Most Esteemed One-Shot Contest Thread.

They call him Oz Z. and he's a demon on the mic, if you can understand what he's singing over the loud shredding of electric guitars.

The long-sleeved thing is meant to be a fishnet shirt, it looks better in motion.

Hi, interesting, kinda "Brutal Legend" style, which would be a good entry if someone tried to recreate the main char for instance...
If you wanna replicate fishnet use the square pattern recolored in gray/white, rotated and shrunk at your leisure, piece of cake...see below for an example

url

LADdsZm.png

They call him Oz Z. and he's a demon on the mic, if you can understand what he's singing over the loud shredding of electric guitars.

The long-sleeved thing is meant to be a fishnet shirt, it looks better in motion.
That's pretty cool. I must say this challenge is hard to make something good. I originally tried to recreate the members of Linkin Park for this contest, but stopped due to how half-assed they looked.

I haven't been able to spend much time in CAS recently, but luckily I had these images lying around.

I listen to a lot of alternative/underground sort of hip-hop. My favorite artist is known as MF DOOM. After seeing the corinthian mask (at least I think that's what it's called), there was no way I couldn't take a stab at creating a SoulCaliburized version of DOOM.
240639-mf-doom-mf-doom-wallpaper-3.jpg

This is the real guy. He's never seen without the mask.

rXTQKjW.png

Obviously, his persona is heavily based off of Marvel Comics villain Dr. Doom. Naturally, I decided to take inspiration from Marvel's Doom for his full outfit.
27x4kpo.png

Also, here's a slightly alternate costume.

Last edited:
Finally, I have an entry that I am confident in! Ladies and gentlemen, presenting the Gorillaz! 2D, Noodle, Murdoc, and Russel! They are separate characters, but since they form a band, they are a joint entry.

2D
CFhzSDsVIAA_-kQ[1].jpg
CFhzRK4UEAA6VKc[1].jpg
CFhzQPjUEAARHCX[1].jpg
CFhzPKtUEAA6CFj[1].jpg

Noodle
CFhzOR2UEAE3cnE[1].jpg

CFhzNAGUMAEMC-V[1].jpg

CFhzLx0UsAAlhM8[1].jpg

CFhzKtoUEAE0xeJ[1].jpg

CFhzJoPUEAARsKa[1].jpg

Murdoc
CFhzIfoVAAEyJ_R[1].jpg

CFhzHabUIAAUaUC[1].jpg

CFhzGTTUEAAFMs3[1].jpg

CFhzEtRUsAA0NlU[1].jpg

Russel
CFhzDVRUUAAILfx[1].jpg

CFhzCjhUUAAGm1-[1].jpg

CFhy_ENVIAETWbQ[1].jpg

CFhy_ELUMAANEHm[1].jpg

Oh, just to be clear, these are based off their designs for Plastic Beach.

My vote is for @Onyyx's Oz Z. Very realistic goth rock look. Great use of SpecEq for the microphone too. Great job to everyone though.

I cast my vote to @Onyyx. Oz Z has an outfit that seemlessly blends together and doesn't just look like different parts from a character creation tool. This can be quite a challenge when going for a modern day look in CAS, but you pulled it off flawlessly. Cheers to everyone for their creativity!

Also, I must ask @VILARCANE, how did you achieve that texture on Guy Manuel's jacket? It looks superb.

The texture i used for GM is the bump mapped one (number brucege ? :p), for Thomas the snakeskin rotated and silver colored...very good for any cosmonaut CAS btw.
Thx for the vote Onyx.
I vote for you because your CAS reminded me of a game i loved...period :)

It looks like the winner of this round is @Onyyx!
Congratulations! You may now pick our next topic. If you need help choosing, feel free to PM me.

I'd like to thank the Academy.

Seriously though I'm grateful for all y'all votes, I struggled a bit with the effects on it but I'm glad you liked the way it came out.

As for the next contest theme, I thought I would go with Chronicles of the Sword.

2BjCl2Q.jpg

Soulcalibur V was slated for its lack of single-player content, and one comparison I always hear is to Soulcalibur III. So I figured some people might like to see the return of some of the bonus characters that appeared in SCIII.

The rule is simple, and that's to try and recreate anyone that appeared in the Bonus Character slot in SCIII. That's it! There are plenty of pictures available on this website's very wiki, so go ahead and get creating! Feel free to enter any that you created before, too.

• Abelia
  • Arthur
  • Aurelia
  • Chester
  • Demuth
  • Girardot
  • Greed
  • Hualin
  • Luna
  • Lynette
  • Miser
  • Revenant
  • Strife
  • Valeria

I'm not sure what a good due date for this would be, any suggestions? I'll be posting my entry soon, I've got a little something I've been working on.
artx.png
strife.png
chesterk.png
soulcalibur18.png
girm.png
aurl.png
misu.png
gredd.png
48134729.png
linc.png
46167188.png

Morpheus-Come-At-Me-Bro-Reaction-Gif-In-The-Matrix.gif

I've done a lot of these in the past, but I don' like posting the same CAS twice.

So for this, a few tweaks here and there, because I always see stuff I don't like in my old CAS (plus, these were long deleted, so it had to be recreations of previous versions anyway).

Number 4 and Number 5 for the contest; I'll post any other updates in my thread.

Miser
Miser_.png

Greed
Greed_.png

My two entries. They're kinda altered as "if they aged in SCV yet keep them young-looking nonsense"

Lynette: Welcome to Cepheus Store. We sell all kinds of equipment just for you.
Lynette (2).png

Lynette: This Chicken leg is worth about 1000 Gold. It's perfect for eating.
Lynette (5).png

Lynette: If that doesn't suit you, there's always this magical fish bowl. Perfect for the fairy lovers.
Lynette (7).png

Lynette: SOUL EDGE IS MINE!!! THE ONLY PAYMENT METHOD IS YOUR SOUL!!!!
Lynette (10).png

Lynette: Forgive me! I didn't mean to say that!
Lynette (9).png

Lynette: Oh and this heavy looking sword is actually Soul Calibur. To atone for my sudden outburst, I'll sell this sword half price. It was 1000000 Gold, now it's 500000 Gold.
Lynette (11).png

Lynette: If you don't have a thing for swords, then feast your eyes on Kali-Yuga replica. Based off Kilik's legendary weapon, it's sure to make you dedicated!
Lynette (12).png

Lynette: I noticed that all you do is look at me. Are you gonna buy anything?
Lynette (3).png

Lynette other pics
Lynette (1).png
Lynette (6).png
Lynette (8).png
Lynette (13).png

Design notes: I figured rather than to put her in her traditional stuff, I modify her a bit. Gave her freckles to enhance quirkiness and cuteness, longer hair for more girly looks, puffy outfit to emphasize innocence that's like a child. I'll admit she does look a bit like Pyrrha's long lost cousin....

Last edited:
Lastly is Luna. It was strangely easy to make. I didn't have to sticker it up nor pattern it to death.

I only threw a sticker on the shoulder pads, used pattern 1(the purple, pink, white) triple tone for her shirt and pants(hard to notice). I did try to add extensions to her hair. Hope you like.

Luna (1).png
Luna (2).png
Luna (3).png
Luna (4).png
Luna (5).png
Luna (6).png
Luna (7).png
Luna (8).png
Luna (9).png
Luna (10).png

Damn you, Pocky. I was gonna make Luna, but I can't really beat that one. Ah well. I'll find another subject/patient.

Back