Most Esteemed One-Shot Contest (Now in 4k!)

Damn, this was a tough one. All of the entries were original, creative and fun! Ultimately, Quinion's Manasa gets my vote because of how well the character and weapon compliment each other. Well done!

Page bump! Ok so we have a dead tie between harrawesome and Quinion. So cast your votes now!

So @Quinion got this well deserved win

Curious to know what's next challenge

If i can suggest let's shorten both challenge time and voting time, we are not so many and it will make things a bit more fun, just my opinion but was same with SCV one, few racers and long dead times :D

Ps: to have faster vote i guess we can just @everybody in the start-voting post

For the next challenge

namco.png

Namco has always included content from other games in Soul Calibur, from Cassandra's SCII 3P, to KOS-MOS, Valkyrie, and Kagekiyo parts in SC III, to a fuckton of Tekken costumes and other stuff in SC 5. We already have the Blue Crystal Rod and Gilgamesh's shield in SC6.

So before Project Soul spams the upcoming DLC with parts ported from other games, the challenge is to recreate a Namco character for Soul Calibur. Can be a straight up recreation for a character that would easily fit, like Gilgamesh from Tower of Druaga, or reimagine a character for the Soul Calibur world (like teh legendary Pac-Bot).

All Namco (and Namco-Bandai) characters are fair game (even Tekken) but not Soul Calibur. Multiple entries are allowed (and encouraged), Personally, I would love to see a fresh take on Clovis.

@brucege to provide the deadline and voting period.

Cool theme, Namco does'nt have that incredible library (i will try to purposely dodge Tekken) but i got some ideas... Gilgamesh for sure, with Kagekiyo was my first thought too

@Quinion props for remember teh Pac-bot, my art will never reach higher peak :D

Cool theme, Namco does'nt have that incredible library (i will try to purposely dodge Tekken) but i got some ideas... Gilgamesh for sure, with Kagekiyo was my first thought too

@Quinion props for remember teh Pac-bot, my art will never reach higher peak :D

I was just going through a list of Namco CaS parts in my head and remembered the Klonoa and Pac Man things from SC5, thinking "those were useless", but then remembered Pac-bot, and thought "huh, maybe not so useless. "

But I did a Gilgamesh for the request thread back when, and most of those parts are available in the current game, plus I just posted Valkyrie, and I know @FreeMeal has done a Kagekiyo, also with basic parts and the stickers doing the heavy lifting. So maybe only a dozen or so non-Tekken chars to choose from, but that's still more than the entries we get in most contests. Ki, Clovis from Dragon Valor, lizard sidekick form Valkyrie, many things would work. We might even see Wonder Momo.

And if we try Tekken!Yoshimitsu?

Technically acceptable, as he's a Tekken character

Hmm, a Namco based challenge you say, I'm surprised you guys have some worked out already, but...I wish people would remember ToyPop more, so I did a little something. For example...

The game's title screen back in the day...
ToyPop.png

But now moderinzed! (With a bit of some editing. Yes, I know the colors might be off, but I could fix it later anyways. But that "vest" piece gives me trouble and doesn't color it full light blue, but close enough I suppose.)
ToyPop-2018-a.png

However, the game's actual characters are that of toys, so I could give them the Automiton race, but they're permanently pale colored and you have to use stickers to make them flesh colored, so it would take too long. Also, The ToyPop characters also make sense in that of SC's world since getting hit once in their own game would make them lose their clothes (similar to that of Arthur in the Ghosts N' Goblins series), but left in their garments. (Yes, I get that there's clipping in Pino's case, but I had to make do with those short slops anyways to make it fit. And yes, his in-game sprite in ToyPop does have hair.)

Back