Most Esteemed One-Shot Contest (Now in 4k!)

I'll be damned, thank you for your votes everyone! I'm totally down to do @VILARCANE's theme next. I have one question, will I be allowed to participate since it is VIL's theme?

I'll be damned, thank you for your votes everyone! I'm totally down to do @VILARCANE's theme next. I have one question, will I be allowed to participate since it is VIL's theme?
Totally approve of you participating H. You were kind enough to pick my theme, i make the rules and return the favor. I have shown examples, so i won't take part. Give it your best shot mate :)

Hi everyone, time for my dumb ass to post the deadline I should have posted weeks ago! How'sabout a deadline of 12PM on Saturday March 2nd?
So, bout a week and a half from now.
If you guys need more time just speak up, and it can always be extended.

Because nobody else did:

15feed40ab9c4d36e0421a96030bed14.png
Who... What, is it? What does it want? Why does it look so pleased with itself? Maybe we'll never know.

~cough~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Create as authentic-feeling a version as you can of a SC main cast character (from any fighter entry in the series), without using their base model or any of their SCVI base equipment. Replicate any specific version of such a character from any fighting game in the franchise, or create a new outfit/look that nevertheless feels genuine for them. Entries based on main roster characters who were guests are permitted.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--or--

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Create a character who looks tough but still somehow inspires a feeling of empathy or sympathy. In a stylistic/emotive sense, that is--not in the sense that this is literally what they do in your head cannon.

We will judge all entries together in a common pool to determine a single winner according to who best met the objectives of the option they chose. Just a reminder as to how this works: multiple entries permitted and encouraged. Ideally we'd prefer to see newer entries created to meet the criteria of the challenge, but if you have older stuff that happens to fit the bill, that is 100% permitted. Please ask if there's anything I didn't think to clarify in the terms of the challenge.

Last edited:
~cough~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Create as authentic-feeling a version as you can of a SC main cast character (from any fighter entry in the series), without using their base model or any of their SCVI base equipment. Replicate any specific version of such a character from any fighting game in the franchise, or create a new outfit/look that nevertheless feels genuine for them. Entries based on main roster characters who were guests are permitted.

--or--

Create a character who looks tough but still somehow inspires a feeling of empathy or sympathy. In a stylistic/emotive sense, that is--not in the sense that this is literally what they do in your head cannon.

We will judge all entries together in a common pool to determine a single winner according to who best met the objectives of the option they chose. Just a reminder as to how this works: multiple entries permitted and encouraged. Ideally we'd prefer to see newer entries created to meet the criteria of the challenge, but if you have older stuff that happens to fit the bill, that is 100% permitted. Please ask if there's anything I didn't think to clarify in the terms of the challenge.
I accept the challenge. It's a double challenge since I'm not comfortable creating likeable characters. I position myself on KILIK as the main character. I hope that part of the community will respond. I dare to hope not to go off topic. I will try to post it next week. good luck to others

I don't usually care to bump (even where the forum rules specifically allow and even encourage it), but since this is for the sake of cultivating a little community energy and fun (and because it would be a shame to have Superdurand's excellent entry set be the only, lonely one), I'm going to put this in focus again.

@Glitch-mode22, @Tael, @rdmunhoz, @NitricZenith, @KostasGR, @weshookhands, @BootsyRollins, and @Wyldwarrior, are you going to let Durand just walk away with it here? You've all been at or near the peak of your game with your most recent designs--let's see one or two more, from whomever can find the time! I think that's every longterm contributor I can recall seeing active in the last few months (aside from @VILARCANE, who has been clear that they are done with output with regard to VI), but let me know if I've forgotten someone.

Last edited:
I don't usually care to bump (even where the forum rules specifically allow and even encourage it), but since this is for the sake of cultivating a little community energy and fun (and because it would be a shame to have Superdurand's excellent entry set be the only, lonely one), I'm going to put this in focus again.

@Glitch-mode22, @Tael, @rdmunhoz, @NitricZenith, @KostasGR, @weshookhands, @BootsyRollins, and @Wyldwarrior, are you going to let Durand just walk away with it here? You've all been at or near the peak of your game with your most recent designs--let's see one or two more, from whomever can find the time! I think that's every longterm contributor I can recall seeing active in the last few months (aside from @VILARCANE, who has been clear that they are done with output with regard to VI), but let me know if I've forgotten someone.
Haven't been super available recently, and I've tried for a bit to make some entries for this challenge, but not anything good enough to be posted for now. I'll see if I can find the time and inspiration to make something before I have to leave on vacation again.

Haven't been super available recently, and I've tried for a bit to make some entries for this challenge, but not anything good enough to be posted for now. I'll see if I can find the time and inspiration to make something before I have to leave on vacation again.
That would be awesome if you can find the time, Tael, but don't worry, there's no rush! Would love to see what you come up with though, when you do find the time!

Back