Maxi General Discussion "The Dandy of the Seas

Holy crap Things I said Way Way back in the day.
Jun 8, 2011
PSLs transitions should be faster.
All PSLs should auto-A,Gi which would make having B+KGi senseable.
"people like Dustbuster" Please no one attempts to mix anything online 90% of maxi players arent even creative, thats the sad part. Play safe offline, have fun online.

Jun 8, 2011
just saw the demo vid. BB, BB, super BB,. what ever who cares.. im liking the ex idea more so for maxi and loopin, exspecially if it can increase loop/stance transition speed. whatever game still looks like a poke fest, guess thats what swords do.

From 2011
OMg... I got nothing else to say..lolololmao.

From SC2:
"I say it" & "Maxi says it" :sc2maxi1:"It's Not Enough":sc2maxi2:

Last edited:
That's FC 3A+B from what I've read on Discord.

Between that and true PSL5 being discovered (Go neutral in LO or LI and you get an additional stance shift) things are coming up Maxi.

Between that and true PSL5 being discovered (Go neutral in LO or LI and you get an additional stance shift) things are coming up Maxi.
im starting to think moves that end in safe stances dont have PSL5 such as BL and RO stance ending. ive noticed this with Maxi's 6A,3A,5B,ect same with FC 3A+B ends in BL maxi seems like he just blocks after.

Also like for instance Maxi 3A is also his RC A if you dont hit a button maxi goes into BL and stops looping. Only doing that 1 stance then blocking.

I cant see the Full Crouch when Groh does a B input.. Can someone put up a low motion clip.. I MUST be blind.
Thats the fastest Fully Crouching 3A+B... I have ever seen.

Cute Lo nPsL now ends in Ro... that explains the "Clap Clap Clap" Ro aGi. Guard Impact
Namco's at it again inserting Ro into Old Lo>Rc nPsL end... New its Lo>Rc>Ro nPsL end.. [Less inputs for PsL S-T]
New Li>BL>Rc nPsL end
Hopefully BL nPsL ends in Rc.
Cute Namco Cute.. just adding 1 more S-T into nPsL.. removing the need for 4&6 inputs.. cleaner.

TY @Frayhua

wow my Twitch playback is horrible

Last edited:
Avoidingthepudding Twitch
4:05:50 to 4:06:09
RANDOM...
:sc2maxi1:Maxi has SC2 6A+B[Dragon's Sky] non Soulcharge...:):sc2maxi1:

I cant see the Full Crouch when Groh does a B input.. Can someone put up a slow motion clip.. I MUST be blind.

Slow Mo Clip

PSL3 may be in the game saw what looked like it in the second video ninjaguy posted at 4:27-4:29.

I cant see the Full Crouch when Groh does a B input.. Can someone put up a low motion clip.. I MUST be blind.

Cute Lo nPsL now ends in Ro... that explains the "Clap Clap Clap" Ro aGi. Guard Impact
Namco's at it again inserting Ro into Old Lo>Rc nPsL end... New its Lo>Rc>Ro nPsL end.. [Less inputs for PsL S-T]
New Li>BL>Rc nPsL end
Cute Namco Cute.. just adding 1 more S-T into nPsL.. removing the need for 4&6 inputs.. cleaner.

TY @Frayhua

LO PSL5 goes into BL so 4B PSL5 BL
i think PSL3 is in the game though.

New Li>BL>Rc nPsL end

TY @Frayhua

Also BL and RO have no PSL5

I hate doing this...[Another teachable moment] For someone who goes around calling himself I Rock MaXi.
"I should avoid the forum when I get back from work..."
I don't know why your still calling it PsL5.. look at your D-Pad. Angles = Movement
Forward is PsL1 [depending on what S-T you are in]
Back is Psl2 [depending on what S-T you are in]
[option] is PsL3. = PsL3 will always shift you between [LI] [Lo] [Rc] [depending on what S-T you are in] "PsL3 is an Input Command"
Up is PsL4 [Li]
Down is PsL5 [Ro] = PsL5 is Ro. Old PsL5 nPsL ends in BL; "But in SC6, in now ends in Rc". "Ro-BL-Rc end". "Also BL and RO have no PSL5"
Neutral PSL ender = nPsL

IF Namco Turned PsL4 & PsL5 into Standtill S-Ts CooL.. But they still scarified Maxi's Movement; More so, with the loss of Stance "Canyon Carve".
"LO PSL5 goes into BL so 4B PSL5 BL" To me it looks like quicker Guard Recovery.
If your right Holding Down after 4B[Lo] will Loop Roll into BL>Rc>Ro>Lo into infinite Ro>Lo. PsL3. Same with Holding up.
Now if Namco did that, it means both PsL4 & PsL5 have infinite S-Ts, Like PsL1 & PsL2. as long as your Holding.

"i think PSL3 is in the game though."
The Result of this "New Tech" would mean: Holding Up or Down during Specific S-Ts will Give you PsL3 like [option] between [LI] [Lo] [Rc] [depending on what S-T you are in].
Changing simplifying "PsL3 Button Input Command" into a "Holding up or Down Input Command"

But I really don't know I haven't touched the game yet.. If Namco did this CooL.. StandStill Looping with no Movement SAD. Now "Ro&Lo" is your only Stance Movement Options to chase with.
Chasing with Ro B which sucks because its not SC5 Ro B[Hydra Talons] CH Properties. Mandatory.. Hit&CH needed.
Chasing with Ro K Star Gale. A High
Chasing with Rc B. The HoTneSS
Chasing With Lo B... Get Gi'ed

yeahyeah-But remember putting yourself in PsL3 Li is POINTLESS without the TOOL.
In Stance Li B "Canyon Carve" or Li Bg>Ro. Was about Movement and Intimidation. Creating Whiffs & Dodging were BONUS.

Last edited:
lmao if that was a lesson id like a refund.
in SCVI RO has no nPSL PSL5 w/e you wanna call it doesnt matter, symantics. there is no more sidewinder so ur ver of PSL4 and 5 are gone dog and the new nPSL or PSL5 is the notation now. RO ends stance loops and BL also ends stance loops in SCVI. li PSL5 into RC and LO PSL into BL . im speculating off a 2second clip which honestly looks like he does 4B PSL5 BLg which is standard now in SCVI if you press nothing. Li B Canyon Carve u gonna have to dead that nobody cares but you for real. Li A serves same purpose and u talk about all this movement maxi hd but it was destroyed by basic pokes so how good was it really, not to mention maxi wasnt really doing anything for like 3games with those options. now with holding up and down thing i have no clue i just remember funny shit in SC2 with spamming 8&2 while holding A+K and a old vid said that was PSL4. but that shit dont matter. Maxi's RO B missing the Stun on NH is sad especially sense it still pushes back so far on CH. However look at it this way you get the jail on the Wing Sobat which is + on block for mix ups also guard break set ups, wall combos, and ringouts . I call my self Irockthemaxi because i rock all aspects of maxi.

and what were you really chasing with Li B when you can backstep every option from Li.....when you do LiBg you will get smacked and if they are really good they will smack you before you can go for jank Agi

In SoulCharge[SCB]:
Trailer combo Ro A, A+B > BL K, K.
[SCB] RC A+B SC2:Tiger Pounce.
Holding Down now functions like PsL3 only its "PsL5[nPsL ender] [BL] [Rc] [Ro]". Hopefully it goes into Infinite "Ro>Lo>Ro>Lo" Holding Down
Hope they add different transition with Holding Up.

Realization.
Maxi's SC5 BB is very bad.. Fact. But with the improvements and Stance Speed Increase SC6.
Old BB[Venom Wings] would be very good in SC6
[Venom Wings]BB,BK[Wing Sobat] is very bad without PSL3
[Venom Wings]But with SC6 Holding Down PsL5: Gives Options:
- Wavering Lights
- nPsL Rc >Ro aGi
- Lo K
- PsL5 right into BL.
- Psl2 Li
And now in SC6 they removed it LMAO [Venom Wings].Lololol

EVo2018:
He looked like he wasn't comfortable playing Maxi.lolololol
Did I just See X rape: B, Ro A with RE... and you all still think BAK not Knocking Down is nothing BIG..LMAO.. "but its not Funny."
Does current Ro B Break Attack?? If not its even worse now.. and it doesn't even have SC5 Ro B[Hydra Talons] CH properties.

22K Low doesn't hard knock down but Ivy's does..lololol

Last edited:
for PSL5/ nPSL you press nothing and maxi loops, it seems to me that holding down during stance is its own new jank and not PSL5.

for PSL5/ nPSL you press nothing and maxi loops, it seems to me that holding down during stance is its own new jank and not PSL5.
we have seen in 2 different vids where Lo goes into [Rc>Ro Normal] & Lo into BL [SC6]Maybe. Normal was nPsL. other was "Lo into BL maybe" and it was all "Standing Still"
Yeah, I know. I tried holding down and Maxi just exited looping.
If this Maxi doesn't have PsL3 or a new kind of [Option] on command control PsL. Its Not Enough.
22K no Hard Knockdown sweep. BAK no KnockDown. "Loss of Stance Canyon Carve[Li Bg]" Its Not Enough.

This is what Im expecting
Dumb Down Explanation: AA into RC
AA into RC PsL3 Li. "Standing Still"
AA into RC PsL5 Ro. "Standing Still" Holding Down.. if there is no PsL5 Jump
AA into RC PsL4 Lo. "Standing Still" Holding Up.. if there is no PsL4 jump
[Options]

If the current state of Maxi is what Namco wants with no [Options].. HORRIBLE.
If an Upgraded [SC3:AE Tira] Foundation is in SC6. She's my SC6 main. then Taki, Talim, Groh, Raph, Zasa.

Last edited:
BAK can knockdown if you hold the K a little.

As it is, it seems to me that Maxi's going to be built around baiting GI/RE and opening up looping via guard breaks making them hesitate to use those defensive mechanics. There's a lot of mindgame potential within the loops as is.

The issue there is they really don't have to engage with that thanks to backdash cancel.

BAK can knockdown if you hold the K a little.
22K can knockdown if you hold the K a little. I can see it now BAK hits Not knockingdown, try to 6A+B on spin-stun ..But Ivy, Zasa pull a Random CE. or [SCB] Pushes u away creating distance.
As it is, it seems to me that Maxi's going to be built around baiting GI/RE and opening up looping via guard breaks making them hesitate to use those defensive mechanics. There's a lot of mindgame potential within the loops as is.
Might as well play a BB, stab character.
The issue there is they really don't have to engage with that thanks to backdash cancel.
So So right no clue why they even Bothered with:
WL B for chasing
Ro K Star Gale for chasing but its a high
Watching Ivy backdash after 236B; forcing, into Li B to chase her. but getting punished after it. Li A gets Ducked. Li K can chase.
Oh crap, no Li Bg>Ro to make her freeze and guard. [its ok Canyon Carve does nothing important]

X RE'ing "B, Ro A" is no big deal hold K and hope RE doesn't hit. or Better yet Hope "B, Ro B" doesnt get RE'ed
You know that would make Maxi Top God Tier OP. IF instead of aGi/aIPp, if in any PsL/S-Ts he could input ReverseEdge.

At this point Im TROLLIN...Next Bulid will TeLL Everything.

Last edited:
Back