Maxi changes?

Marginal

Chikara Sashimi
I'm kinda hard pressed to see any notable changes in Maxi in BD. Am I nuts?

(POST STEAL UPDATED BY TWIGGYWALES FOR A FULL LIST)

-3B doesn't push out as far on NH.
-3Bg = safe
-RO B is no longer BB punishable.
-You can now safely guard after LI A,A instead of being forced to go into BL.
-LO K no longer auto-taunts on hit and can now techtrap into 236A near a wall/edge.
-44B, RO KB now catches all tech. side blockable
-Only new move I've found is A+B+K, which he can combo off of (2B+K, B). Looks like a TC too.
-66B4_66B+K will now tech trap after CH 33B, LO K
-All block transitions are faster.
-+5 to 16 dmg on most combos.
-LI B /33B -> BL KK = connecting both kicks requires no timing anymore
-CH 3A, BL A, LI K... no longer connects
-CH 3A, BL KK now does 67dmg though
-236K = 60dmg (15+)
-236K, 66A still catches and ring outs all techs, now for 95dmg
-It seems like 66A, 2B+K,B and 66B+K now catches any tech =)
-AA is not completely safe. Amy can punish AA with her 6BB. It's just less unsafe, which is still very good.
-Single B is so safe that Takis A (i10?) can't punish. Same with 3B.
-BB does +5dmg.
-A throw does 55 and B throw does 52, before they both did 50.
-B+K,BBBA now does 70+ damage instead of 50. Can't JF reliably to give more details.
-CH 6BBB is now 67 instead of 50. The last hit does 40 alone. Again I suck at the JFs.
-WS Ag eats i16 on block, but is off-angle from some Bs and can PSL4/5.
-WS A+B (blocked) -> you can't block an i16, but can use LI B, White Light and PSL4/5 to avoid Bs.
-No change on 22K. 22KK is still(?) punishable by i16.
-My bad, I meant at least -16. After closer testing it's 20 to block actually, with no possible interruptions. PSL4/5 comes out at 16 though.
-WS A+B is 21+ until you can block, but LI A comes out at 18, and LI B at 15 I think (no frametrap).
-66B have gotten a little bit more pushback, making options from LO safer. 66B4 seems to have a higher chance to catch opponents who are in a hurry to punish after blocking. Otherwise 1-3dmg increase to all its forms, and as safe and unsafe as before.
-CH 3Ag now causes the same crumble as CH 3A. Now you can add A+B for a 74dmg combo! (SHAKABLE)
-AA - safe against i11-13 on block
-B - safe against i9 on block
-BB - eats i19-21 on block
-236A - eats i18+ on block, and i14 on hit
-WS Ag - eats i19-21 on block
-WS A+B - eats i19-21 on block, LI A interrupts i19 and trades with i18, WL works vs i15 Bs at least
-WS [A+B] - eats i16 on block, LI A interrupts i14 attempts, looks like frametrap
-22K - is safe from at least i16 on block (low though)
-22KK - eats i19-21 on block.
-LI A now causes sidefall stun on CH. 66B+K can combo for 47 damage.
-CH 3B, RO B, RC B can no longer be teched out of. 73-79 damage.
-33B recovers faster on block (-13).
-Not sure, but AA might be faster (i13).
-CH 3Bg W!...
A+B W! = 91dmg
6BBB W! = 92dmg
B+K works on extra high splat.
-CH 3Bg W! PSL1 BL A, LI AAB = 102
-6;B;B;B 65 damage now and it appear in the command list. Further more, i feel it's easier to pull out
-6BBB is still NCC. Dmg perf hit is 12,13,40. On CH the combo get 67 dmg
-6A safe against i15 (test with Amy's BB)
-44AB Safe Against at least i14 (Test with Amy's WS B)
-AA ~RC: +0 on block or RC A is faster, I don't know but RC A trade with Maxi's B+K and 66B(i19 in SC4). On hit RC A even defeat Amy's 6BB
-B+K,BBBA is 71 dmg and I think it's easier to pull out. I cannot press the JF version in PSP, maybae i am noob,haha
-A+B~G Safe against i18 (Test with Maxi 6B, I cannot block after A+B~G but I can block 4B)
-I think all move end with RO and RC is safer
-CH 33B, PSL3 LO K no longer combos easily. It depends a lot now on the angle. The new stapple could be PSL2 RO B, RC B, for almost 90 damage, which sometimes can be avoided to the right side when they fall face down after RO B. RC A still does heavy damage after CH 33B.
-As stated before, LI AA can be cancelled into neutral stance, by doing LI AaG.
-LI seems to recover faster to neutral.
-66bG pushes away as much as 66B does, on block.
-A seems faster, maybe 13.
-4AB (with its variations), 236K and several things do a lot of damage. 4AB, LO B does 74 damage. 9K, 33bA, RC A does like 80 damage. 4[A+B], 33bA, RC A does like 115 damage, or something (without a ground hit ender).
-PSL3 aGI sometimes still de-active without reason like SC4
-U can active PSL3 aGI from RO-LO and BL stance
-BB is +9~11 on Hit I think
-6A ~G is -14 on block
-236K do 60 damage
-44B, RO B now leaves the opponent standing instead of downed
-6A+B, BL B combo for 50dmg
-Different stun on CH BL A that should be explored further
-CH 3A (SHK) BL A, LI AAB = 86dmg!

these are the changes mentioned by people if any are wrong please let me know to correct them,

thankies

The only one I saw was that A+B knocks backwards now instead of that horrible crumple stun. But thats old news and the only thing Ive seen

HRD

There's a couple things I've noticed:

-3Bg = safe
-LO K no longer auto-taunts on hit and can now techtrap into 236A near a wall/edge.
-44B, RO KB now catches all tech.

I'll post more if I find stuff.

-3Bg = safe
-44B, RO KB now catches all tech.

I'll post more if I find stuff.

Does 236B still suck balls? Any knockdown on NH or CH?

How far does A+B send the opponent on NH and CH?

Any new moves?

Does 236B still suck balls? Any knockdown on NH or CH?
No knockdown.You're screwed on block. Taki's AA can't interrupt BL A_K followups on NH tho.

How far does A+B send the opponent on NH and CH?
CH knocks 'em back about one body length same for NH. (60 damage on CH, 38 on NH assuming they don't block the second hit, which leaves you at 20dmg otherwise)

Any new moves?
Just the A+B+K backfist.

-236B still blows its grandma's chode. Doesn't knock down on NH/CH.
-CH A+B knocks them back the same distance as the second hit of NH A+B does. Still hella unsafe....obviously.
-Only new move I've found is A+B+K, which he can combo off of (2B+K, A). Looks like a TC too.

-66B4_66B+K will now tech trap after CH 33B, LO K

Edit: Marginal beat me to it.

So 3B RO A into grab is actually a doable mixup now ?

-LO K no longer auto-taunts on hit
WTF?!?!?! Thats his most important feature.

You mean I have to taunt manually now ? .... well at least there's always RC KK:K auto-taunt.

whoa, whoa. did they make the RC -> block transition post RO B faster or does RO B give better frames on block now? 3B RO B breaks in like 7 or something, so if that's safe or reasonable pressure into RC mixups that seems like a really easy way to eat soul gauge. unless the soul damage on it was nerfed.

Yeah, it's 2B+K B. And thanks for the news Freaky.

That's good shit though, usually you can only combo off of 2B+K B when the 2nd hit CHs on a standing opponent. Even then you can only land things that hit grounded. If you can combo a backfist like move (I assume it's a high) then that would be a major improvement.

Yeah, it's 2B+K B. And thanks for the news Freaky.

That's good shit though, usually you can only combo off of 2B+K B when the 2nd hit CHs on a standing opponent. Even then you can only land things that hit grounded. If you can combo a backfist like move (I assume it's a high) then that would be a major improvement.

The new backfist's mid.

well at least there's always RC KK:K auto-taunt.
Nope, not even that.

All block transitions are faster.

+5 to 16 dmg on most combos.
LI B /33B -> BL KK = connecting both kicks requires no timing anymore
CH 3A, BL A, LI K... no longer connects
CH 3A, BL KK now does 67dmg though

236K = 60dmg (15+)
236K, 66A still catches and ring outs all techs, now for 95dmg

It seems like 66A, 2B+K,B and 66B+K now catches any tech =)

In another thread everyone was talking about how if you GI an airborne move you launch them for free (no re-GI) does this rape moves like RC A, RC B, LO K, RO K series....ect? Are 3A+K, 4 [A+B], B+K any different? Are AA and BB still really bad?

Did 99_33bA always ring out?
Yeah.

In another thread everyone was talking about how if you GI an airborne move you launch them for free (no re-GI) does this rape moves like RC A, RC B, LO K, RO K series....ect? Are 3A+K, 4 [A+B], B+K any different? Are AA and BB still really bad?

The GI vs Airborne launcher is really weak. Few, if any characters could juggle from it.
And RC A isn't a jumping attack. RC B is pretty difficult to GI.
AA is safe now :)
No noticeable changes on the rest.

If RO B change is true, i'm going to WHORE that. Cuz the transition to RC is gold considering you can jumps 2As with RC B, and ducks high s with RC KK. and it cuts guage well. Good news folk good new :)

I'm loving the LI AA adjustments, beautiful.

Has his basics improved? AA? B? 6A?

AA is safe now? That rules. So theres no difference in the difficulty of the B+K JF, how about 6B? I think I may have to get this after all...wish there was a patch.

Back