Maxi General Q&A

Just use 6A. So what if its high, it hurts people that step.

Yeah i should have clarified, i don't wanna do high tracking moves because of moves that tech highs namely Pyrrahs 22_88K which steps and also techs highs. I was hoping 3K does the trick but to maxi's left she will still step it. Oh well, just gotta deal with it i guess.

yeah, you just gotta deal with that move. Space her and punish or something if she just starts trying to spam it. Or duck punish it since its high.

Yeah i should have clarified, i don't wanna do high tracking moves because of moves that tech highs namely Pyrrahs 22_88K which steps and also techs highs. I was hoping 3K does the trick but to maxi's left she will still step it. Oh well, just gotta deal with it i guess.

If you're really desperate, mix with 44A and hope it's not punished. Maybe it won't if used sparingly. They're not supposed to be able to step 3K so readily. If they are then that's cuz you're being passive. Get closeish to her and do 2As, throws and 1K. Avoid trying to stop step from far out if she's waiting on you to try to stop step from far out.
Not sure if that made sense to you lol

The only 3 hit string that ends in a GB would have to be a fully charged LI B. After LI B on block, it guard crushes so well that the follow up "backhand EX" or LI A as we call it, is gauranteed. theres nothing you can do about it!

Could be wrong....prolly am, but its the only GB into a guaranteed LI A I can think of!! If for some strange reason I am correct. That fully charged LI B is VERY sidesteppable to Maxi's right. Opens him up for a big fat punishment. The maxi player you were playing prolly isnt very well versed in the ways of the nunchuck swinger, and really shouldnt be using that move.....unless its working.....LOL

HRD

Hmm funny I seem to recall hitting you with this move repeatedly ?

Also someone explain the benifits of 1K i see people saying get those 1K's in but what the hell for? lol

Not at all, it gives much ground advantage (as with most if not all 2Ks). Also because of WS B+K I think it's even useful to continue your flow, even at disadv on normal hit on standing opponent

Hey guys,
Does anyone get use out of A+B and 4A+B? A+B is fast but hella unsafe, and 4A+B is slow... and still unsafe. What gives?
I'm also not quite sure when to use 6B4 and 236K. I guess they're what you would call "meaty" hits, but they're also terrible on block and fairly slow.

4A+B steps back a surprising distance. i find this most useful against other maxis ( i play a lot of mirrors) they do 6A i do 4A+B and back step the ROA normally, obviously bit range dependant.

A+B is a fairly good interupt and can be canceled.

CHA+B lifts high for a good W! or CHA+BgRCAB(BE)~LIA(B)

6B4 with wall to left is amazing and 6B4g fastest cancel apparently leaves you at +8 frames in to LI

236K is best used for obvious TC (best aginst nightys GS Stance)

I still don't agree with using 236K vs GS, because GS A GIs it and it's slow. Two things that don't work well vs GS. You need a fast TC horizontal to counter GS.

I like 4A+B cuz it's hard to punish due to stagger depending on how you use it. I also like that it is NC now. I hate A+B...with a passion

a+bG is good after LI K, though. A+B has some use.

I'd rather use 6A+B against Nightmare.

I've never found 236K useful, same with 6B4. I usually use them when I'm just playing around in a match.

What's the use of 1A? Doesn't look like it combos into anything, seems slow. I haven't used it but it looks like it has some TC frames pretty late into the move, and doesn't seem very useful.

Same thing with 3A, is there any use for it? I hated that move in SC4 and I don't think it's any better anymore.

I don't even find it good after LI K, the RC A whiffs a lot.

6A+B again is a vertical and fails vs GS A

6B4 is an awesome screening move and LI K block setup. 236K bills gauge and can be cancelled anytime and is FC

1A is slow, but has a tricky animation to it, resembles another move can't remember which. It's safeish as well.

3A blows

I think a+bG RC AB is just a timing issue, in my experience it's not based on spacing or characters. Haven't tried this in training mode, just my experience from matches.

Hey HDR thanks for the feedback on the stance chart I took it down cause it was exploding too many people's brains out. Good job on moderating and helping the sc community.

Reactions: HRD
Hey HDR thanks for the feedback on the stance chart I took it down cause it was exploding too many people's brains out. Good job on moderating and helping the sc community.

Its cool man. I re-opened it though. Its a nice idea and I like it. Just needs to be simplified for newer players.

I've noticed myself wiffing with the good old RC~AB in a few situations and was wondering if you guys could explain.
I don't remember the exact strings it missed, but I believe this one wiffs occasionally.
22A~K~A+Bg~AB.
Sometimes they just fall to the ground before the RC AB has a chance to hit. Could it be because of the number of stuns? Like if 22A stuns, then the following K stuns will the stun from A+Bg be the max number of stuns available so the combo falls though?

This happens to me some to. I thought it was cause i hit RC AB to slow. When you hit A+Bg i think u have to commit right away to your follow up. Not like in sc4 where u had a sec or two. Hit confirming in this game is whacky compared to sc4.

HRD

Actually you don't have to commit right away after A+Bg. Just input and release A+Bg quickly, and you can actually confirm into RC AB. I was having trouble with a lot of stuff like that at first since I often held guard during stance in SC4. If you do that in SCV you can't get any attacks out.

But as for opponents simply collapsing after A+Bg, I've never actually seen that in SCV (it was an issue in SC4 if you CH from certain angles). I don't think it's the number of stuns, because it doesn't fail often. I have had plenty of problems with RC AB whiffing after RO B though.

I found a combo where this always fails and I don't know why at all.
6B4g~K A+Bg AB
RC AB never hits and it really looks like it should.
I'm training against Pyrrah by the way, but I don't think that is the reason.

Alright, some times I'm hitting her the majority of the time I'm not. I think it has to do with spacing. You need to be at tip/max range I believe.

Back