Maxi General Q&A

11_77A is definitely safe on hit
Against a rolling opponent it is very much worth the reward

To be clear 11A is NOT safe on hit. Mitsu's 6B9 for eg punishes as well as Raph's 6BB.
It is safe however on GROUNDED opponents. In fact it gives adv vs grounded.
Another positive, BL A escapes a lotta punishment option

WR B+K into BL tricks is pretty awesome. But the sure fire punish will be WR B. I recently learned you can CE after a successful hit! Ive tried it out numerous times and is now my staple for punishment for moves that I have ducked. It really teaches your opponent to not just bust out throws all willy nilly!!

Most people I have come across are pretty much Maxi ignorant. Maxi is still seen as a joke character like he was in SC4. Punsih hard, punish big. Make your opponent respect maxi and in a big hurry. Its still really early in the game but maxi has taken a few tournies and is commonly placed in top 8 in other tournies.

It does blow em back. Back maxi also takes a step forward. If 2B+K B is guaranteed after WR B, then a CE is most certainly within range of hitting!!

LOL for real? wtf and its 2k,b in this one.

Damn it. I hate it when I wanna stomp on the ground and get a PSL sidestep instead. There are still a few little things that have yet to fully envelop in my brain. That seemed like an un-needed change tho. Or maybe Im just old!!

Oh the good old days of being a total newbie...I miss them.

Johnny: I'm probably going to be finally making my way back to the mother land this year. Other than the San Juan Barataria/El Socorro area I'm not sure how far I'll be able to make it out. I'll keep you posted on what I plan on doing.

Is it wrong that I cannot see 2A+B before it hits me? I can block 16ish frame lows on reaction without much problem but there is something about 2A+B that just fucks me. Any Maxi players wanna betray their player and tell me what to look for?

huuu... well... open your eyes, this move is low as hell xD

You can block 16ish frame lows on reaction ? that means you have never ever been hit by BL K K or BL B B, impressive ! I want to see some epic replay of you :P

Seriously, if you had problem reading the difference between 1A and 22A, maybe I could help you... but 2A+B is really really slow... guess you just need to train a bit more against Maxi

Is it wrong that I cannot see 2A+B before it hits me? I can block 16ish frame lows on reaction without much problem but there is something about 2A+B that just fucks me. Any Maxi players wanna betray their player and tell me what to look for?
At a guess, I'd suggest that it has a lot to do with Maxi's nasty mids. He doesn't give you a ton of incentive to duck as it is.

huuu... well... open your eyes, this move is low as hell xD

You can block 16ish frame lows on reaction ? that means you have never ever been hit by BL K K or BL B B, impressive ! I want to see some epic replay of you :P

Seriously, if you had problem reading the difference between 1A and 22A, maybe I could help you... but 2A+B is really really slow... guess you just need to train a bit more against Maxi

It's i30 for the full 2 hit. The low seems to hit much sooner. I've trained for a long time against his movelist and just can't read when it's coming, only try to block in anticipation. BL K K/BL B B is just a legit mixup. Something like 1BA BL KK or 1BAK is something to react against for a judgment call. I'm pretty certain most people can block 1As (or similar) that are higher than i16 on reaction most of the time. Obviously not all of the time.

I do agree that I just don't block low against Maxi in general because of how much damage he deals for an incorrect duck read. But I don't know what I'm looking for or if I'm looking for the wrong things.

Back