Maxi changes?

i think just the fact that RO B is safer makes his SG game better, which i think is already pretty solid. I've been using the B+K series a lot more along with more 66B+K and i've been wrecking people gauges pretty quick.

But i think that the buffs are pretty decent. We've got about 15 damage added to CH 3B, 20 damage added to the non JF B+K (normal does 70, JF does 80 now), and we've been given some more safety with a few of our attacks such as AA, LI AAg, and RO B.

I think Maxi is at least Mid Tier now
I love 6B::B::B: :sc2maxi1::sc2maxi1::sc2maxi1:

And I think PSL3 aGI now GI horizontal K attack (I check with Maxi's 6K,3K and Sophi's K,3K)

PSL3 already GIs horizontal K's, it just doesn't GI lows. And what's lovable about 6B :B :B, has it changed?

But, yeah, Maxi may be mid tier in BD. The shorter stance transitions alone sound good enough to make him more competitive.

Can any NorCal guys break into Namco Bandai's headquarters (Since I hear the is one out there) and threaten their family if they don't release an updated patch?

Thanks in advance!

Some stuff that might be new (haven't played SC4 in long):

44B, RO B now leaves the opponent standing instead of downed
6A+B, BL B combo for 50dmg
Different stun on CH BL A that should be explored further
CH 3A (SHK) BL A, LI AAB = 86dmg!

Some things that should be removed from the first post:
44B, RO KB now catches all tech - i've found it to be sidetech blockable
236A - safe on hit. On block its safe against i14 but not i10 - just remove this line as it's corrected further down

so i was testing Maxi's soul gauge damage last night at a friends and I feel like his SG game has been buffed for the most part. A lot of his old Soul guauge attacks have been nerfed a bit, but a couple other moves have been buffed a lot.

Nerfs: Don't remember exactly what all these were, but i remember them being less than before

LI B - I think this was like 20 now, was 13
RO B - now ?, was 13
3B - now ?, was 13
4AB - now 11 i think, was 10
33B now 13 or 14 i think, was 11
RC B - now like 20 or something, was 10
1B - now 20+, was 13
B+K - now 9~10, was 8~9
44K - now ?, was 12

Buffs:
RC A - now 13, was a ton (33bA_RC aA ~ RC A breaks in 8)
A+B - now 7~7.5, was ? (second part of A+B alone breaks in 8)
A+B+K - Breaks in 8 (seems like a safe move, steppable though)

Same:
66B+K - 8 hits

Also i noticed that LO A did decent SG damage now compared to the other nerfed moves, not sure what it was before.

So it seems like we will be wanting to do a lot more RC A in BD. And with the much safer AA and to some degree RO B, we should get a lot more opportunities to do this. Seems odd that RC B now does much less SG damage then RC A, but oh well, i'll take it.

A+B is also not so bad of a punisher to throw out now depending on the opponents punishment options. Even though it isn't a natural combo on NH and is unsafe on block, the second hit rapes the soul guage pretty bad so it may be worth it to take a little bit of punishment for it. The pushout on the move limits the opponents punishment options for some characters. An added benefit of being able to throw out A+B with some benefit is that A+Bg becomes a lot harder punish once the opponent starts fearing the second hit of A+B.

*note: I didn't check how the buffed step affects these A+B mix-ups. Is it possible to step the second hit of A+B after the first hit is blocked?

Hey, so I went on a short vacation and brought my psp along to play in the downtime and fell in love with maxi. This thread makes me sad in that the character I'm becoming accustomed to playing seems to be a super-buffed version of the Maxi I plan to return to in SC4 (console).
Am I in for a rude awakening when I make the transition from BD Maxi to SC4 Maxi?

you'll be fine. The main things that makes Maxi better in BD is he's got more safety on a few moves like AA, BB and RO B and he gets more damage on B+K and 236K. Unless you are playing at a very high level against top competition, the only changes that you will probably really notice is the AA and BB changes. Basically, just don't use AA or BB in SCIV, cause they pretty much suck.

Back