Maxi General Q&A

oh ok. Didnt think of that. Ill try that.

But yeah RC AB seems to whiff a lot more after RO B that A+Bg. Prolly cause it puts you at a weird angle. Im guessing.

HRD

I haven't had too many problems with RO B causing a whiff. There are some situations but as you said, it's probably due to the angle. RC A should track a bit but eh.

So a midst all of Maxi's pure awesomeness and rape, what tier do you think he'd be put in? He hits much nastier than he did in IV. Hell this is probably the best Maxi out of all the installments.

Hey guys. Just wondering how you deal with Natsus that like to use A+B often. It jumps lows, hits mid, sidesteps Bs, and seems to be safe on block. What's worse, is that when I do manage to hit them out of it mid air, they fall to the floor and out of any standard combos or mixups I do. And once they are on the ground, if I find myself in a stance or unable to block, I have to worry about CH rising K. How do you deal with it?

Hey guys. Just wondering how you deal with Natsus that like to use A+B often. It jumps lows, hits mid, sidesteps Bs, and seems to be safe on block. What's worse, is that when I do manage to hit them out of it mid air, they fall to the floor and out of any standard combos or mixups I do. And once they are on the ground, if I find myself in a stance or unable to block, I have to worry about CH rising K. How do you deal with it?

Post moved to proper thread

Not really. I seldom use the aGI since i never really used it in sc4 due to its horrible-ness. I learn things all the time. Like i dint really know you can CE after the aGI. I really need to hit the lab. Ive been going off a mixture of what these say vs what i like. Thats why i keep mr. Blaze around. LOL

BTW. Are we officially NOT calling this Wavering Light. Technically its not a stance i guess :(

I really should test damage for that... but my reflexes tell me to do 66B+K XD
Occasionally I'll do 11_77A BL KK BE

@hero
Does that tech trap by chance like the 3B combo does?

aGI -> CE = 80+ dmg, passes 90 on clean hits
aGI -> 66B = 55-60 dmg iirc

I prefere 66 B+K, does a little bit more damage and we are not in stance after it
I really hate being in stance while my opponent is down, I heard on a stream that this was scary to see Maxi on top of you looping his stance, but I don't understand that : Maxi is totally blind when he is in stance in front of a downed opponent, they can roll around all they want
I tried to use more 66B last evening against a Cervantes, the result is that I ate more backthrow in one evening than since I bought SC5 :s
So, when I go for 66B on a downed opponent, I go for PL2 => guard, or PL1 LO K, that's all. LO B is to unsafe to take the risk

66B on ground hit to LO B is uninterruptable and hits ground so i mix with LO K, so if they get up I try to make them tech and block LI (B) or LI K for adv and pressure. Sometimes I let LO run its course and do RC A delay B BE for additional pressure. It all matters to what I see or think the opponent is doing. I like the flow of it. Uninterruptable setups make warm and fuzzy inside

66B is a picky move to do outside combos....it's just soooo linear

So was playing around yesterday with various WS options. WS A (even at mid to tip range) will turn your oponent in such a way that you can immediatly grab them for the old right side throw that leads to BL K BE stuff. Didnt test it on every character but its pretty consistant from what I was playing with.

May not be totally useful, but gives just one more option for WS stuff.

11_77A isn't confirmed, but will hit if they choose to roll or stay down, and the BL KK BE will pick up.
Best scenarios would be that it ROs or w!

Yeah its safe on hit but sometimes you might hit them at max range and the last low which will stagger them a little bit will miss and give them guaranteed punishment. I noticed this some time ago.

Back