Maxi - Unlisted Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaya

[09] Warrior
Thread for moves that are not listed in the move list.

Old Text in Spoiler
So far I've only found one so far. Hopefully there are a few more.

RO ~ A (BE)
**Correction**
LI ~ A (BE)
(Thank you howiplaythisgame)
I checked the move list, didn't see it displayed as a BE move but apparently it is.
Standard damage (35) BE damage (60)
These numbers are on standard/non-clean hits.

I checked online and didn't see any thread like this one or mention of LI~A being BE. I may have missed it as I am still exploring the Maxi forum; sorry if I have.

Updated List of Unlisted Maxi Moves!

LI ~ A (BE)
8A+B
WS B+Kg ~ RO

As of now (2/8/12) this looks like all of them so far.

i can't get RO A to come out as BE, i just get B+K. the damage numbers you listed though seem to match up with LI A's damage numbers. what does the move you were referring to look like? LI A looks like a backfist that hits mid and doesn't go into another stance.

Maybe hes talking about LI A? I think thats in the move list. I know RO A on normal hit does no where near 35 damage

Yeah... after reading howiplaythisgame's reply it looks like it is LI A. Sorry.

I see. I did it today by accident. Is it any good? Frames, stun, combos, sucking ass, anything?

Well, it has a special property where if you use it against me I think of SC4 Maxi and then die a little inside. Makes that match-up much easier.

Edit: Seriously though, I don't have the guide, and I got kinda curious so I just messed with it a little - it's CE punishable and has a little whiffing issue, but I jumped 66B and landed a clean hit for 65 damage... Not really excited about it.

Well, it has a special property where if you use it against me I think of SC4 Maxi and then die a little inside. Makes that match-up much easier.

Ha, ha, ha, ha!!! Yeah, of course, that was part of the desing.

I will check it, see if I find something worthy.

I was thinking with 8A+B,since he jumps you could punish lows by option selecting it while guarding,like fuzzy guarding but with an OS attack,anyway turns out you can but if the low isnt super slow then you can get hit out of startup,but I did come across something you guys may or may not be aware of,not maxi specific but you can hold guard and plink B and A.Doing that will tech both A+G and B+G throws as well as guarding attacks.I was thinking you could apply that to fuzzy guard by holding G tapping up then plinking B and A shortly after to block,tech throws,and jump lows.Not sure if that worked in the older SCs as I am new to SC,sorry if this is old news.I tried OSing an attack in there but Maxi's 7_8_9 attacks are all pretty lackluster.Obviously the fuzzy guard can get blown up though.

Edit:Tested it now,it works.The only problem is the reliability of it,there is much more time between each upward tap meaning quick lows can still hit you often,and throws will still get you sometimes too.I think that with practice you could do it much faster and make it more effective but I am not very good at doing it without screwing up atm.Not quite sure how useful this will be sadly :( .I made a small video demonstrating,let me know if you guys wanna see it,I will post it in the vid thread if so.

Ha i found 8A+B yesterday on my own on accident. I did a sweet wall combo and then accidentally did it, but it hit grounded for me and won the match since they didn't tech, highly doubt it's useful but that's something.

It does solid guard damage.
On another note, when you GI an aerial attack like say 66K You're reflected in the air and when you land you lose a varying amount of damage WITHOUT OPPONENT HITTING YOU, plus they get wake up opportunity. GIs HURT aerial attacks severly!!. I lost almost 25% when 8A+B was GId

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back