Lost Swords

Nightmare's out already?

Top of the events tab.

Forgot to mention, the new GS A goes back into GS just like GS B though it doesn't chain into itself.

GS KK is the old GS A followed by the old 2B+K, looks very awkward.

Oh, and 22_88K. The hitboxes on this are extremely messed up now. It just hits whenever it wants to hit, even at point-blank :<

I keep forgetting things...A2AA and 3A2A. Still ultra-niche crap. I find that very odd since Lost Swords seems to be about making things as broken as possible, these two non-mixups seem to be begging to be sped up to the point of being actual mixups.

I think Lost Swords being a finished game is partly the reason this thread can't stay on topic. There's nothing to speculate anymore.
It isn't though. I've looked through the game files, there's plenty of stuff in there which is in a work in progress state, and references to content they haven't started implementing yet.

Top of the events tab.

Forgot to mention, the new GS A goes back into GS just like GS B though it doesn't chain into itself.

GS KK is the old GS A followed by the old 2B+K, looks very awkward.

Oh, and 22_88K. The hitboxes on this are extremely messed up now. It just hits whenever it wants to hit, even at point-blank :<

I keep forgetting things...A2AA and 3A2A. Still ultra-niche crap. I find that very odd since Lost Swords seems to be about making things as broken as possible, these two non-mixups seem to be begging to be sped up to the point of being actual mixups.
Oh okay. I don't play anymore so I wouldn't know.
It isn't though. I've looked through the game files, there's plenty of stuff in there which is in a work in progress state, and references to content they haven't started implementing yet.
Is there anything besides the character portraits that might give something away? Speaking of portraits, with the recent patch have they changed/removed/added anyone?

Is there anything besides the character portraits that might give something away? Speaking of portraits, with the recent patch have they changed/removed/added anyone?
sc4amy1.gif

Keep my fantasies to my self? But Neo Stray Cat why should I? If Yoda a shorty from Star Wars has been a guest character why can't Syaoran from CC be the guest character? Instead of trying to kill Sakura to get all the Clow Cards for himself he should be better off trying to kill Nightmare and then destroy Soul Edge.
And this is why I don't wanna bother replying to your nonsense both over here and at G-F. Please leave your ideas out the door, tnx.

OT: More stuff huh, WIP, it seems, eh, will still rather wait until English release. (since those english screenshots looks like its getting close to release.)

I still want to see Kirby as a guest character. It would be neat to swallow Astaroth and spit him off of a cliff. ^^

So which "Soulcalibur" do you want?
Just the one without Critical Edges and a less shitty anime-cliche riddled story. Nothing more.

Saying that SCV just has SF mechanics pasted into it is really a narrow-minded view to look at the game.
Its hard to ignore when its thrown in your face as much as it is in SCV though. They werent even trying to be subtle. However the issue is more of it being unecessary and overwhelming rather than wether it destroyed SC itself (Which it progressively will). It did however change the focus on how to play the game, which I find more negatives in.

The changes were made to SCV to bring in new players so that they don't get immediately fucked up by a veteran player and quit, and they've succeeded.
Well I can see that being the reason why they compressed the movesets to a more straight forward layout but the consideration of accessability and competitive balance is more about how to play the game itself. This entirely should have been focused on SC's own. If the issue was that SF fans couldn't fit in, making the game more at home for them isn't making it accessable, just expanding their genre monopoly.

Sure it did bring itself a lot more marketing attention, but its direction just doesn't feel true to itself anymore, its more than a tweak or a change here and there, its a bias revision based on popularity research of the leading comeptition. Its arguably the same reason why Killer Instict got a big modern audience today too, and it too used the same SF hybridizing marketing pitch.

This is a bit off topic, but I think the heavy SF influence was because of Daishi. He didn't hide that he was a huge SF fan, especially of SF3.
I would have rathered it be someone who was a big Tekken fan, at least it would mesh better.

Last edited:
Back