Maxi General Q&A

It seems that the backstep nerf means that characters take longer to cancel the backstep with guard
For now, you can basically backstep for free against Maxi

When I play against players that abuse the backstep guard, I don't really know what to do to gain advantage of when I know they are going to backstep, I can't punish it without taking a huge risk and nearly no reward when I read it right because they always end up blocking anyway
For now I tend to use 44K, 66B+K or 33_99B to aim for the guard crush... but it's risky...
If the nerf is good enough to let us land a CH 6A after LI K if they backstep for example, it would be a good start

They are never going to block LI K cause they are going to step it and then you're plan afterwards is to do a punishable high to catch a backdash? Sweet idea bro.

They are never going to block LI K cause they are going to step it and then you're plan afterwards is to do a punishable high to catch a backdash? Sweet idea bro.

Hey man. You dont need to come off like that. We are all friends here. If you cant play nice, then dont play! 7r17r1 has contributed a lot to this forum. And he was just using it as an example. Choose your words carefully next time please

That's not like Maxi have a lot of option to catch backdash, if you have any better one let me know :P

And I most land LI K after a PSL from LO anyway

tks HRD :*

Reactions: HRD
DumbDumber.gif

lmao!

If you do you need to start spitting jaggy poo. You're just a dirty tease.

Hey hotnippelz, soakrates wrote all the changes anyway. . ;)

What can you combo with after you connect with the auto-gi? Does 1K at least work or does auto-gi knock them back out of range? Sucks that it doesn't stun anymore I really like doing the CE after the auto-gi.

Yeah no 1K's will hit. hell 66B+K's wont even work. Skip back one page. I put up what it looks like now. It will give you a good idea of what can be done.

Good news is, is that it does wall spalt and ring out now. So aGI is gonna be VERY situational!!

What can you combo with after you connect with the auto-gi? Does 1K at least work or does auto-gi knock them back out of range? Sucks that it doesn't stun anymore I really like doing the CE after the auto-gi.

Spoke to HRD about this so i thought I'd test it out. After you Auto-GI at the wall i found you can get these;
Damage can be more as u can get a clean hit on the Auto-GI or these moves:
2K,B (56)
66B (53)
1K (43)
66B+K (55) This can be iffy sometimes and misses on certain chars
3B (48)
This i found most of these were very interesting as after most of these moves will position them so the wall is to there left so it leaves u in a good position to pressure them with 1B,A,K or 6A,A,K to splat them on the wall when they get up.

Also if u Auto-GI near a wall and it doesn't wall splat its actually not a bad thing because normally in the open the push back wont allow u to combo if they are right next to the wall and don't wall splat i found out you can get these:
66B (55)
2,K,B(55)
1K (41)
I tested everything on the normal sized chars Pat,Pyrrha then tried Raphael

All of these are what i found from doing the Auto-GI in the open;
66B (55) :D Works on everyone as far as i knew but some u gotta dash in more then others! i tested it on everyone here's results.

Who works on normally:
Raphael
Patroklos
Z.W.E.I
Ezio
Siegfried
Xiba
Cervantes
Aeon
Tira
Nightmare
Mitsurugi
Maxi
Voldo
Astaroth u can get 66B+K on him as well
Algol
A Patroklos
Edge Master

Who needs the extra dashing in for:
Natsu
Pyrrha
Viola
Leixia
Hilde
Ivy
Pyrrha Omega
Elysium

Don't have Danpierre DLC so cant test him

Meh
I double checked that and you can't combo anything if the wall splat doesn't occures, the opponent can always ukemi, apart from 1k :/

66B will still catch characters that try to roll in the middle of the stage, even to the right

but the aGI pushes pretty far back. Or do you mean when your NEAR a wall or something. Cause I could get shit to combo after it while in the open field

It's not a combo, the opponent can always ukemi to avoid the 66B
But if he wants to stay down and roll his face on the floor, he will eat the 66B
Even in open field

In the open the 66B can be rolled but if they don't knw which most people won't its still good to know. Out of all the players iv done it to none ukemi out of it....As it happens really fast as well.

I have an issue now. I know this issue is just me, not Maxi but I try to post here to hope to get some helps from other Maxi players

If I am rushdowned by the opponent with safe pokes and mix-up mid-low-Throw, I am usually confused and after that all I can attack with Maxi is only some simple moves. I know that my issue is I fear they rushdown me and when I have the chance I only try to do some simple moves with the hope they will not block. How can I improve my skill and train my brain not to fear to be rushdowned anymore to improve my defense skill ?

Sorry for my bad English skill

I know that my issue is I fear they rushdown me and when I have the chance I only try to do some simple moves with the hope they will not block. How can I improve my skill and train my brain not to fear to be rushdowned anymore to improve my defense skill ?
What it sounds like you need is just general knowledge of what your opponent can do and how you can counter. So just study the game and focus on making sharp predictions when you play.

Back