MAJOR Rock Patch Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lau speaks the truth for sure.

It is most likely an online delay issue u have Draco. Offline everything Lau mentioned is fullproof i guarantee u.

JF dash is tapping 6 after certain instances to quickly close in while the opp is vulnerable. Usually done after they break a ground throw and after you land the JF CT (command throw).

Can also be done after a throw or ground throw hits.

yes...

it's basically just doing 65 on the first available frame after certain throws like B-command throw/A regular throw.... after ground throw breaks.... after 3B+G/1A+G.....

-LAU

No u don't have to watch them really, cuz even with the dash Rock retains his adv, that's why it's useful. It's a LARGE and fast dash. I've tried with many characters the same technique, but Rock does it best by far...i think it was deliberate by Namco.

There's no white flash btw. We just call it JF dash cuz it requires good timing, and in some situations IMPECCABLE timing. It's possible to do ground throw break -> jf dash -> sidethrow vs a getting up opponent.

It's good to know that others are not as good at jf dashing. I tried to do it with Astaroth and his sucked compared to Rock (I think I did both of theirs correctly sometimes).

Perhaps watching them while dashing may help since the opponent can decide to stay down, roll, or stand up after ground throw break. However, watching them like this may be unreasonable since things happen quite quickly.

Basically jf dash into 6K is pretty much unbeatable.... so it's more like... either.. dash into mixup.. or dash into interupt... or like what hotnikkelz said.. 6B+K isn't a bad choice here if you don't feel like dashing...

-LAU

Just one thing that strikes me the most is that there is no setup for :6::A:+CT/:4::K:+CT.
And neither is there one for :1::K:+GT (They can tech out of it on the ground)

I am not a star in Rock but how I would fix it is make them just like Astaroth's :2::B:+:K: in that you can choose to normal throw and crouch throw. Make it a bit slow so your opponent can bash you out of it, that's where the additional :A: comes in. (wich gives a nice feet first GT :D).

I don't know how to fix the leg sweep though. It's kinda hard to give him 3 throws out of that option. Maybe just :1::K:+CT for catching tech?

These are just some ideas(maybe a bit OP, I don't really know). Please don't bash me :(

Although, it'd still be really nice if you could CT the tech after 1K ground hit, the frame advantage is still really good (JF PT beats out Mitsurugi's BB).

The only things that needs to be fixed are the alignment/hitbox issues (2B+G mostly).

Glitches are 214AAA missing on side stepping opponents as well as ducking or far opponents ON HIT.
2B+G is obviously a problem
1A occasionally misses opponent's running AT Rock.
When the 2nd hit of 6AA hits on CH, it changes the camera and pushes them to the side so ground throws miss.

honestly... with 2B+G not having a 'consistent' combo off every character.. is really not that big of a problem... it's only a problem to lazy players.... and SC4 is the first time 'REAL' time where they do make a lot of character specific combos like VF series.. but since it has never been like this before.. so people think it's a bug that the same combo won't work on the different characters.

there's sooooooo many alternative solutions to your 'canned' 2B+G -> B+K combo.. i don't even wanna bother listing them all... and i'm not really just talking about 9B either...

maybe I play some VF before..... so i've gotten used to the fact sometimes you need to do a little extra for certain characters over others.

once again.. I wanna reiterate

Rock isn't meant to be a beginner's character.. he might not have the hardest JF, he might not have the most moves, but he's definitely one of the hardest characters to play well.... simply because you need good basics to play well with him....

In general.... if you wanna be a good Rock player... chances are you're probably pretty decent in the game to the point where you can pretty much play any characters well... and if you don't think you're at this level.... doesn't mean I'm telling you to give up Rock... I'm just saying you should improve your basics with another character first then come back to Rock afterwards.

-LAU

I started the 2B+G thread. It's not the character specific stuff. It's the fact that if you land the crouch throw when the opponent is tech rolling or off an-off axis crouching opponent, the 2B+G character specific stuff CHANGES. This is why I avoid using 2B+G off certain scenarios because the properties change depending what the opponent does.

I don't care that 2B+G changes with character. I just care that it launches differently depending how you land it.

The JF dash works 1) after a throw that allows the opponent to tech afterwards or 2) the opponent breaks a (ground?) throw (I don't know whether this only applies to ground throws, as I haven't tried the dash after a broken crouch/standing throw. I just dash in 66 since Rock's running speed is so fast... MANLINESS).

it's like this...

66 = 8WR start unless you timed it perfects... which is really just 65 anyways.... but if you miss timed it.. 66 will basically be crappy 8WR version.

65 = step... good stuff...

but honestly do whatever works.... you really just need to do 65.. but if you do 66 and it gives you 65 results... then so be it

-LAU

I'd like to see:

66B hit grounded. It would be nice if it gave the rocking side to side grounded stun for a free ground throw.

44B hit grounded.

Old AB normal combo. Or at least A,2A+G_B+G for some sort of a mixup.

Old BA_8A normal combo.

4B normal hit knockdown.

1K,2A+G_B+G to catch tech.

Old SC2 Berserker PT. Remember? The one you could actually move around with and that was an awesome RO tool?

4A+B,K. Does 4A+B then goes straight into 66K for people who try to interrupt with AA.

Make HCB B+G throw HCB A+G and give him a new HCF B+G. Maybe pick the opponent up in a choke then a big headbutt, kinda like 1A+G. Chargeable like his command grab now. JF does most damage and ground stun for free hits, non JF just ROs front.

Or instead of all of this, just give me back SC2 Berserker :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back