Maxi Post Patch Discussion

I'll still use LI A without BE for combo enders, even before the patch, the BE should be saved for 6A+B and BL KK options

I use my meter almost exclusively for 6A+B LI A punishments before and after the patch. You get more damage out of 2 6A+B LI A punishments than you do out of the CE. The only time I use LI A BE is if I can see I need that tiny little extra damage boost for the KO, and the only time I really use the BL KK BE is if I know I could get a ringout from it. Otherwise it doesn't do enough damage compared to the boost you get from the 6A+B BE. It does look a lot cooler, though. I'll give it that.

I think what he means is that after a fully charged LI B that LI A is guaranteed. It's not worth using the BE in that case. You'd get much more use out of that meter with 6A+B. LI A without the BE is already guaranteed after the full LI B, and the damage boost with is pretty small. Maybe if you can see you're close to the edge and the slight boost in push could give you a ring out then maybe try going for it.

Just a tiny technicality. LI B full charge GUARANTEES LI A, it's not a frame trap. It's more like a combo :)

Just remember guys, if you really like using 22A, remember the LI A BE cannot be stepped after you block it.
Also after 6B4G fastest cancel, not even REGULAR LI A can be stepped.

I use 6b4g A BE all the time, that plus if I want to show off I go 6b4G K A+BG A.B BE A BE, it doesnt do as much damage as it used to do but its still fun.

@cruznik
no no no, 6B4~G LI A is NOT a combo, just an uninterruptable, unsteppable string
LI B GB -> LI A is the combo
First one is a trap, second is combo

@Neo_ramirez
Watch your notations! ;) make it clearer

personally i think with stance makes it clearer

6b4G K A+BG A.B BE A BE

should to me read

6b4G~LIK a+bG~RCA.B(BE)~LIA(BE)

also anyone with common sense would just block after bolocking 6b4G i mean your options are pants.
LIA i15 unstepable and uninterupable = -1000 on block
LIA(BE) (i15 as above just a bit safer) = -999 on block
LIK i20 = +4 thats ok keeps them trapped but its a high
LIB i25 = -5 and your still in LI meaing your fastest move is now i20 and stepable.
LI{B} i56 = ill just take a nice leasurly step around you.

yes i know it does still work sometimes but if they block and youve done LIA prepare to get beat up your best hope is that they block the LIK and you can keep pressure if they block your LIB your probably gonna take a bit of damage and if you charge your probably gonna get interupted.

I think I said this a lot of time, but even before the patch LI A (BE or not) was steppable after 6B4G by a lot of character... I didn't even test it after the patch but there is no reason you shouldn't be able to step
With a quick step, maxi, raphael, leixia, natsu and, I guess, a lot more, were able to avoid LI A

Anyway, it still a reaction trap since the 6B4G is really fast
(or maybe you are talking about a 6B4G that actually hit... but it would be useless, no ? :P)

I use 6b4g A BE all the time, that plus if I want to show off I go 6b4G K A+BG A.B BE A BE, it doesnt do as much damage as it used to do but its still fun.

my notations are clear as hell, I didn't throw extra stances in there before you dont switch or cancel any stances, you go straight into the button presses. You don't need to say LI A LO B all the damn time in a combo because obviously if you do the move there is only one stance you will go into unless you switch it by pressing a direction.

Youre notations are correct. But we like detail. It is essential to get players not familiar with maxi, up to speed and with the game. Maxi has various stance shifts that can be implimented during combos, and by not putting the stance notation, will just confuse everyone. So I ask nicley (this time) just put the stance notations in there. No big deal.

And when one of the maxi players asks you politley to use notations. You will not spout off all angry and such. We have resons for our madness!!

HRD

Anybody know any good uses of 3A? I want to start using it more but the only viable option after inputting it would be LI B for the sidestep and with the patch LI A can be stepped -_- Any suggestions? Use it? Don't use it?

Anybody know any good uses of 3A? I want to start using it more but the only viable option after inputting it would be LI B for the sidestep and with the patch LI A can be stepped -_- Any suggestions? Use it? Don't use it?
Well, it is kinda slow so it might screw up someone's JG timing...

I have not found ANY uses for 3A at all. In fact I get pissed when I want 6A or 2A and get 3A the get a punishment to the face.

3A's properties are just horendous. Even to get to LI takes like what feels like 10 minutes by that time youve already taken 5 hits to the dome.

Id like to hear if anyone has proper uses for it to, cause that move now just pisses me off

3A's good to "prove" you're not a spammer. Throw that one out and online knows you're legit. Otherwise, I just miss the elbow Maxi used to always have.

Back