a plan.

Graf Dumas: The primary antagonist of the game series. He is also an ex lover of Sophitia. They broken up because they both cheated on each other, wih Sophitia first finding out that Graf had a threesome with two women and then five months later, Graf finding out Sophitia cheated on him with Rothion. That's what led him to hold a long time grudge on Rothin, Sophitia, and the rest of her family. During the SC series, Sohitia succeeded in trying to hide from Graf until SCIV when she was exposed to a conflict with Soul Edge, leaving Graf the chance to kill her and Rothion. And now after he sent his men to kill them, he still feels empty and seeks world domination, finding both Soul Calibur and Soul Edge and become a infinite god and change this orld to a communistic slavery utopia. He plays similar to Nightmare, but with unique moves and powers and in his Nightmare form, he plays exactly as Nightmare, but uses supernatural powers and negative energy. He also bares a similar resemblance to Rugal of King of Fighters

Last edited:
...I see SC4's gauge meter more defensive and recovery options.
To elaborate on that, when the opponent is hitting you or you block a move that leaves you at negative frames, is when soul gauge comes into play.

With its recovery system you can use to quickly recover and must step away from continuous pokes, but if you step the wrong way or the opponent guesses correctly, you pay the price along with your soul gauge.

So what are your thoughts? should soul gauge be reintroduced in that fashion? do you agree with the recovery option only to be available when you're being frame trapped by blocking or being hit? Do you think soul gauge should be used in more scenarios?

My ideas for how a Soul Calibur game could play...

The Core Gameplay:
It would be mix between old and new Calibur.
  • Soul Charge would return. Instead of giving you a temporary attack boost like it did in the older games, it is used to fill meter. It can be used to pressure slacking opponents and keep the pace of the fight going.
  • Meter would return for Guard Impact, Critical Edges, and Brave Edges.
  • Guard Impact will burn meter like in SCV, but it covers all areas and stuns your opponent long enough use a follow-up attack. Guard Impacts could even be used to escape mid-combo provided you had enough meter and timed it right.
  • Critical Edges will return. This time, however, you will have more than one to pick from.
  • Just Guards stay.
Special Versus:
I would bring back the special weapons from SC2&3. Some people wish for Project Soul to enable players to create their own fighting style with their pool of moves. Some people want to veto this idea on the ground that this would create overpowered styles that are impossible to practice against.

I've decided to come to a compromise between both sides...
While you cannot create your own fighting styles, you can not only pick from the pre-made weapons, but also create weapons for your characters with special effects to better suit their play-style. However, power comes at a price. For every advantage you assign your weapon, you have to assign a disadvantage to balance it out.

However, you cannot use these weapon in ranked matches. You can use them for them for player matches, but only if the room's host allow it.

Tag-Team:
Tag-team would feature up to three characters for each player. It'll also allow players to do a tag GI, performing a GI while switching character at the same time.

There will also be a handicap mechanic in place depending how many characters you pick.
  • If you pick three characters, all of them will have normal health.
  • If you pick two characters, both of them will have 1.5x the normal health.
  • If you pick just one character, he/she will have triple health.

If there is anything you disagree with, just give explanation as to why and I may see things your way.
If there are questions you want to ask, feel free to speak.

Here is my take on the next Soul Calibur.

It's mostly for those who want a little bit more single player content.
There might not be so much for online/multiplayer people but there is something :)

Everything is in the spoiler:

soul_calibur_logo_1_a_jpg-jpg.144122

Soul Calibur 6

Game Modes:

Arcade
Adventure
VS Battle
Training
Creation
Extra
Options

GENERAL CONTENT:

Stages:

-Grassfield
-Lavacave/Hell
-Cold ice/Mountain
-Floating platform on water
-Ship at day
-Ship at night
-Jungle/swamp
-Cave
-Desert
-Tower inside
-Tower top (outside, no walls)
-Prison/torture chamber
-Dungeon
-Forest/mountain
-Europeian Mansion
-Asian Mansion
-Europeian City
-Asian City
-Europeian Castle outside
-Europeian Castle inside
-Asian Castle outside
-Asian Castle inside
-Burning Street
-Battlefield (infinite)
-Wasteland (infinite)
-Colusseum
-Heaven/lost cathedral

Characters:

-Siegfried (2h Sword, knight style)
-Nightmare (2h Sword, berserker style)
-Taki/Natsu (Ninja Swords, Dual Tanto)
-Mitsurugi (Samurai, Katana)
-Sophitia (Sword & Shield)
-Cassandra/Pyrrha (Sword & shield)
-Viola (Magician, magic ball)
-Z.W.E.I (Sword & Minion)
-Asteroth/Rock (2h Axe/Hammer)
-Maxi (Nunchucks)
-Raphael/Amy (Fencing Sword)
-Setsuka/Patroklos (Laido Sword)
-Tira (Ringblade)
-Ivy (Snake sword)
-Xianghua/Leixia (Chinese sword)
-Hwang (Scimitar)
-Cervantes (Gun & Sword (can have dual katana (shura style)
-Voldo (Tri-bladed katars)
-Talim (Dual Tonfa Blades)
-Kilik/Xiba (2h Polearms)
-Seong Mi-na (2h Spear)
-Hilde (Polearm & Sword)
-Aeon (Dual wield brutal axe/sword/hammer (has firebreath and flying be/ce)
-Yoshimitsu (Dual Katana (dual katana/banner style)
-Dampierre (Hidden Daggers(con artist style)
-Zasalamel (2h Scythe)
-Master Edge (All weapons/styles)
-Algol (god character)

New Characters:

-Ramin (Inventor, Firearms & Gadgets, from Iraq, good/male)
-Akando (Hunter, Daggers & Bow, from the wastelands of America, neutral/male)
-Maita (Unarmed Inca Warrior, Wrestling/Boxing, slow & heavy, from Peru, good/male)
-Yuda (Unarmed Tyrant King, Karate/Mishima style, fast & light, from Indonesia, evil/male)
-Izel (Aztek Priest, Staff & Sword, 2 stances: with both weapons & only staff, from Mexico, evil/female)
-Adanna (Tribal Solider, Tower Shield and Spear, from Congo, neutral/female)

Difficulty modes:

-Easy
-Normal
-Hard
-Extreme

Rounds: (for 1vs1)
-Best of 1 round
-Best of 2 rounds
-Best of 3 rounds
-Best of 4 rounds
-Best of 5 rounds

Timer:

-Infinite

Brave Edge(be) & Critical(ce) Edge:

-Can have 4 Brave Edge/Critical Edge at the same time (one for each direction button).
-Regular characters (Siegfried, Ivy, Nightmare e.t.c,) have their own Brave Edges(3) and Critical Edges(1)(but they can be changed out with custom Brave Edges & Critical Edges if desired).
-The elements give all your weapon attacks a element visual effect (fire enchantment gives a fiery weapon that gives of blaze of fire while being swung).
-Any elemental debuff last 5 seconds.
-Can only have 1 self-buff at the time (any self-buff last at least 10 seconds except Berserker Rage wich last at least 5 seconds).
-Can only have 1 enchantment on our weapon, but you can inflict as many debuffs as possible (unless opponent is using light cloak) any enchantment last 30 seconds).
-Most Custom Brave Edges & Criticals Edges can be enchanted with elemental buffs (except elemental cloak (self buff)and aid).
-Self buff be & ce (flame cloak, ice cloak, berserker rage, e.t.c) can last for the rest of the match, as long as you are not damaged (this promotes aggresiveness from the opponent).

Custom Brave Edge(be) & Critical(ce) Edge:

-Flintlock Rifle (ce) (high range, high damage, knockback)
-Flintlock Pistol (be) (short range, high damage, knockback)
-Flintlock Pistol (akimbo style (be) (medium range, medium damage, knockback)
-Dagger Trow (be) (high range, low damage,)

-Crossbow (ce) (high range, high damage)
-Bow (be) (medium range, medium damage)
-Bola Trow (be) (medium range, low damage, movement stun)
-Shuriken Trow (be) (high range, very low damage, sends out 3 rapid shuriken at the same time)

-Javelin Trow (ce) (high range, high damage, knockback)
-Axe Trow (be) (medium range, medium damage)
-Hammer Trow (be) (medium range, medium damage, knockback)
-Bomerang Trow (be) (medium range, low damage, has 2 chanses too hit, knockback)

(all summons kinda work like SCV Viola's CE, only they follow the enemy)
-Bear Summon (ce) (big damage, low amount of hits)
-Tiger Summon (ce) (medium damage, medium amount of hits)
-Wolf Summon (ce) (low damage, high amount of hits
-Hawk Summon (be) (low damage, medium amount of hits)

-Berserker Rage (ce) (high damage & defense bonus for a short time)
-Trow (ce) (grab, high damage, knockback)
-Bite (ce) (grab, low damage/restore some health to player)
-Leap (be) (Medium damage, forward jumps, knockback on hit or being near at the end of the leap)

-Bomb/Grenade (ce) (high damage(AOE), low range, knockback)
-Grapplehook (be) (low damage, medium range, drags opponent close too you)
-Spring Trap (be) (low damage, movement stun, trap deployment last 10 seconds)
-Aid (be) (restore some player health)

-Fire Ultimate (ce) (high damage, lower enemy defense % for some seconds)
-Fire Missile (be) (medium damage, lower enemy defense % for some seconds)
-Fire Cloak (ce) (increase player attack% for a time)
-Fire Enchantment (be) (have enchantment for a time, lower enemy defense%)

-Ice Ultimate (ce) (high damage, lower enemy damage %, enemy not able to use quick step, and jump for some seconds)
-Ice Missile (be) (medium damage, lower enemy damage %, enemy not able to use quick step, and jump for some seconds)
-Ice Cloak (ce) (increase player armor% and restore shield unbreakable for a time)
-Ice Enchantment (be) (have enchantment for a time, lower enemy damage %, enemy not able to use quick step, and jump)

-Shock Ultimate (ce) (high damage, lower enemy meter gain % for some seconds)
-Shock Missile (be) (medium damage, lower enemy meter gain % for some seconds)
-Shock Cloak (ce) (increase player meter gain by a degree for a time)
-Shock Enchantment (be) (have enchantment for a time, lower enemy meter %)

-Earth Ultimate (ce) (high damage, lower enemy health over time (poison)
-Earth Missile (be) (medium damage, lower enemy health over time (poison)
-Earth Cloak (ce) (restore player health over time (regen) for a time)
-Earth Enchantment (be) (have enchantment for a time, lower enemy health over time (poison)

-Light Ultimate (ce) (high damage, enemy not able to use meter, lower enemy shield unbreakable over time for some seconds)
-Light Missile (be) (medium damage, enemy not able to use meter, lower enemy shield unbreakable over time for some seconds)
-Light Cloak (ce) (restore player health % and immune to debuff for a time)
-Light Enchantment (be) (have enchantment for a time, enemy not able to use meter, lower enemy shield unbreakable over time)

-Dark Ultimate (ce) (high damage, restore player health % (healthsteal) for some seconds)
-Dark Missile (be) (medium damage, restore player health % (healthsteal) for some seconds)
-Dark Cloak (ce) (player becomes invisible for a time (cansel invisibility by damaging or getting damaged)
-Dark Enchantment (be) (have enchantment for a time, restore player health % (healthsteal)

Tag battle:

-You choose charracters from you "deck" with right analog stick and pick with R3 button.
-Characters who are wounded in the "deck" heal very slow.

Coop:
It is possible to play 2 players on the same team in adventure mode, by setting up control for the characters in the "deck" before you start the stage in the world map.

ARCADE:

-Finish 5 random stages/random opponents and 1 final stage/rival with any character you like.
-Has timer and scoreboards.
-Best of 2 rounds.
-Has difficulty modes

ADVENTURE:

-You can get armor, weapons, stickers, titles, effects, brave edges, critical edges, gold, potions and relics by fighting in adventure mode

-Could also have Story stages, like the story setup in Soul Calibur V...?

sc6adventuremap-jpg.144319

-When you first start in Adventure mode, you choose in wich continent you want too have your main base (europe, asia, africa e.t.c)
-There are several interactions you can do with the main base, like sparring, shopping, structure upgrading and maintaining your characters.

-You can upgrade your main base in several ways:

-Chambers (10 upgrades, upgrades the capasity of characters you can have in adventure mode (first upgrade is free(each upgrade make 10 character slots, max 100?)
-Castle Defenses (10 upgrades, upgrades for helping against Invasions, like guards and castle defenses (each upgrades makes invaders start with reduced % health points in battle, max 50% reduced health)
-Exploration Library (10 upgrades, each upgrade improves the land & sea movement on world map (max 100% increase land and sea movement)
-Battle Academy (10 upgrades, each upgrade gives character more experience in battle (max +100% experience bonus)
-Building Quarters (10 upgrades, each upgrade decreases upgrade cost, main base moving and small base making cost (max 50% reduced cost)
-Production Guild (10 upgrades, each upgrades increases profit from all bases you own (max +100% increase)
-Trade Market (10 upgrades, each upgrade decreases buying price and improving selling prices (max +50% trade rate)
-Medical Clinic (10 upgrades, each upgrade improves your chanses at survival (max +50% hp refill after each battle)
-Meditation Center (10 upgrades, each upgrade fills more of your power meter at battle start (max 50% filled power meter)
-Thief Hangout (10 upgrades, each upgrade improves gold loot/reward (max 50% gold increase)

-First upgrade cost 10000 gold, every upgrade cost 10000 more, making the last upgrade cost 100000 gold (can be reduced with building quarters upgrade).

-Can buy priced armor pieces/weapons/potions/relics/brave edges/critical edges/stickers/effects at the shop (better prices for trading if you buy Trade Market upgrades).
-You can get every armor piece/ weapon/brave edges/critical edges/stikcers/effects without buying any of it, but then you have too either, clear every adventure stage or play ALOT of Online vs players.
-Can sell potions and relics.
-Every base produce 2500 gold after each 50 enemy opponent defeated (max 5000 gold if production guild upgrade is maxed, max 50000 if every character has The Eqonomist Perk).
-As the game goes on and new stages appear far from you start loaction, you can travel and expand with new bases (small ones, can only have 1 main base).
-Small bases cost 10000 gold to make).
-Small bases can only upgrade their defenses, but the defenses can be maxed out (10 upgrades)
-Small bases can also be razed to nothing, if the defending characters loses.
-Can locate the main base too a another place in the world, but that cost alot of gold (100000 gold?).
-Can make small bases all over the world (20 prelocated places).

-Travel

-You can travel outside base for free, but if you want to travel a longer amount, you have to pay for travel cost
-Small trip is a small distance on the map, cost nothing.
-Medium Trip is a medium distance on the world map, cost 1000 gold.
-Long Trip is a long distance on the world map, cost 10000 gold

-If your party should still be in the world map when the travel resources is used up, then the party get home to the closest base automaticly, but you get penalty for that (party members will lose random amount of relics and potions).
-Travling on foot or with boat takes just as long time.
-If your party lose at a stage, the party will lose nothing (except on Guild Contest and Invasion stages), but your party can't start any stage (unless you have at least one Medical Labratorium upgrade or one charcter with health setpiece(+25% health).
You get full health by getting your party back at any base.

World stage setups:

-There are normally infinite time in adventure stages, except for some special stages.
-You have to clear 5 stages of the same type (you can clear the same stage for 5 times), before you get access to different kinds of stages.

In order:
-Sparring stage is open at the very start at the main base.
-5 cleared Random Encounter stages opens all Random group encounter stages.
-5 cleared Group Encounter stages opens all Collusseum stages.
-5 cleared Colusseum stages opens all Quest and Guild Contest stages.
-5 cleared Quest stages opens all Conquest stages.
-5 cleared Conquest stages opens all Army Challenge, Base Invasion and Home Base Invasion stages.
-5 cleared Army Challenge stages opens all Legion Encounter, Boss Challenge, and Conquest Challenge stages.

-World stages

-Sparring (1-5 npc/player vs 1-5 npc/player) Testing/training stage, No reward.

-Random Encounter (1 vs 1) Normal gold reward 1000 gold and 1000 experience.

-Group Encounter (1-5 vs 5 + 1 boss) Normal gold reward 3000 gold and 3000 experience.

-Colusseum (1 vs 10 random) Normal gold reward 5000 gold and 5000 experience.

-Conquest (1-5 vs army + 1 boss)(sc3 chronicles of the sword setup) Normal gold reward 5000 gold and 5000 experience.

-Army Challenge (1-5 vs 15 + 3 boss) Normal gold reward 7500 gold and 7500 experience

-Legion Encounter(survival mode) (1-5 vs unlimited (5 + 1 boss over and over again, get's harder and harder with better and better rewards (more gold and experience) if you lose in battle you lose all reward, you can quit after any boss fight with getting the rewards you have won (there are 6 Legion Encounter stages, each representing it's elemental).

-Quest (1 from 5 vs random (depends on mission) random stages with different objectives, (only stage that can have timer) gold and experience reward are random from stage to stage.

-Boss Challenge (1-5 vs 1-5 buffed boss) Normal gold reward 2500-12500 gold and 2500-12500 experience.

-Conquest Challenge (1-5 vs buffed army + 1-5 buffed boss)(sc3 chronicles of the sword setup) Normal gold reward 12500-22500 gold and 12500-22500 experience.

-Online stage

-Guild Contest (1-5 vs 1-5 enemy online players) Can play with or without betting gold, lose gold or get dobbel amount of gold, Guild Contest can only be acessed from the main base (max bet: 10000 gold, when farther in the game, max 100000 gold).

-Invasion stage

-If 1 off your bases is invaded, there is 25% chanse for main base being attacked and 75% chanse for on of the small bases being attacked.
-The invasion are of the characters from the closest army challenge stage.
-The bigger amount of gold you have, the stronger the invasion force will be (more attack and defensive stats).

-Base Invasion (everyone in the defending base vs 15 + 3 boss) If you lose, then the base is going to be razed and the losing party members will lose their relics and potions. Normal gold reward 7500 gold and 7500 experience.

-Home Base Invasion (everyone in the defending base vs 15 + 3 boss) If you lose, then the base is going to lose 60-40 random building upgrades (bedchambers are not touched), 50% of all your gold, all potions and relics. Normal gold reward 7500 gold and 7500 experience.

-Each stage type gives different amount of gold if you win (random enconter gives little profit, but takes short time, while conquest gives big profit, but takes long time).

-Each stage has several difficulty modes
-Easy = 0.5x reward in gold and experience.
-Normal = 1x reward in gold and experience.
-Hard = 1,5x reward in gold and experience.
-Extreme = 2x reward in gold and experience.

-The first time you clear a stage you get money AND armor pieces/brave edges/critical edges/relics e.t.c
-After the first time you clear a stage, reward will always be gold.

-You can pick difficulty mode on almost every stage except these stages:
-Legion Encounter Stage (difficulty rises for each group defeated within the stage).
-Quest Stage (Fixed difficulty setting)
-Guild Contest Stage (always vs players).

Level up:

-Characters can level up in adventure mode .
-There is no max level cap, but after lvl.100 each attribute reward is 0.1 instead of 1.0.
-Each level needs 1000 experience for next level.
-For each level up characters can choose their own atrribute to level up:

-1 Health atrribute = +1% health regen
-1 Power atrribute = +1% power meter gain
-1 Damage atrribute = +1% attack
-1 Defense atrribute = +1% defense

-Perks:

-Every 10 levels earns a character a perk (Max 10 perks).
-There are 3 tiers of perks:
-Start Perk (S)
-Medium Perk (M)
-End Perk (E)

-You have to choose a Start Perk, before you can choose a Medium Perk and a Medium perk too choose a End Perk.

-Damage Line:

-Furious Rage Perk (E): +25 Damage when under 20% health for 10 seconds (1 time use).
-Strategist Perk (M): +20% Damage when opponent is stunned or is laying down.
-Counter Perk (S): +10% Damage for first attack after any kind of sucessfull guarding.
-Savagery Perk (M): +20% Critical hit damage.
-Deadly Aim Perk (S) : +10% critical hit chanse.

Power Line:

-Hyper Star Perk (E): +25 power when under 20% health for 10 seconds (1 time use).
-Archon Perk (M): +10 second buff to selfbuff.
-Enchanter Perk (S): +5 second debuff.
-Negator Perk (M): +10% chanse for using only half of required power meter.
-Prodigy Perk (S): Power Meter regenerates slowly.

Defense Line:

-Stand Your Ground Perk (E): +25 defense when under 20% health for 10 seconds (1 time use).
-Juggernaut Perk (M): +20% absorbed damage.
-Survivor Perk (S): +10% absorbed damage chanse.
-Sturdy Perk: Block (M): +20% more guarding (better guarding).
-Defender Perk (S): Block meter regenerates slowly.

Health Line:

-Heavenly Aid Perk (E): +25 health(regen) when under 20% health for 10 seconds (1 time use).
-Last Stand Perk (M): +20% Health after deathstrike (1 time use).
-Balance Perk (S): +10% Health after being stunned or knocked off ground.
-Surging Perk (M): +10% Instant health (+20% health recover for each instant health).
-Impulse Perk (S): 10% Instant health chanse (+10% health recover(get health when damaged).

Economy Line:

-Economist Perk (E): Get +10% gold from base production (global).
-Navigator Perk (M): +20% sea movement (group).
-Logistics Perk (S): +20% land movement (group).
-Golden Touch Perk (M): +10% gold reward (group).
-Mentor Perk (S): +10% experience reward (group).

Armor:

-Different armor piece gives different bonus:
-No piece = +5% health regen
-Cloth piece = +5% power meter gain
-Leather = +5% attack
-Metal = +5% defense

-Several armor pieces of the same type gives set bonus:
-6 no piece: +25% health regained at battle start
-6 metal: +10% absorbed damage chanse (+50% absorbed damage)
-6 leather: +10% critical hit strike chanse (+50% more damage)
-6 cloth: +25% power meter at battle start.

Relics:

-Relics add different bonus such as attributes and abilities.
-Some of the relics have abilities (more exp/gold after battle victory, critical hit chanse e.t.c).
-Each character can use max 3 relics at the same time.
-2 of the same ability can not be on the same relic, but all relics stack.

-Common Relic gives small atrribute bonus, cost 1000 gold
-Rare Relic gives medium atrribute bonus or ability, cost 10000 gold
-Epic Relic gives high atrribute bonus or small atrribute bonus and ability, cost 100000 gold
-Legendary Relic gives huge atrribute bonus/medium attribute bonus and ability or 2 abilities, cost 1000000 gold

-Relic abilities

- +10% Damage when opponent is stunned or is laying down.
- +10% Damage for first attack after any kind of sucessfull guarding.
- +5% Critical hit chanse
- +5% Group health restoring (faster health restoring while not fighting(in "deck").
- +5% Group power restoring (faster power meter restoring while not fighting(in "deck").
- +10% Blocking absorb (better shield)
- +5% Absorbed damage chanse
- +5% Chanse for using only half of required power meter.
- +10% Sea movement (group)
- +10% Land movement (group)
- +10% Gold reward (group)
- +10% Experience reward (group)

Potions:

-Can be used 1 time per character in battle, are used with L3 button.
-Each character can only hold 1 potion at a battle (can only equip them potions right before stage start).
-All potion effects last for 30 seconds (except Health/Energy potion/elexir).

-Damage Potion gives small damage bonus (+10% more damage), cost 1000 gold.
-Defense Potion gives small defense bonus (+10% more defense), cost 1000 gold.
-Power Potion gives small power bonus (+10% more power), cost 1000 gold.
-Regen Potion gives small regen bonus (+35% health recover), cost 1000 gold.
-Energy Potion gives +25% power meter recover, cost 1000 gold.
-Health Potion gives +25% health recover, cost 1000 gold.

-Super Damage Potion gives medium damage bonus (+25% more damage), cost 10000 gold.
-Super Defense Potion gives medium defense bonus (+25% more defense), cost 10000 gold.
-Super Power Potion gives medium power bonus (+25% more power), cost 10000 gold.
-Super Regen Potion gives medium regen bonus (+75% health recover), cost 10000 gold.
-Super Health Potion gives +50% health recover, cost 10000 gold.
-Super Energy Potion gives +50% power meter recover, cost 10000 gold.

-Damage Elexir gives high damage bonus (+50% more damage), cost 100000 gold
-Defense Elexir gives high defense bonus (+50% more defense), cost 100000 gold
-Power Elexir gives high power bonus (+50% more power), cost 100000 gold
-Regen Elexir gives high regen bonus (+150% health recover), cost 100000 gold
-Health Elexir gives +100% health recover, cost 100000 gold
-Energy Elexir gives +100% power meter recover, cost 100000 gold

VS BATTLE:

-Fight normal 1 character VS 1 character or tag 2-5 characters VS 2-5 characters
-Player VS Player
-Player VS NPC
-NPC VS NPC

ONLINE:

-Fight normal 1 character VS 1 character or tag 2-5 characters VS 2-5 characters
-Player VS Player
-There will always be a countdown on online.
-You can get armor, weapons, stickers, effects, titles, brave edges and critical edges by playing online.

TRAINING:

-Normal Training (just like in Soul Calibur V) and tutorial for newcommers of the Soul Calibur series..
-Tutorial is going to be like Soul Calibur 2 weapon master mode with Edge Master as "teacher".
-The mode will be much smaller then the SC2 version.
-There will be stages for each kind of tutorial, compliting basic turtorial will open up advanced turtorial.

Basic Tutorial:

Introduction on UI Elements:

-Health Meter.
-Super Meter.
-Guard Meter.
-Timer.
-Buff/Debuff Icon.

Basic gameplay:

-Position.
-8wayrunning.
-Quickstepping.

-Horizontal.
-Vertical.
-Kick.
-Throws.

-Guarding.
-Guard Impacting.
-Just Guarding.

-Unblockable Attack.
-Guard Crushing.
-Brave Edges.
-Critical Edges.

Advanced Tutorial:

-How to read Frame Data.
-Hitboxes, Hurtboxes and Controlling Space.
-Throw Teching.
-Priority.
-Punishment.
-Counter Hits.
-Priority.
-Damage Scaling
-Just inputs

CREATION:

-You can alter the regular characters or make your own custom character and give them, different personality, armor, abilities and more.
-Smaller fighters can move around faster, while taller fighters have longer reach.
-Need silent voice on custom characters (tekken sergei dragunov "voice").
-Need at least 5-6 personality trait (how you enter a fight/win a fight/taunt).
-Need more specialized equpment slots (at least 5 compared too the 3 n SCV).
-Need more Specialized equipment in general (Shield, tower shield, swords, more objects).

EXTRA:

Concept art, poster, pictures and more.

OPTIONS:

-Control settings.
-Display Settings.
-Sound Settings.
-Stage Music Settings (can change music on all stages, INCLUDING Character Creation Menu).
-Reset Adventure data.
-Reset (Reset ALL data).
-Software Notice.

Thanks for reading, if you can come up with something new or something that might help, feel free to comment :)

NOT FINISHED/WIP

Last edited:
I'll admit it. What the first three games did right is that they released arcade versions first, giving them more time to tweak the balance and add content for the home console version.

I've been a fan of soul caliber since the SCI and have played every game since (I even went back and played Soul Edge). I was really excited when SCV was announced because I felt that SCIV died before it's time since the netcode was atrocious (at least in my area). I felt that SCIV had a lot of good ideas and good balance between content for offline and online players as well as casual and hardcore players.

Most notably, there were challenges with rewards offline, the story mode wasn't barebones (I know SCV was rushed, but still), and the special mode would've given the game some longevity online if the netcode worked better. I'm not saying the special mode was particularly fair or balanced, but there was still a standard battle alternative if people didn't want to go for it; not to mention the special mode provided depth rather than just aesthetics. I know SCIV sometimes stands out as a black sheep, but it had good ideas and I'd want to see some of those return for the next title with the innovations of SCV.

Inclusions (on top of what is already in SCV)
- Reinstate stats for the customizations and special mode as it would add it longevity for the game. I feel that the game needs to provide different ways for people to play it in order to hold the casual gamer's interest. Originally I didn't want to list this for online mode if it meant it would screw with their netcode in anyway, but at this point I think they have a lot more experience with programing netcode and could do a better job of implementing this.

- Bring back the challenges for single player: The same reasons for bringing back what I mentioned above applies here. Anybody that doesn't like it can still opt of playing it as was completely optional last time and there wasn't anything particularly notable to gain from it that couldn't be found elsewhere later.

- A Guard Meter: I think this should have been implemented since SCIV for obvious reasons that impact the gameplay. It would also make the game much more entertaining to watch as the casual and veteran players alike can anticipate when a players guard is going to break. I've always felt that the series struggled in this aspect as it is fun to play and not as fun to watch. This would help in that aspect.

- Add a 3rd meter to the meter bar: One complaint I've heard a lot of is that GI's cost meter in SCV. I believe that the inclusion of a third meter could take away the sting of that a bit as well as make for more clutch moments or comebacks in the game, which would make it more interesting to watch as well as add a little bit more depth for veteran players.

- Add more interesting ways to interact with meter: For instance, add in types of attacks (i.e. green fire or red lightning) that don't deal damage to the opponent's health bar, but instead damages their meter or takes even more off guard meter (which can be gauged with an actual gauge) than the regular lightning attacks. This would add much more depth for veteran players by giving them more ways to attack and/or choose which attacks they can afford to challenge.

- Add more variety to Guard Impacting and Just Guarding: I know risk and reward nature of these two mechanics, but I've always felt that there should be another dimension to it, similar to how Guard Impacting using forward and back yielded different results in positioning in prior games. Perhaps Guard Impacting could cause an opponent to lose a little meter (as opposed to only you even when you're successful) and Just Guarding gains a little meter.

- Add more variety to 8way running and quickstepping: I feel that quickstepping has rendered 8way running a bit redundant and at times useless in regards to dodging. Perhaps restore 8 way running to what it was in SCII or SCIV and make quickstepping more advantageous. Perhaps give players the option of using quickstepping to move closer to or further from an opponent when dodging. Or even have quickstepping while rising.

- Keep the styles and movesets, but introduce an entirely new cast of characters and have the old cast return as skins a la guest characters or skins in SCIV: The two weapons that the stories are based around have surely been around longer than the characters themselves so it stands to reason that we can have a new cast and new storyline. The older characters returning as extras or complete skins feel like it should be easy enough for them to do, since they can reuse assets. It might look weird in some cases (Kilik doing some of Xiba's moves), but it's still better than three Edgemasters.

- Reinstate and revamp soul charging: I would like there to be a way to finish or cancel a combo to achieve a soul charge (perhaps delayed attacks) rather than slowly charging up. It would add more depth to attacks as well as increase the use of soul charging. As for the ability itself I would like it to do more than just boost a single attack. I'd rather it be used to increase meter and/or increase the timing window for Just Frame Attacks and Just Guard. Or it could add certain attributes to characters for a limited amount of time or number of moves; i.e. give lifegain to certain characters such as Kilik or Talim for 3-4 seconds (in-game) or have thier next combo gain back a small portion/percentage of life of the damage dealt.

- Give us the option to use meter to perform attacks that would normally require Just Frames or add stun to our attacks: This would make it easier for casual players to pick up as well as give veteran players another option for meter if they choose to.

- Show us the percentage of damage each attack or combo does: Some might be quick to say this is taking things from other franchises and takes away the distinctiveness of Soul Caliber. While this may be something that has been implemented in other franchises first, it is in no way a bad idea and it would only add to the appeal of Soul Caliber from a observer standpoint. I believe the game would be more interesting to watch for the casual player if they could see and numerically quantify just how much damage was being done. It would also provide more information for players to improve their game. i.e. a new player can gauge which combos work best in actual matches rather than just in training mode.

Omissions
- Remove the ability to mutilate an opponent after you win: Mutilating an opponent after a win is not only poor sportsmanship, but also deters new players from playing your game. This could be replaced with the option to choose which win pose a character will have. Some of these could even involve mutilating an opponent off screen similar to some characters in Injustice; it can be just a brutal, but won't offend people nearly as much.

- Take out the ability to taunt: For the same reasons mutilating an opponent after a match should go, so should taunting. I don't feel like it adds any depth to the gameplay at all, it only deters new players which hurts Soul Caliber as a franchise. I also feel that the command for it could be put to better use such as for "canceling moves," back dashing, or even for brave edges as I can imagine hitting two buttons to ex an attack would be easier than three for new players, especially if they are on pad instead of an arcade stick.

- Remove GI attacks: Landing one is usually not worth the risk and occasionally slows down the gameplay. I think these attacks would better suited to activating a soul charge upon hitting.

- Remove traditional slow unblockable attacks (flaming attacks) or have them cancel into a sidestep, then a stance or a quickstep: This would provide another way to use them. Personally I have hardly ever seen one of them land outside of Siegfried/Nightmares's 2K (Stomp).

Last edited:
I've been a fan of soul caliber since the SCI and have played every game since (I even went back and played Soul Edge). I was really excited when SCV was announced because I felt that SCIV died before it's time since the netcode was atrocious (at least in my area). I felt that SCIV had a lot of good ideas and good balance between content for offline and online players as well as casual and hardcore players.

Most notably, there were challenges with rewards offline, the story mode wasn't barebones (I know SCV was rushed, but still), and the special mode would've given the game some longevity online if the netcode worked better. I'm not saying the special mode was particularly fair or balanced, but there was still a standard battle alternative if people didn't want to go for it; not to mention the special mode provided depth rather than just aesthetics. I know SCIV sometimes stands out as a black sheep, but it had good ideas and I'd want to see some of those return for the next title with the innovations of SCV.

Inclusions (on top of what is already in SCV)
- Reinstate stats for the customizations and special mode as it would add it longevity for the game. I feel that the game needs to provide different ways for people to play it in order to hold the casual gamer's interest. Originally I didn't want to list this for online mode if it meant it would screw with their netcode in anyway, but at this point I think they have a lot more experience with programing netcode and could do a better job of implementing this.

- Bring back the challenges for single player: The same reasons for bringing back what I mentioned above applies here. Anybody that doesn't like it can still opt of playing it as was completely optional last time and there wasn't anything particularly notable to gain from it that couldn't be found elsewhere later.

- A Guard Meter: I think this should have been implemented since SCIV for obvious reasons that impact the gameplay. It would also make the game much more entertaining to watch as the casual and veteran players alike can anticipate when a players guard is going to break. I've always felt that the series struggled in this aspect as it is fun to play and not as fun to watch. This would help in that aspect.

- Add a 3rd meter to the meter bar: One complaint I've heard a lot of is that GI's cost meter in SCV. I believe that the inclusion of a third meter could take away the sting of that a bit as well as make for more clutch moments or comebacks in the game, which would make it more interesting to watch as well as add a little bit more depth for veteran players.

- Add more interesting ways to interact with meter: For instance, add in types of attacks (i.e. green fire or red lightning) that don't deal damage to the opponent's health bar, but instead damages their meter or takes even more off guard meter (which can be gauged with an actual gauge) than the regular lightning attacks. This would add much more depth for veteran players by giving them more ways to attack and/or choose which attacks they can afford to challenge.

- Add more variety to Guard Impacting and Just Guarding: I know risk and reward nature of these two mechanics, but I've always felt that there should be another dimension to it, similar to how Guard Impacting using forward and back yielded different results in positioning in prior games. Perhaps Guard Impacting could cause an opponent to lose a little meter (as opposed to only you even when you're successful) and Just Guarding gains a little meter.

- Add more variety to 8way running and quickstepping: I feel that quickstepping has rendered 8way running a bit redundant and at times useless in regards to dodging. Perhaps restore 8 way running to what it was in SCII or SCIV and make quickstepping more advantageous. Perhaps give players the option of using quickstepping to move closer to or further from an opponent when dodging. Or even have quickstepping while rising.

- Keep the styles and movesets, but introduce an entirely new cast of characters and have the old cast return as skins a la guest characters or skins in SCIV: The two weapons that the stories are based around have surely been around longer than the characters themselves so it stands to reason that we can have a new cast and new storyline. The older characters returning as extras or complete skins feel like it should be easy enough for them to do, since they can reuse assets. It might look weird in some cases (Kilik doing some of Xiba's moves), but it's still better than three Edgemasters.

- Reinstate and revamp soul charging: I would like there to be a way to finish or cancel a combo to achieve a soul charge (perhaps delayed attacks) rather than slowly charging up. It would add more depth to attacks as well as increase the use of soul charging. As for the ability itself I would like it to do more than just boost a single attack. I'd rather it be used to increase meter and/or increase the timing window for Just Frame Attacks and Just Guard. Or it could add certain attributes to characters for a limited amount of time or number of moves; i.e. give lifegain to certain characters such as Kilik or Talim for 3-4 seconds (in-game) or have thier next combo gain back a small portion/percentage of life of the damage dealt.

- Give us the option to use meter to perform attacks that would normally require Just Frames or add stun to our attacks: This would make it easier for casual players to pick up as well as give veteran players another option for meter if they choose to.

- Show us the percentage of damage each attack or combo does: Some might be quick to say this is taking things from other franchises and takes away the distinctiveness of Soul Caliber. While this may be something that has been implemented in other franchises first, it is in no way a bad idea and it would only add to the appeal of Soul Caliber from a observer standpoint. I believe the game would be more interesting to watch for the casual player if they could see and numerically quantify just how much damage was being done. It would also provide more information for players to improve their game. i.e. a new player can gauge which combos work best in actual matches rather than just in training mode.

Omissions
- Remove the ability to mutilate an opponent after you win: Mutilating an opponent after a win is not only poor sportsmanship, but also deters new players from playing your game. This could be replaced with the option to choose which win pose a character will have. Some of these could even involve mutilating an opponent off screen similar to some characters in Injustice; it can be just a brutal, but won't offend people nearly as much.

- Take out the ability to taunt: For the same reasons mutilating an opponent after a match should go, so should taunting. I don't feel like it adds any depth to the gameplay at all, it only deters new players which hurts Soul Caliber as a franchise. I also feel that the command for it could be put to better use such as for "canceling moves," back dashing, or even for brave edges as I can imagine hitting two buttons to ex an attack would be easier than three for new players, especially if they are on pad instead of an arcade stick.

- Remove GI attacks: Landing one is usually not worth the risk and occasionally slows down the gameplay. I think these attacks would better suited to activating a soul charge upon hitting.

- Remove traditional slow unblockable attacks (flaming attacks) or have them cancel into a sidestep, then a stance or a quickstep: This would provide another way to use them. Personally I have hardly ever seen one of them land outside of Siegfried/Nightmares's 2K (Stomp).

I think my version would fit somewhat nicely with your version, what do you think?

Soul Calibur 6

Game Modes:

Arcade
Adventure
VS Battle
Training
Creation
Extra
Options

GENERAL CONTENT:

Stages:

-Grassfield
-Lavacave/Hell
-Cold ice/Mountain
-Floating platform on water
-Ship at day
-Ship at night
-Jungle/swamp
-Cave
-Desert
-Tower inside
-Tower top (outside, no walls)
-Prison/torture chamber
-Dungeon
-Forest/mountain
-Europeian Mansion
-Asian Mansion
-Europeian City
-Asian City
-Europeian Castle outside
-Europeian Castle inside
-Asian Castle outside
-Asian Castle inside
-Battlefield (infinite)
-Wasteland (infinite)
-Colusseum
-Heaven/lost cathedral

Characters:

-Siegfried (2h Sword, knight style)
-Nightmare (2h Sword, berserker style)
-Taki (Ninja Swords, Dual Tanto)
-Mitsurugi (Samurai, Katana)
-Sophitia (Sword & Shield)
-Cassandra (Sword & shield)
-Viola (Magician, magic ball)
-Z.W.E.I (Sword & Minion)
-Asteroth/Rock (2h Axe/Hammer)
-Maxi (Nunchucks)
-Raphael (Fencing Sword)
-Amy (Fecing Sword)
-Setsuka (Laido Sword)
-Tira (Ringblade)
-Ivy (Snake sword)
-Xianghua (Chinese sword)
-Hwang (Scimitar)
-Cervantes (Gun & Sword (can have dual katana (shura style)
-Voldo (Tri-bladed katars)
-Talim (Dual Tonfa Blades)
-Kilik (2h Polearms)
-Seong Mi-na (2h Spear)
-Hilde (Polearm & Sword)
-Aeon (Dual wield brutal axe/sword/hammer (has firebreath and flying ce/cf)
-Yoshimitsu (Dual Katana (dual katana/banner style)
-Dampierre (Hidden Daggers(con artist style)
-Zasalamel (2h Scythe)
-Master Edge (All weapons/styles)
-Algol (god character)

New Characters:

-Ramin (Inventor, Firearms & Gadgets, from Iraq, good/male)
-Akando (Hunter, Daggers & Bow, from the wastelands of America, neutral/male)
-Maita (Unarmed Inca Warrior, Wrestling/Boxing, slow & heavy, from Peru, good/male)
-Yuda (Unarmed Tyrant King, Karate/Mishima style, fast & light, from Indonesia, evil/male)
-Izel (Aztek Priest, Staff & Sword, 2 stances: with both weapons & only staff, from Mexico, evil/female)
-Adanna (Tribal Warrior, Tower Shield and Spear, from Congo, neutral/female)

Difficulty modes:

-Easy
-Normal
-Hard
-Extreme

Rounds:

-Best of 1 round
-Best of 2 rounds
-Best of 3 rounds
-Best of 4 rounds
-Best of 5 rounds

Timer:

-Infinite

Brave Edge(be) & Critical(ce) Edge:

-Can have 4 Brave Edge/Critical Edge at the same time (one for each direction button)
-Regular characters (Siegfried, Ivy, Nightmare e.t.c,) have their own Brave Edges(3) and Critical Edges(1)(but they can be changed out with custom Brave Edges & Critical Edges if desired).
-The elements give all your weapon attacks a element visual (fire enchantment gives a fiery weapon that gives of blaze of fire while being swung).
-Any elemental debuff last 5 seconds.
-Can only have 1 self-buff at the time (any self-buff last 20 seconds except Berserker Rage wich last 10 seconds).
-Can only have 1 enchantment on our weapon, but you can inflict as many debuffs as possible (unless opponent is using light cloak) any enchantment last 30 seconds).
-Most Custom Brave Edges & Criticals Edges can be enchanted with elemental buffs (except elemental cloack (self buff)and aid)
-Self buff be & ce (flame cloak, ice cloak, berserker rage, e.t.c) can last for the rest of the match, as long as you are not damaged (this promotes aggresiveness from the opponent).

Custom Brave Edge(be) & Critical(ce) Edge:

-Flintlock Rifle (ce) (high range, high damage, knockback)

-Flintlock Pistol (be) (short range, high damage, knockback)

-Flintlock Pistol (akimbo style (be) (medium range, medium damage, knockback)

-Dagger Trow (be) (high range, low damage,)

-Crossbow (ce) (high range, high damage)

-Bow (be) (medium range, medium damage)

-Bola Trow (be) (medium range, low damage, movement stun)

-Shuriken Trow (be) (high range, very low damage, sends out 3 rapid shuriken at the same time)

-Javelin Trow (ce) (high range, high damage, knockback)

-Axe Trow (be) (medium range, medium damage)

-Hammer Trow (be) (medium range, medium damage, knockback)

-Bomerang Trow (be) (medium range, low damage, has 2 chanses too hit, knockback)

(all summons kinda work like SCV Viola's CF, only they follow the enemy)

-Bear Summon (ce) (big damage, low amount of hits)

-Tiger Summon (ce) (medium damage, medium amount of hits)

-Wolf Summon (ce) (low damage, high amount of hits)

-Hawk Summon (be) (low damage, medium amount of hits)

-Berserker Rage (ce) (high damage & defense bonus for a short time)

-Trow (ce) (grab, high damage, knockback)

-Bite (ce) (grab, low damage/restore some health to player)

-Leap (be) (Medium damage, forward jumps, knockback on hit or being near at the end of the leap)

-Bomb/Grenade (ce) (high damage(AOE), low range, knockback)

-Grapplehook (be) (low damage, medium range, drags opponent close too you)

-Spring Trap (be) (low damage, movement stun, trap deployment last 10 seconds)

-Aid (be) (restore some player health)

-Fire Ultimate (ce) (high damage, lower enemy defense % for some seconds)

-Fire Missile (be) (medium damage, lower enemy defense % for some seconds)

-Fire Cloak (ce) (increase player attack% for a time)

-Fire Enchantment (be) (have enchantment for a time, lower enemy defense%)

-Ice Ultimate (ce) (high damage, lower enemy damage %, enemy not able to use quick step, and jump for some seconds)

-Ice Missile (be) (medium damage, lower enemy damage %, enemy not able to use quick step, and jump for some seconds)

-Ice Cloak (ce) (increase player armor% and restore shield unbreakable for a time)

-Ice Enchantment (be) (have enchantment for a time, lower enemy damage %, enemy not able to use quick step, and jump)

-Shock Ultimate (ce) (high damage, lower enemy meter gain % for some seconds)

-Shock Missile (be) (medium damage, lower enemy meter gain % for some seconds)

-Shock Cloak (ce) (increase player meter gain by a degree for a time)

-Shock Enchantment (be) (have enchantment for a time, lower enemy meter %)

-Earth Ultimate (ce) (high damage, lower enemy health over time (poison)

-Earth Missile (be) (medium damage, lower enemy health over time (poison)

-Earth Cloak (ce) (restore player health over time (regen) for a time)

-Earth Enchantment (be) (have enchantment for a time, lower enemy health over time (poison)

-Light Ultimate (ce) (high damage, enemy not able to use meter, lower enemy shield unbreakable over time for some seconds)

-Light Missile (be) (medium damage, enemy not able to use meter, lower enemy shield unbreakable over time for some seconds)

-Light Cloak (ce) (restore player health % and immune to debuff for a time)

-Light Enchantment (be) (have enchantment for a time, enemy not able to use meter, lower enemy shield unbreakable over time)

-Dark Ultimate (ce) (high damage, restore player health % (healthsteal) for some seconds)

-Dark Missile (be) (medium damage, restore player health % (healthsteal) for some seconds)

-Dark Cloak (ce) (player becomes invisible for a time (cansel invisibility by damaging or getting damaged)

-Dark Enchantment (be) (have enchantment for a time, restore player health % (healthsteal)

Tag battle:

-You choose charracters from you "deck" with right analog stick and pick with R3 button.
-Characters who are wounded in the "deck" heal very slow.

Coop:
It is possible to play 2 players on the same team in adventure mode, by setting up control for the characters in the "deck" before you start the stage in the world map.

ARCADE:

-Finish 5 random stages/random opponents and 1 final stage/rival with any character you like.
-Has timer and scoreboards.
-Best of 2 rounds.
-Has difficulty modes

ADVENTURE:

-You can get armor, weapons, stickers, titles, effects, brave edges, critical edges, gold, potions and relics by fighting in adventure mode

-Could also have Story stages, like the story setup in Soul Calibur V...?

sc6adventuremap-jpg.144146

-When you first start in Adventure mode, you choose in wich continent you want too have your main base (europe, asia, africa e.t.c)
-There are several interactions you can do with the main base, like sparring, shopping, structure upgrading and maintaining your characters.

-You can upgrade your main base in several ways:

-Chambers (10 upgrades, upgrades the capasity of characters you can have in adventure mode (first upgrade is free(each upgrade make 10 character slots, max 100?)
-Castle Defenses (10 upgrades, upgrades for helping against Invasions, like guards and castle defenses (each upgrades makes invaders start with reduced % health points in battle, max 50% reduced health)
-Exploration Library (10 upgrades, each upgrade improves the land & sea movement on world map (max 100% increase land and sea movement)
-Battle Academy (10 upgrades, each upgrade gives character more experience in battle (max +100% experience bonus)
-Building Quarters (10 upgrades, each upgrade decreases upgrade cost, main base moving and small base making cost (max 50% reduced cost)
-Production Guild (10 upgrades, each upgrades increases profit from all bases you own (max +100% increase)
Medical Clinic (10 upgrades, each upgrade improves your chanses at survival (max +50% hp refill after each battle)
-Trade Market (10 upgrades, each upgrade decreases buying price and improving selling prices (max +50% trade rate)
-Meditation Center (10 upgrades, each upgrade improves your chanses at survival (max +50% hp refill after each battle)
-Meditation Center (10 upgrades, each upgrade fills more of your power meter at battle start (max 50% filled power meter)
-Thief Hangout (10 upgrades, each upgrade improves gold loot/reward (max 50% gold increase)

-First upgrade cost 10000 gold, every upgrade cost 10000 more, making the last upgrade cost 100000 gold (can be reduced with building quarters upgrade).

-Can buy overpriced armor pieces/weapons/potions/relics/brave edges/critical edges/stickers/effects at the shop (better prices for trading if you buy Trade Market upgrades).
-You can get every armor piece/ weapon/brave edges/critical edges/stikcers/effects without buying any of it, but then you have too either, clear every adventure stage or play ALOT of Online vs players.
-Can sell potions and relics.
-Every base gets 2500 gold after each 50 enemy opponent defeated (max 2000 gold if production guild upgrade is maxed).

-As the game goes on and new stages appear far from you start loaction, you can travel and expand with new bases (small ones, can only have 1 main base).
-Small bases cost 10000 gold to make).
-Small bases can only upgrade their defenses, but the defenses can be maxed out (10 upgrades)
-Small bases can also be razed to nothing, if the defending characters loses.
-Can locate the main base too a another place in the world, but that cost alot of gold (100000 gold?).
-Can make small bases all over the world (prelocated places).

-You can travel outside base for free, but if you want to travel a longer amount, you have to pay for travel cost
-Small trip is a small distance on the map, cost nothing.
-Medium Trip is a medium distance on the world map, cost 1000 gold.
-Long Trip is a medium distance on the world map, cost 10000 gold

-If your party should still be in the world map when the travel resources is used up, then the party get home too the closest base automaticly, but you get penalty for that (party members will lose random amount of relics and potions).
-Travling on foot or with boat takes just as long time.

-If your party lose at a stage, they lose nothing (except on Dead Man's Bet, Guild Contest and Invasion stages), but your party can't start any stage (unless you have at least one Medical Labratorium upgrade).
You get full health by getting your party back at any base.

World stage setups:

-There are normally infinite time in adventure stages, except for some special stages.
-You have to clear 5 stages of the same type (you can clear the same stage for 5 times), before you get acces to different kinds of stages.

In order:
-Sparring stage is open at the very start at the main base.
-5 cleared Random Encounter stages opens all Random group encounter stages.
-5 cleared Group Encounter stages opens all Collusseum stages.
-5 cleared Colusseum stages opens all Conquest, Dead Man's Bet and Guild Contest stages.
-5 cleared Conquest stages opens all Army Challenge, Base Invasion and Home Base Invasion stages.
-5 cleared Army Challenge stages opens all Legion Encounter, Boss Challenge, and Conquest Challenge stages.

-World stages

-Sparring (1-5 npc/player vs 1-5 npc/player) Testing/training stage, No reward.

-Random Encounter (1 vs 1) Normal gold reward 2000 gold

-Group Encounter (1-5 vs 5 + 1 boss) Normal gold reward 5000 gold

-Colusseum (1 vs 10 random) Normal gold reward 8000 gold

-Conquest (1-5 vs army + 1 boss)(sc3 chronicles of the sword setup) Normal gold reward 10000 gold

-Army Challenge (1-5 vs 15 + 3 boss) Normal gold reward 10000 gold

-Legion Encounter(survival mode) (1-5 vs unlimited (5 + 1 boss over and over again, get's harder and harder with better and better rewards (more gold) if you lose in battle you lose all reward, you can quit after any boss fight with getting the rewards you have won (there are 6 Legion Encounter stages, each representing it's elemental).

-Dead Man's Bet (1 vs Random) (have to give gold to start stage) Lose the bet and lose gold or win bet and get dobbel amount of gold. (max bet: 10000 gold, when farther in the game, max 100000 gold)

-Boss Challenge (1-5 vs 1-5 buffed boss) Normal gold reward 5000-25000 gold

-Conquest Challenge (1-5 vs buffed army + 1-5 buffed boss)(sc3 chronicles of the sword setup) Normal gold reward 25000-45000 gold

-Online stage

-Guild Contest (1-5 vs 1-5 enemy online players) (have to give gold to start stage) Lose the bet and lose gold or win bet and get dobbel amount of gold, Guild Contest can only be acessed from the main base (max bet: 10000 gold, when farther in the game, max 100000 gold).

-Invasion stage

-If 1 off your bases is invaded, there is 25% chanse for main base being attacked and 75% chanse for on of the small bases being attacked.
-The invasion are of the characters from the closest army challenge stage.
-The bigger amount of gold you have, the stronger the invasion force will be.

-Base Invasion (everyone in the defending base vs 15 + 3 boss) If you lose, then the base is going to be razed and the losing party members will lose their relics and potions. Normal gold reward 10000 gold
-Home Base Invasion (everyone in the defending base vs 15 + 3 boss) If you lose, then the base is going to lose 20 random building upgrades (bedchambers are not touched), 50% of all your gold, random number of potions and relics. Normal gold reward 10000 Gold

-Each stage type gives different amount of gold if you win (random enconter gives little profit, but takes short time, while conquring gives big profit, but takes long time).

-Each stage has several difficulty modes
-Easy = 0.5x reward in gold
-Normal = 1x reward in gold
-Hard = 1,5x reward in gold
-Extreme = 2x reward in gold

-The first time you clear a stage you get money AND armor pieces/brave edges/critical edges/relics e.t.c
-After the first time you clear a stage, reward will always be gold.

-You can pick difficulty mode on almost every stage except these stages:
-Legion Encounter Stage(difficulty rises for each group defeated within the stage).
-Dead man's Bet Stage(always on extreme difficulty).
-Guild Contest Stage (always vs players).

Level up:

-Characters can level up in adventure mode .
-Max level cap is 100, each level needs more experience for next level.
-For each level up characters can choose their own atrribute to level up:

-Health (1% health regen)
-Power (1% power meter gain)
-Damage (+1% attack)
-Defense (+1% defense)

Armor:

-Different armor piece gives different bonus:
-No piece = 5% health regen
-Cloth piece = 5% power meter gain
-Leather = 5% attack
-Metal = 5% defense

-Several armor pieces of the same type gives set bonus:
-6 no piece: +25% health regained at battle start
-6 metal: +5% absorbed damage chanse (+50% absorbed damage)
-6 leather: +5% critical hit strike chanse (+50% more damage)
-6 cloth: +25% power meter at battle start.

Relics:

-Relics add different bonus such as attributes and abilities.
-Some of the relics have abilities (more exp/gold after battle victory, critical hit chanse, absorbed damage chanse, group health/power meter slow restoring, longer travel distance e.t.c).
-Each character can use max 3 relics at the same time.

-Common Relic gives small atrribute bonus, cost 1000 gold
-Rare Relic gives medium atrribute bonus or ability, cost 10000 gold
-Epic Relic gives high atrribute bonus or small atrribute bonus and ability, cost 100000 gold
-Legendary Relic gives huge atrribute bonus/medium attribute bonus and ability or 2 abilities, cost 1000000 gold

Potions:

-Can be used 1 time per character in battle, are used with L3 button.
-Each character can only hold 1 potion at a battle (can only equip them potions right before stage start).
-All potion effects last for 30 seconds (except recover potions).

-Damage Potion gives small damage bonus, cost 1000 gold.
-Defense Potion gives small defense bonus, cost 1000 gold.
-Power Potion gives small power bonus, cost 1000 gold.
-Regen Potion gives small regen bonus, cost 1000 gold.
-Energy Potion gives 25% power meter recover, cost 1000 gold.
-Health Potion gives 25% health recover, cost 1000 gold.
-Super Damage Potion gives medium damage bonus, cost 10000 gold.
-Super Defense Potion gives medium defense bonus, cost 10000 gold.
-Super Power Potion gives medium power bonus, cost 10000 gold.
-Super Regen Potion gives medium regen bonus, cost 10000 gold.
-Super Health Potion gives 50% health recover, cost 10000 gold.
-Super Energy Potion gives 50% power meter recover, cost 10000 gold.
-Damage Elexir Potion gives high damage bonus + full health recover + full power meter recover, cost 100000 gold
-Defense Elexir Potion gives high defense bonus + full health recover + full power meter recover, cost 100000 gold
-Power Elexir Potion gives high power bonus + full health recover + full power meter recover, cost 100000 gold
-Regen Elexir Potion gives high regen bonus + full health recover + full power meter recover, cost 100000 gold

VS BATTLE:

-Player VS Player
-Player VS NPC
-NPC VS NPC

ONLINE:

-Player VS Player
-There will always be a countdown on online.
-You can get armor, weapons, stickers, effects, titles, brave edges and critical edges by playing online.

TRAINING:

-There is a training mode for advanced players.

-There is also training mode for most basic moves (for those who are new at Soul series)

CREATION:

-You can alter the regular characters or make your own custom character and give them, different personality, armor, abilities and more.

-Smaller fighters can move around faster, while taller fighters have longer reach.

-Need silent voice on custom characters (tekken sergei dragunov "voice").

-Need at least 5-6 personality trait (how you enter a fight/win a fight/taunt).

-Need more specialized equpment slots (at least 5 compared too the 3 n SCV).

-Need more Specialized equipment in general (Shield, tower shield, swords, more objects).

EXTRA:

Concept art, poster, pictures and more.

OPTIONS:

-Control settings
-Display Settings
-Sound Settings
-Stage Music Settings (can change music on all stages, INCLUDING Character Creation Menu.)
-Reset Adventure data
-Reset (Reset ALL data)
-Software Notice

Last edited:
I really like a lot of the ideas you present, especially the RPG/Build a world elements that would be introduced in adventure mode. I think both would complement each other quite well, I'd also like to see implemented with some of the RPG class elements that were mentioned by HydroJamesAqua earlier.

I have suggestion for the elements, how about some of the effects of the elements be affected by how a player plays.
-For example, the Earth Cloak that gains you life. How about the player keeps on gaining life (less over time) until he/she gets hit again? This would create some pressure on the opponent to rush in and make mistakes.
-Or how about have a field of influence where a player could extend the duration/effects of an ability/buff/debuff by staying close to the enemy? This could completely change the way certain character would have to be played. For instance, a Taki/Natsu/Ninja player would have to consider to merits of staying in close or knocking his/her opponent away until the element wore off.

I'm not sure about having the BE and CE's assigned to the directional buttons though because I wouldn't want to alienate people that prefer using the D-pad or cause accidental inputs. I don't think it's a bad idea, I just don't think it should set in default controls.

I also think there should also be a much more extensive training mode for new players that allows new players to get used to basic mechanics such as quickstepping, 8wayrunning, teching throws, etc. rather than just moves and one or two combos. It should also teach players about frame data, just inputs, hitboxes, hurtboxes, etc.

Back