Men of the FGC

Like many things in this society. Women have played the victim card and led us to believe there is a giant gap in female gamers. Studies have shown that 48% of the gaming population are now women. Done by a study from the ESA in 2014.

Alex mate, do you ever just... think? What do you think 48% of women are actually doing? This might come as a shocker for you but Facebook games, mobile games and dun dun dunnn THE SIMS would make them 'gamers'.

Do you really think that caliber of gamers has anything to do with competitive fighting games? or competitive anything? No, but some study said one vague fact and therefore women must be manipulating us to.....whatever the fuck you're arguing against.

Alex mate, do you ever just... think? What do you think 48% of women are actually doing? This might come as a shocker for you but Facebook games, mobile games and dun dun dunnn THE SIMS would make them 'gamers'.

Do you really think that caliber of gamers has anything to do with competitive fighting games? or competitive anything? No, but some study said one vague fact and therefore women must be manipulating us to.....whatever the fuck you're arguing against.

Why are you literally the stupidest person I know. Did I ever say this was Soul Calibur? There hasn't been a study on Soul Calibur gamers, much less the competitive scene. The whole point is that Pocky Yoshi thought the women gamers were 10% of the scene, when proof shows otherwise. Similar to how everytime you post, you further show how incredibly moronic you are.

Why are you literally the stupidest person I know. Did I ever say this was Soul Calibur? There hasn't been a study on Soul Calibur gamers, much less the competitive scene. The whole point is that Pocky Yoshi thought the women gamers were 10% of the scene, when proof shows otherwise. Similar to how everytime you post, you further show how incredibly moronic you are.

I guess Men Of The FGC means something else than.

Don't let the farmville players oppress you, you are stronger than dis.

Well you didn't respond the first time. Does feminism have a male counter part?
Masculinism and the men's rights would be it's counterpart, and no I personally don't know of any organizations for lobbying. But what rights have we lost? I already admitted in my previous posts that people abuse the system, but what specifically?

Masculinism and the men's rights would be it's counterpart, and no I personally don't know of any organizations for lobbying. But what rights have we lost? I already admitted in my previous posts that people abuse the system, but what specifically?

The biggest change to the man/woman dynamic has been socially rather than legally. Perceptions of women constantly being the victim. Often in most cases, aren't necessarily backed by supporting evidence. That it's been socially acceptable for groups of women to fight for their rights but taboo and wrong for men to do the same.

In terms of legally. Many cases where the woman is the one doing the abusing. Their sentence/punishment are dramatically less severe than men put in the same exact situation. I think you also mentioned custody rights which is another example of men having it worse. There are tons of small things I can go one about. For instance, women can fail the tests for being a cop or firefighter and still get the job. A man cannot do the same.

The only Men's Rights activists I can think of is "Fathers for Justice" - And they make their points by uh, dressing up as Superheroes, so it isn't difficult to see why people don't take them seriously.

The only Men's Rights activists I can think of is "Fathers for Justice" - And they make their points by uh, dressing up as Superheroes, so it isn't difficult to see why people don't take them seriously.

From my research, I've found it more acceptable for people to bring up mens rights in the UK. More research/awareness is done over there also.

From my research, I've found it more acceptable for people to bring up mens rights in the UK. More research/awareness is done over there also.

Even then it's still thin ice, but yeah there tends to be a lot of independent studies with less political objectives in mind. Us Brits tend to do things to see if/because we can.

Even then it's still thin ice, but yeah there tends to be a lot of independent studies with less political objectives in mind. Us Brits tend to do things to see if/because we can.

When I started looking up topics. I found it interesting that most the statistics and information I would find were from the UK when it came to men's rights. Women's rights, there are obviously tons of publications, researchers, groups, and etc in the U.S. We've grown so accustomed to this imbalance of information and social power. That most people consider it normal sadly.

People get all "oh girls are 50% of gamers so we should market to them" and when you point out they're counting mobile and Facebook games they get all "why do you get to decide what a gamer is" like they somehow have more of a right to decide what a gamer is. Point is guys are still the majority of the market by a long shot because they're the ones shelling out for shit like consoles and peripherals, they're more of the money pie.

It's not about who's a gamer and who isn't because no-one even fucking cares but if you're going to market to a minority in a community then don't get your bloomers in a knot when your shit doesn't sell and gets bad press.

Well it's a two pronged attack imo. There's the double standard of the I'm a girl, I'm the victim card. This placates into videogame society and media. "Oh isn't she brave? she's braving the scary world of videogames with men. She takes a lot of courage". NO, SHE'S JUST PLAYING A VIDEO GAME. The story of a girl playing a videogame is so played out. It's like a dead horse, beating a dead horse with another dead horse.

The second part, sex sells and our community white knights women. This need to impress girls by sucking up to them extremely hard, hurts our community. Girls will get sponsors cuz they are hot and men will fanboy over them. I saw the Kayane fanboy club in person, it was quite creepy to say the least. The corporations are a big part of this mold that women are somehow more important than men in video games. But sadly we have whiteknights and fanboys also supporting this idealogy. I don't care what someone looks like if they are getting sponsored, they better know how to play.

She makes a lot of good points and I agree with a large portion of the video. But the statistics she throws at the beginning of the show are baffling. The survey from UCLA isn't really proof that there are less hardcore female gamers. Right after, she throws a statistic and doesn't cite where it came from. Almost to have that statement ride the qualifications of the UCLA research. I don't think the other statistic had to do with the research from UCLA. Also, where did it come from? Why cite where one statistic came from and not cite the other that was more important and relevant?

She makes a lot of good points and I agree with a large portion of the video. But the statistics she throws at the beginning of the show are baffling. The survey from UCLA isn't really proof that there are less hardcore female gamers. Right after, she throws a statistic and doesn't cite where it came from. Almost to have that statement ride the qualifications of the UCLA research. I don't think the other statistic had to do with the research from UCLA. Also, where did it come from? Why cite where one statistic came from and not cite the other that was more important and relevant?

The survey was ran by UCLA, but it had many colleges participate. It had the participation of 1.5 million college freshman. I really can't think of better demographic (Ages 17-19) for this particular statistic, as it would probably be the best gamer represented portion of any age group. All stats cited, outside of the obviously wrong "females make up 48% of gamers" statistic, came from this http://www.heri.ucla.edu/monographs/TheAmericanFreshman2013-Expanded.pdf

She did give credit to the source, but for whatever reason chose not link it. Hopefully that answers all your questions. Also because that document is 180 something pages long, here's the stats in gyazo form;

http://gyazo.com/5f95d77918ef5f3899063beb605ad5cd Categorization and count of all participants.

http://gyazo.com/1e048866c530388f558f37dc32efa88b Woman stats

http://gyazo.com/c78fdc13e5824559cd6e211b4b3c7b88 Man stats

Last edited:
So basically what I said last page.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Also you guys have black colleges and universities? If Google is right in its definition than that's a bigger problem than video games. lol

Back