Maxi General Q&A

The only 2 I've discovered (probably due to lack of trying) are against Natsu.

B (K) you can 2 B+K out of that if you see it coming early enough, leading to a guaranteed RO B combo.
PO A+B can also be 2B+K into a free RO combo. The timing for this one's a bit less strict and I find myself going to it over something like 6A+B

thread moved. no need for its own thread.

just like in SC4, they are pretty much useless.

However to anit natsu PO A+B (thats her UB right) is something i keep eating over and over cause I try to step it. Turns out its pretty hard to step. Ima have to try that!

On occasion I like to try a 8B+K, LI K, CE. works somewhat ok. Not something to whore out tho for sure.

thread moved. no need for its own thread.

just like in SC4, they are pretty much useless.

However to anit natsu PO A+B (thats her UB right) is something i keep eating over and over cause I try to step it. Turns out its pretty hard to step. Ima have to try that!

On occasion I like to try a 8B+K, LI K, CE. works somewhat ok. Not something to whore out tho for sure.

in SCIV i actually found these moves useful since you could do them while in stance but now its just like meh
recently ive been doing 2B+K RO B fishing for the CH but if they decide to block for some reason you are positive enough to get off his Auto GI
Also for natsu's UB just JG it its Uber slow

The only 2 I've discovered (probably due to lack of trying) are against Natsu.

B (K) you can 2 B+K out of that if you see it coming early enough, leading to a guaranteed RO B combo.
PO A+B can also be 2B+K into a free RO combo. The timing for this one's a bit less strict and I find myself going to it over something like 6A+B
hmm this is a good tid bit ty
Im gonna just mess around with it tonight see if i find anything useful

Hi, I like Maxi but I suck with him so I have a few questions.

1. I assume I should be cancelling loops halfway through to keep the opponent guessing. How do I do this?
2. When learning his stances, did it take just games to get to know them or did you have to consciously go into training mode etc to learn them?
3. Are moves like BBBK even viable? Seems like non-scrub players pick up on this string pretty quickly and counter it seeing as its one of Maxis basic ones

1. Usually canceling loops doesn't work all that well. Keep them tight and learn to hit confirm.
2. It's mainly a matter of learning the rhythm. It pays to sit down and learn them just so you can make heads or tails of the strategy discussion though.
3. AA and BB kinda suck with Maxi. 4BB, 1B, 44B, 2A, 6A, 6A+B, 3k, 1K are probably his best pokes.

1) I suppose you mean just pressing G? to cancel stance?
2) Takes experience imo, but now it is more simpler, just know which moves goes into which stance 1st
3) BB LO B catches quite well surprisingly

1. I assume I should be cancelling loops halfway through to keep the opponent guessing. How do I do this?
You shouldn't be focused on looping or any tricks to get damage. It's better to know your most effective options, know what your opponent can do, and make good reads than to confuse them into dropping their guard. After you get what's important down you'll probably have already picked up a few neat tricks.

2. When learning his stances, did it take just games to get to know them or did you have to consciously go into training mode etc to learn them?
When I first learned Maxi's stances I fumbled around blindly for a couple months and only came away with favorite 'strings'. So I'd suggest you sit in training and figure out a few things. The smartest thing to do is to look for useful moves and figure out in advance how to respond when you enter stance. Trying to memorize everything is daunting and not helpful.

3. Are moves like BBBK even viable? Seems like non-scrub players pick up on this string pretty quickly and counter it seeing as its one of Maxis basic ones
Know the weaknesses of your moves but use whatever you think will hit and don't stop until the opponent proves it to be a bad idea. BBBK particularly is almost useless, but not completely, there are times to throw it out.

Hi, I like Maxi but I suck with him so I have a few questions.

1. Depends on the move. If someone guards something that's really unsafe you might want to guard. Otherwise if you have a combo going there's no reason to stop it. Maxi (sadly) doesn't really just loop around a whole lot.
2. For me it was a mix between training and games. SCV has a great training mode so take advantage of that. In all honesty my first Maxi matches were just a lot of random button pressing to see what options I had available to me after each move, and that helped me also figure out what moves come out of each of his stances.
3. It depends on how you mix things up. The nice thing about Maxi as opposed to other characters is that his moves like that aren't set in stone. If this were Natsu and everyone started ducking that kick it'd be a worthless move. After the BBB if you don't do the K it brings you into the Right Cross stance (RC), which has the A B move that's a fast mid. If they duck it a lot then hit them with that and get some good damage, or you can use the kicks from that stance if they don't duck and hopefully hit them with the lows. Marginal's list of pokes is also pretty spot on.

All TC moves have had shitty TC frames since SC4, really.

Although to be fair, your Sc3 was different from mine.

236k has great TC frames, in fact I used it similar to the old 6A+B
But 1K doesn't exactly TC, I never really ducked anything since the beginning of SC1

FC means you recover crouching, like 1K, 2A, 11_44_77K kind of moves
TC means you recover standing, 236K, 6A+B is in this group

B+K if you expect a 2A or B or just want to go out of loop ASAP
LI A if you expect a slow retailation or backdash
LI B if you expect something that could beat B+K or a vertical

What's the best thing to do after either a blocked or whiffed 66B?

Honestly on whiff you should prepare to eat a combo, so don't press anything else to prevent taking CH damage
On block against slower characters like Sieg NM etc, B+K all their non kick WS options, but prepare to eat a flap jack, so B+K while preparing to break a 50-50 throw.
Most people should know better on how to punish a -50 move already by now

Back