Matchup Discussion: Leixia VS. Astaroth

About Asta's brave rush. If you think it's incoming, instead of doing a quick low to stop it, you want to JG the second part to get about any punish you want (well not 44[A] but you know what I mean).

It's easier to JG than Pyrrha's 66B BE so I wouldn't even call that a risk, it's guaranteed damage.
Just started being able to JG Pyrrha's 66 B BE... I need to keep this in mind about Asty... Nice find..

Can't you 1B+K out of the second bull rush? You can do that out of nightmare's double punch thing @_@ I did that in a random match on sheer reaction and I felt so cool.

never pulled it off again. e_e

Can't you 1B+K out of the second bull rush? You can do that out of nightmare's double punch thing @_@ I did that in a random match on sheer reaction and I felt so cool.

never pulled it off again. e_e

You can, but jG gives you more damage from a 3B punish instead.

There are many ways to deal with bullrush BE.
1. 1B+K for 22dmg
2. JG 3B 3B+K for 41dmg
3. 88 (quickstep to her left) 4A+B 66K for 63dmg

Also bullrush BE absorbs 3A+B completely. :/

And btw, JG Pyrrha's 66B BE is the last thing I'd recommend.
Just do WS B, WS B BE or even FC 3B which goes right through.

Yeah, armor moves like Asta bullrush and Nightmare explosion generally hurt Leixia because she has so many 2-hit moves (4B, 6B+K, 3A+B, A+B, 4A+B, etc). In Asta's case though, 6KK will beat it if he tries to absorb it.

66BB beats armor moves, too, for a guaranteed 33BB or CE afterwards.
2K beats them as well.

There are many ways to deal with bullrush BE.
1. 1B+K for 22dmg
2. JG 3B 3B+K for 41dmg
3. 88 (quickstep to her left) 4A+B 66K for 63dmg

Also bullrush BE absorbs 3A+B completely. :/

And btw, JG Pyrrha's 66B BE is the last thing I'd recommend.
Just do WS B, WS B BE or even FC 3B which goes right through.

Um yeah you're right I always forget cause with my main I really have to JG it so I was doing it with my seconds too by force of habit.

Also reminds me that her WR B will beat every option Siegfried has when he does 22BB~22B4 shenanigans. He can only block it if he does 22B and block. But who does that?

Also reminds me that her WR B will beat every option Siegfried has when he does 22BB~22B4 shenanigans. He can only block it if he does 22B and block. But who does that?
WR B doesn't beat 22BB. WR B doesn't beat 22BB4 SCH A. Pre-patch, it was possible to evade 22BB.

WR B doesn't beat 22BB. WR B doesn't beat 22BB4 SCH A. Pre-patch, it was possible to evade 22BB.

Just tested it, you're right about about WR B not beating Sieg's 22BB post patch. I didn't know that.
You're wrong about it losing to 22BB4 SCH A, as this move gets auto Gi'ed by WR B. Meaning that WR B loses to 22BB but still beats all transitions to SCH.

That is still not entirely correct, as Sieg can re-align himself by pressing 4 or 6 and interrupt Leixias WS B (BE) attempt with SCH K (BE) from the transition.

That is still not entirely correct, as Sieg can re-align himself by pressing 4 or 6 and interrupt Leixias WS B (BE) attempt with SCH K (BE) from the transition.

Thanks for that bro. I'm always happy to be taught something in a constructive manner. It was also helpful.

This may seem obvious to some, but here's some advice to breaking out of Astaroth's throw mixups.

Any time he puts you in one of those "I'm definitely going to throw you" scenarios, he has to win TWO 50/50's to connect the throw. If Leixia consistently varies whether or not she crouches in these situations, Astaroth's risk of whiffing goes up, as either kind of whiffed throw is an *easy* 6KK (or better) punish. If he actually connects the throw, you can still break A or B for another chance to get out. I see way too many players in general that don't force both 50/50's, dramatically increasing Astaroth's chances of success for free.

Add to all of this that 9B is a safe move that beats both standing and crouch throws, Leixia has quite a few ways to escape his throw game. If Astaroth's actually lands an air throw to counter your tech jump, he's either REALLY good, or you're just blatantly spamming jumps.

For the last part it doesn't really work that way dude. If he does an A throw and you jump, he gets the air throw.
That has nothing to do with skill.

throws are only half the story dealing with Asta, the main problem is that you have to continually chase him down as his back step is pretty broken leixia best tools in this match up are 66b and 66aa. also its important to be able to JG 44a charged version as this move can be a huge problem.
to be really effective vs zoners like astaroth and nightmare learning to dash in to keep the pressure without whiffing stupidly can go a long way.
the good news is that leixia has an insanely fast forward dash probably the best in the game along with natsu that i dont see many players exploiting this.
i can honestly say i rarely see many leixia players do this well.

Back