Maxi General Q&A

@Hotrod 6;B;B;B does 50d.??? *More damage, MMM, no whiffing issues, safe on grd (this has been discussed)...

On CH it does between 62 to 65. 6BBB (JF or not) is only good after LI K. The timing on the move seems to be to strict (for the JF version) and not enough positive properties to be effective.

If you are looking at the wiki (which is wrong IMO) 6BBB and 6 B;B;B have a whooping difference of 2 damage on NH. On CH 6B;B;B is like 62-65. With the timing being so strict (and better options where this move can be applied such as B+K BBBA JF) its not worth the risk.

AND...Niether of the 2 moves is MMM, they are MMH.

HRD

JF 6BBB does 50 damage on NH, 52 on CH.

Even if thats true (which I actually think it is closer to what my GUESS was) Thats crap!! +2 damage is ridiculous! with the strict timing of that JF (which is one of the hardest in the game IMO) thats not much of a reward for it, where in other characters with easier timing has more damage and combo potential afterwards. Thats why 6BBB (JF or non) is not in my arsenal AT ALL. Maxi aint got none of that!!

I totally agree with your other wishes. BL A is crap unless your fishing for a counter hit, and a nice attack throw that leads to bigger combos would be sick!! And for heaven sake YES YES YES give a god damn guaranteed follow up to stance GI's

Lets get Maxi out of the low tier stigma. Make him able to compete at least with upper mid tiers.

HRD

Let´s just hope that SCV Maxi makes all of us happy... lol seems kinda impossible. :/

Whatever, happy new year fellow Maxi players.

I meant 6BBB should be a MMM attack (wtf) those are changes I'd like to see in SC5...
Honestly though, I can imagine nothing we say (type) here will change anything anyway so I'd be happy if SC5 where to make it to store shelves... Anywho, I can't wait to do it's frame data, even if a frame book is released with the game I'll do it anyway....

Ofcourse it will change it, this is now the SC teams main place for user feedback. Where else? But your right they won't read this thread as it is and they should not. Our responsibility if we want a better Maxi in SC5 is to brainstorm here and make a datasheet of facts about Maxi they should have a look at. One of the administrators as far as I know is a mediatior between us and the developers.

Im suprised by the lack of activity here, I thought the news of sc5 would make people very active. We have an oppurtunity to make a big difference for making a balanced Maxi if we work together. Im sure the soul developers would appriciate a detailed corrdinated effort from the best Maxi players explaining how to improve him for SC5. We know more about him then they do. Thats what their effort in SC4 shows anyway.

I'm no maxi expert but I think he could use 2 A+K from SC3 as a good low from neutral. I'm pretty sure that was the input.

Maxi for sure needs an all around safer move set.

Give us a quicker blocking option out of PSL's. Dont make me go through 2 tance shifts to get to block!! Maxi is about mind games. Let us have those mind games, and make them be a bit safer!!

Give him a decent AA or BB, cause those suck ass!!
He has no quick pokes (that arent a high) out of neutral. What do we got? 2A and thats it! Bring back 3B+K! You can still leave it as part of the BL group but gives us some interupt options.

And for god sakes, Make RO B safe!! Give us a reason to use it!!

HRD

raising his overall damage is required. allowing him to cancel his stances quickly (but not instantly) with guard would help a lot too

Filthierich of Namco:http://www.8wayrun.com/threads/turn-your-voice-into-the-new-game.6513/
is asking the community directly for opinions, we can even contact him on twitter directly. This is our chance to make a report that will change Maxi to the better. I will work on it on Monday and Tuesday if I find enough time but I would also like other very experienced Maxi players to take up the task. This report needs to be signed by the greatest Maxi players as well so that it carries some weight. Perhaps a movelist run through like one in the game with comments on the moves? Name/ input/comment.

Filthierich of Namco:http://www.8wayrun.com/threads/turn-your-voice-into-the-new-game.6513/
is asking the community directly for opinions, we can even contact him on twitter directly. This is our chance to make a report that will change Maxi to the better. I will work on it on Monday and Tuesday if I find enough time but I would also like other very experienced Maxi players to take up the task. This report needs to be signed by the greatest Maxi players as well so that it carries some weight. Perhaps a movelist run through like one in the game with comments on the moves? Name/ input/comment.

Sounds good.

So far, it seems that in terms of basic moves many players seem to agree that he needs old or better B back, faster A and better pokes and low pokes(3B+K/2A+B) too.

One major thing from me, call it personal or whatever, please don't turn this shit into Tekken, i10 jabs my ass!!!
(albeit a few moves: Taki's A/ iMCF, etc...) Keep it Calibur...

GI for K attacks

Back Dash of SC2!

A+G could do a RO, he trhow the opponent away! There's no sense in this don't do a R.O!

And some Lows of SC3, like 2A+B and 3B+K out of the Stance!! That was decisive in battle!

If Amy can have 1A and Mitsurugi can have 2K B, why Maxi can't have this attacks!?

Greetings From Brazil

Reactions: HRD
GI for K attacks

Back Dash of SC2!

A+G could do a RO, he trhow the opponent away! There's no sense in this don't do a R.O!

And some Lows of SC3, like 2A+B and 3B+K out of the Stance!! That was decisive in battle!

If Amy can have 1A and Mitsurugi can have 2K B, why Maxi can't have this attacks!?

Greetings From Brazil

I agree with the low and R.O throw parts.

Time to throw a curveball, not going into specific moves because it'll likely change:

Maxi should have taunts that damage the opponent's soul gauge (cannot soul crush though). They'll probably be more humiliating as the opponent's gauge turns red. The taunts should take around 40-60 frames to complete, but are have a minimum duration before it's guard-cancelable ? Watching maxi brush his hair/thumb his nose/wag his finger/(or even licking the tip of his nunchuck) and sending your guard meter to flashing red would be priceless.

A large number of his moves that go into loop should have some form of guard cancel (taunt cancel would be too crazy) into neutral stance.

Remove all of his aGIs (Maxi shouldn't be able to parry - or even block for that matter - with nunchuks). He should replace his aGIs, however, with auto-evades for more style. Bonus points if the evasion stance looks like his taunt stance!

He should be one of the top soul crushing potential'd charcters.

Maxi should not (imo) have a great low (ie fast, decent ranged, and relatively safe) from neutral simply because it'll encourage maxi not to take risks to go into stance. This'll defeat the purpose of his design because he has the potential to be the character most heavily involved in his stances due to the complexity of the transient nature of his looping stances. He does not seem to be the guy that relies on a safe BB, a fast AA, a decent low, and stepping to win. They overdid it in SC4 with the mediocrity of those moves.

It sounds like i'm pigeonholing him into a "stance-based CH fisher and a soul gauge wrecker to beat turtler", but o well.

Time to throw a curveball, not going into specific moves because it'll likely change:

Maxi should have taunts that damage the opponent's soul gauge (cannot soul crush though). They'll probably be more humiliating as the opponent's gauge turns red. The taunts should take around 40-60 frames to complete, but are have a minimum duration before it's guard-cancelable ? Watching maxi brush his hair/thumb his nose/wag his finger/(or even licking the tip of his nunchuck) and sending your guard meter to flashing red would be priceless.

A large number of his moves that go into loop should have some form of guard cancel (taunt cancel would be too crazy) into neutral stance.

Remove all of his aGIs (Maxi shouldn't be able to parry - or even block for that matter - with nunchuks). He should replace his aGIs, however, with auto-evades for more style. Bonus points if the evasion stance looks like his taunt stance!

He should be one of the top soul crushing potential'd charcters.

Maxi should not (imo) have a great low (ie fast, decent ranged, and relatively safe) from neutral simply because it'll encourage maxi not to take risks to go into stance. This'll defeat the purpose of his design because he has the potential to be the character most heavily involved in his stances due to the complexity of the transient nature of his looping stances. He does not seem to be the guy that relies on a safe BB, a fast AA, a decent low, and stepping to win. They overdid it in SC4 with the mediocrity of those moves.

It sounds like i'm pigeonholing him into a "stance-based CH fisher and a soul gauge wrecker to beat turtler", but o well.

#1 interesting idea
#2 great idea
#3 Ummm No
#4 Ummm Maybe not top, but a better CF game would be good
#5 Ummm....Hell no!!

Just my spammin opinion

HRD

Back