Votes: 6 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • Not until price drops for both systems

Votes: 10 26.3%

• Total voters

PANDA

[13] Hero
President Don Mattrick announced today that the XboxOne will be getting a complete overhaul as suggested by consumers regarding issues with XboxOne. In the recent news update, Mattrick stated that these changes will be implemented prior to XboxOne's launch:

-No more online only
-No more daily check ins
-Can trade used games
-Games are disc based as usual
-No region lock
-Downloaded games function the same way, offline or online
-An internet connection is only required to set up the console

Personally, I think MS announced what they did at E3 just to see how consumers would respond and how much they could get away with (obviously makes them more money). With these stated changes, it puts XboxOne back in the competition. However, the flop makes MS seem weak, greedy, and untrustworthy. Poor-played, MS. Sticking with PS4.

Seems like MS might have tried to pull the classic "Coke/Coca-cola Classic" strategy. Note sure how well that will work with a game console.

I feel the damage has been done already but its a change that was needed imo. However, most people are still skeptical I mean microsoft was so bent on enforcing these new used games policy, 24 hour connect, and all of a sudden a complete reboot? The jury is still out on this one

Fuck. Yes.

I won't be buying either at launch, but this does make it quite possible that I'll be getting a Xbox One instead of the PS4. Not definite. Microsoft shot themselves in the foot with all that nonsense, but at least they're willing change policy. And so far, Xbox has more interesting looking exclusives in my opinion, so... I'll wait and see.

I won't be buying either at launch, but this does make it quite possible that I'll be getting a Xbox One instead of the PS4. Not definite.

couldn't have said it better myself. if the price for XB1 is lowered to closer to PS4's , it wouldn't even be a competition for me lol. i'd snap up that xbox immeidately!

BNJr_uKCEAAG2XG.jpg:large

The previous moves MS made were so consumer hostile it's mind boggling. You don't attack the people you are trying to appeal to. That's like ringing the doorbell of a girl you like then proceeding to kick the shit out of her when she opens the door.

What were they thinking? Did nobody do any market research or did they just pull a Farragut and shout "damn the torpedoes! E3 ahead!"? It just shows such a complete disconnect with reality and was such a disconnect with the reality of the install base, and so contrary to human nature that it is incredible that they even tried it. All they had to ask themselves was who likes a middle man? It had to have been born from a board room and it was suicidally stupid to try to get away with it. But I guess we can figure out what they were thinking by asking one question: Who was that meant to excite?

All that said its a smart move to remove the totalitarian DRM policies they had planned. It's for the best moving forward, but it's too late. You only get one first impression. The damage is done. They actually might have won this E3 with out that, they had a decent showing for games, but with it they launched their opening salvos at themselves. They may as well have gift wrapped it.

We will see how things work out but for my part I hope some deserving, corporate ladder climbing idiot was fired for that debacle, hell I hope everybody involved in that scheme was. The Xbox division would be that much better off. Too many sharks in the water as is ATM, coming round cause they smell money and trying to run the thing into the ground by trying to run it without understanding it.

Also korn that comic is gross please use spoilers man.

Also korn that comic is gross please use spoilers man.
Pussy

I'm Calling It Now, This Has Killed The Xbox One. It Was Designed With DRM And That Stuff In Mind, And Basically Only Provides Features That Include That In Some Way. So Now All The Xbox One Is Is a Slightky More Powerful 360 That Requires You to Get The Kinect With It. In Addition To Being Less Powerful And More Expensive Than The PS4. (Which Has Been Said Millions Of Times But Still).

Honestly The Only Reasons I'm Seeing To Buy An Xbox One Are Either Brand Loyalty Or CoD DLC Early.

Pussy
Are you more upset because you like gay sex or because you like bad web comics?
Honestly The Only Reasons I'm Seeing To Buy An Xbox One Are Either Brand Loyalty Or CoD DLC Early.

You might be right about it killing XB1, if not because of the fact it was designed with that stuff in mind and is now running crippled, then because of the huge PR hit. However, in addition to the ip's that are theirs, halo, gears and fable, and the things revealed at e3, like killer instinct and a new panzer dragoon game, they have 14 other, new, exclusive ip's in development. So they *may* actually have a few reasons up their sleeve. No promises. The persuasiveness of those arguments remains to be seen, but there's a chance that You Will See A Few More Reasons As Time Goes By.

Homophobe
I can't help it if you like gay sex or bad web comics. Just understand that your tastes will not appeal to everyone. Also I was jokingly meeting your level of interaction. At the time I thought you were joking so I joked back. I came to think you might be serious/actually meaning to insult me so I changed it before you ever replied. I still can not tell if you are being serious or joking, help me out here so I know if I'm in an argument yet or not. I don't know you well enough to guess.

Either way.
Misogynist

BREAKING NEWS!

The same morning Microsoft announced their new policies, GameStop's stock instantly went up from 38 per share, to 40 per share, within 4 hours. I just thought it was funny checking the stock market.

Also, James Gandolfini dies of a heart attack because he was so enraged by this! R.I.P....

Used games was one of the top issues as to why people weren't going to buy an Xbox One, aside form the other issues people had with it such as the always online DRM. Of course we all know why people buy used, to save money. However if new games were priced more reasonably I don't think that Xbox Ones former policies would have been a problem for a lot of people, besides the obvious issues. Xbox was going for the day 1 digital download thing with their games, which means shipping and boxing and stuff is basically taken out of the equation for developers right, yet games would still cost $60.

Then another problem would arise; is that game even worth $60? The problem with the pricing of games is that not every game is worth it, im talking movie licensed, quick cash ins, and over hyped poorly made games with paltry four hour experiences and tacked on multilayer for "added value". My point is this; you're not going to pay $1000 for a 20 inch TV. My suggestion is that games need to be brought down 10-20 dollars and then have tiered pricing on them. A new release now a days is either $15 or $60 and nowhere in between.

So what do you guys think about the pricing of games today, specifically new releases?

Back