Missing character discussion

So did soul calibur 5 failed on selling? I mean compare it to soul calibur 4, I think SCV let Namco lost a lot of money.
I wouldn't say Namco "lost" money, especially with Tekken Tag Tournament 2 probably being where they get the most money this time around.

I will say that SCV's sales were not as big of an impact as the competition/past installments (SCIV was twice as much), but it is still enough to keep the series standing. If they didn't count DLC, that will be a good amount as well.

What is the total sale of SCV?
$30.00 *New*
I wouldn't say Namco "lost" money, especially with Tekken Tag Tournament 2 probably being where they get the most money this time around.I will say that SCV's sales were not as big of an impact as the competition/past installments (SCIV was twice as much), but it is still enough to keep the series standing. If they didn't count DLC, that will be a good amount as well.
I think it was said before that SCV boosted their revenue but the dont bother rewad us.

I wouldn't say Namco "lost" money, especially with Tekken Tag Tournament 2 probably being where they get the most money this time around.

I will say that SCV's sales were not as big of an impact as the competition/past installments (SCIV was twice as much), but it is still enough to keep the series standing. If they didn't count DLC, that will be a good amount as well.
This.

Honestly I think Namco wants to slowly choke the life out of this series so they can dump all their resources into Tekken.

Forget DLC, they dropped support for this game entirely, so it appears.

The character DLC rumors for November are... meh. I've said before that I figured Zasalamel and Talim for DLC once I saw the finalized roster, but I didn't count on the powers that be pulling every dick move they could. I'd say you might be better off just dealing with a slightly buggy game with some really retarded balance issues made by people who thought Lizardman was a higher priority than a series mainstay like Talim.

Of course, that Lizardman point is pretty much why I figured the missing characters for DLC in the first place, but I think this game just losing support is the reality you might as well accept. If I'm wrong, cool. If I'm right, told ya so.

But at least there's good netcode to enjoy for the next two or three months anyone really bothers to play this online.

Honestly I think Namco wants to slowly choke the life out of this series so they can dump all their resources into Tekken.
Hate to say it, but this might be the case. The huge roster is already enough to think "Namco needs some money to develop the next game", leaving SC high and dry.

It's so nice when Tekken SOMEHOW manages to get the last laugh in everything, just like they did with Battle Arena Toshinden (causing Namco to create SC), Kensei: Sacred Fist, Kakuto Chojin, Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus, or pretty much every fighting game by Konami.

Happy to see TTT2 underperform on consoles in Japan. Not that it means much with the Arcade release and all but still makes me happy. Hope it will underperform WW too. Don't like to be petty but with the way they treat SC I am allowed too.
It has only been a week or two after it has been released. Plus it is actually the top seller in Japan.

It has only been a week or two after it has been released. Plus it is actually the top seller in Japan.

Opening week was a bit more than half of T6 and it already dropped down like a rock in second week. They still haven't sold the inititial shippment afaik. Of course it could show legs and there is still the WiiU edition. WW it isn't hot too.

It's so stupid because this is the only good fighter on the market right now. And I've said before that's the equivalent of having the least amount of pubic lice in Tampa, but it still stands that it's the current BEST.

If this game got a full development cycle and had actual support to fix any problems and balance issues, it would be huge right now. This game does have a ton of mainstream appeal, there was just no HYPE-force this time around and it really is all Namco's fault. I know it wasn't for lack of trying from the fanbase.

Back