Maxi General Q&A

Some major changes to the Maxi SA is coming this weekend. I gotta merge some threads and unsticky some things, and generally organize threads and work on the wiki (Which I could use help on). Then come monday I will anounce the big change.

Making changes to the video list and wiki today. some threads may be closed periodically for construction purposes. The changes made are a mixture of what the admins want vs what I want. The "stickied threads" policy has changed so please dont be discouraged. It is strictly for organazation purposes only.

I do have the power to have the SA as I see fit as well. So this particular SA will be the "punk rawk" SA compared to the other SA's

Ok spent like 3 or 4 hours today reorganizing things:

-I updated the stickied video thread with essential vids, lemme know of any others you think may be just as needed.
-Updated the wiki using the guide that came out PRE_PATCH! fixes for that are currently under way.
-asked those that made combo lists to please update with post patch fixes
-Stickied, merged, & deleted threads of thier intended purpose.

If you see anything thats wrong. Please notify me ASAP and I will make corrections. If you see something and dont tell me......I CANNOT FIX IT!!

So on to my big announcement. *drum roll please*. Big things have come up in my real life that will hinder me from being a proper mod. These are good things (I will be opening my own shop again real soon). SO I have notified to admins about my leaving. Im not sure if a co-mod will be assigned or I will replaced entirely. Im hoping to still be a mod but more of just the "clean and organize" guy. Ive had a blast and am real proud of the Maxi SA. Of all the editing I did today, I didnt have to clean up 1 single thread or delete 1 single post. Yall have made my life really easy compared to other SA's.

So I hope yall think I did a good job. I had a lot of guidance from other/former mods that really helped me out a lot along the way. I really hope that I will just be a c0-mod, but I know the admins will make the right choice. And its not like Im leaving and going away. I will just be spending a lot less time here is all.

Those that might wanna take on the challenge of being the maxi SA mod, Hit me up in a PM and Ill set what I can do. Im really hoping I hear fram a certain person, who knows who he is, will step up and maybe wanna take the job. *COUGH COUGH*

HRD

Can someone explain to me how/what a matchup chart would look like? Like would it be a seperate tier list of characters with the top being the worst match ups for maxi and the bottom the best? Or like what?
I'm quite interested in the concept. I've just never seen a match up chart before.

I put one up in the old SC4 maxi thread. Its just a general Excel chart consisting of numbers that look like 2/8, 1/9, 0/10 (at least thats what the SC4 chart looked like)

So to sum it up its done on an Excel sheet

Maxi's aGI... How does it work?
I thought it was only verticals. I've GI'd horizontals with it including 2A's. Only thing it seems to not GI is kicks.

It won't GI highs?

Nope doesn't need to, most of the stances have a way with dealing with highs.
Picture AA on block, 3Ks are usually the only 'real' punisher as RC KK will counter all highs, WL will GI any non kick that isn't high, and RC A will counter anything too slow that will stop WL, RC B will counter any Low, or special low.

It's for this reason i still use AA...I just can't help myself but use it to be honest. Bad as it is on block people usually are not content with punishing with 3K haha

Nope doesn't need to, most of the stances have a way with dealing with highs.
Picture AA on block, 3Ks are usually the only 'real' punisher as RC KK will counter all highs, WL will GI any non kick that isn't high, and RC A will counter anything too slow that will stop WL, RC B will counter any Low, or special low.

It's for this reason i still use AA...I just can't help myself but use it to be honest. Bad as it is on block people usually are not content with punishing with 3K haha
Interesting, I'll have to try and incorporate it more.
Now to go see if it's NC :D

Ok, so I never bothered retesting breaks and break damage because I had no idea it changed much, but I keep noticing more and more differences from the release version. Like 66A, CE, A+Bg behaving differently. Did anyone ever list the changes, or do I have to hammer EVERYTHING out in training... again?

Back