Namco-Bandai Announces Soulcalibur II HD Online!

• Admin
So there has been a furor during these past few days after it was discovered that Namco-Bandai filed a trademark for "Soulcalibur Lost Swords". Until now, we didn't really know what it meant. Companies file trademarks all the time, often just to cover themselves.

Could Lost Swords be an upgrade to Soulcalibur V? An RPG side-story like Soulcalibur Legends? Or perhaps a free-to-play version of Soulcalibur like Tekken Revolution? Well Namco-Bandai just wrapped up their Comic-can panel... and... nothing. No announcement of Soulcalibur Lost Swords. However, Namco-Bandai has announced an HD version of Soulcalibur II will be coming to PSN and XBL this fall.

1072324_574138609296142_1875514491_o.jpg

The HD release will be from the PS2 version, and include Heihachi and Necrid as guest characters. Link and Spawn will not be featured. Included with the resolution upgrade will be several new modes, including online multiplayer! Masaaki Hoshino is serving as producer for this project, rather than Hisaharu Tago who has been responsible for Soulcalibur V.
I don't need to even talk about how exciting this news is; but let me just say that when it does come out, the 24/7 stream will be moved over to it.

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
When quoting him, just edit the posts. Not everyone has developed "auto-font shrinking" when reading his posts yet.

I don't know why some people are worried, I don't think SCII online will replace SC5 as the de facto tournament standard in the soul series, I see SCII as mainly catering to
1) players who stopped at SCII
2) players who are interested in playing against an older generation of gamers
3) people who just want to have a new online experience.

So many old faces, nothing but good emotions in this room, this is nice. Madnis, I know you're on ps3, wombat what system you on?
I'm on PS3 and I'm feverishly trying to relearn SC2. I still can't stop hitting 6A+B4 after A6 wallsplats though lol. Getting good at tEXC though.

I'm even using characters I never used before. It's like being back with old friends. I can't wait for this.

Date given so far is just "this Fall".
We are all rarin for it but I'd rather have them do a good job on it.

Me and my buds are usin the time to prac up, got my old SCII disc out and use it in my 360. My friend will bring his PS2 copy over tomorrow and we will prac on that.

Who woulda thought I'd be diggin out my old slim PS2 and PS2 HRAPs to play a SC game again?

TGS (Tokyo Game Show) is mid Sept so should have more news around that time (at the least).

The later the better! I want them to also take their time with developing this game.

And any more time, for the chance of 2G to get TAKEN OUT of the game, is enough time indeed. ^__^

And I seriously hope we don't have another TTT (one) HD on our hands, where they fucked up all the hit properties and etc lol.

If it was supposed to come out this month I think we'd have a lot more info about it. All we've got so far is a vid and some screens.

I think around Oct...

From what I understand it will be a HD port of the PS2 game so they won't be addin or fixin much but who knows.

Date given so far is just "this Fall".
We are all rarin for it but I'd rather have them do a good job on it.

Me and my buds are usin the time to prac up, got my old SCII disc out and use it in my 360.

You are right... Let´s just hope they don´t screw this one up.

I am doing a few practice sessions too on my 360. ^^

The later the better! I want them to also take their time with developing this game.

And any more time, for the chance of 2G to get TAKEN OUT of the game, is enough time indeed. ^__^

And I seriously hope we don't have another TTT (one) HD on our hands, where they fucked up all the hit properties and etc lol.

I believe they do that on purpose. Why make a perfect game when people will buy it the following year? Look at Madden or 2k Sports? Every year they add some little feature that could have been incorporated easily.

Ok, serious question for the old school SC2 players: can any of you guys play SC2 like you used to? I've been watching videos of myself from 9 years ago and I swear I can just never play like that anymore. These newer soul caliburs with their stiff movement, shitty frames on moves, and smaller movesets has made me into a different type of player. Or maybe I'm just too shitty now? I don't know. At this point, I'm yearning to be able to match what I used to be in SC2 because I had a shitload of fun with that game. So far, it's just not happening. Maybe I just have to keep playing.
Good post. I doubt you're a different type of player, just adapting to the game at hand (which is a good thing). With due time it'll all come back. I too felt the same way going back to it the handful of times we had a session, but it comes back. One element that I loved about SCII was that the speed of the game kept up with your mind in regards to mix ups and such, where as the newer titles are a bit slower and slightly more telegraphed. I think the big difference is that SCII's games engine allowed the player to mix up on a whim, not the character through preset moves. Of course it can be done, but not in the same fashion. I think this key difference is where you're re-adapting, we all are. Like another member said though, it's like riding a bike.

I don't think I've ever had the pleasure of playing against your SCII Taki, I played mainly in NYC and held/attended a lot of weeklies at CTF. I did however see some of your SCIII Taki via video, always thought you played her exceptionally well. See you on SCII HD I'm sure.

Back