Namco-Bandai Announces Soulcalibur II HD Online!

• Admin
So there has been a furor during these past few days after it was discovered that Namco-Bandai filed a trademark for "Soulcalibur Lost Swords". Until now, we didn't really know what it meant. Companies file trademarks all the time, often just to cover themselves.

Could Lost Swords be an upgrade to Soulcalibur V? An RPG side-story like Soulcalibur Legends? Or perhaps a free-to-play version of Soulcalibur like Tekken Revolution? Well Namco-Bandai just wrapped up their Comic-can panel... and... nothing. No announcement of Soulcalibur Lost Swords. However, Namco-Bandai has announced an HD version of Soulcalibur II will be coming to PSN and XBL this fall.

1072324_574138609296142_1875514491_o.jpg

The HD release will be from the PS2 version, and include Heihachi and Necrid as guest characters. Link and Spawn will not be featured. Included with the resolution upgrade will be several new modes, including online multiplayer! Masaaki Hoshino is serving as producer for this project, rather than Hisaharu Tago who has been responsible for Soulcalibur V.
I don't need to even talk about how exciting this news is; but let me just say that when it does come out, the 24/7 stream will be moved over to it.

Last edited:
Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
Oh, and the lifebar not depleting in 2 hits will be nice as well. When you got a clutch moment in SC2, I'd say it was a ton more rewarding than in 5

So there has been a furor during these past few days after it was discovered that Namco-Bandai filed a trademark for "Soulcalibur Lost Swords". Until now, we didn't really know what it meant. Companies file trademarks all the time, often just to cover themselves.

Could Lost Swords be an upgrade to Soulcalibur V? An RPG side-story like Soulcalibur Legends? Or perhaps a free-to-play version of Soulcalibur like Tekken Revolution? Well Namco-Bandai just wrapped up their Comic-can panel... and... nothing. No announcement of Soulcalibur Lost Swords. However, Namco-Bandai has announced an HD version of Soulcalibur II will be coming to PSN and XBL this fall.

View attachment 33084

The HD release will be from the PS2 version, and include Heihachi and Necrid as guest characters. Link and Spawn will not be featured. Included with the resolution upgrade will be several new modes, including online multiplayer! Masaaki Hoshino is serving as producer for this project, rather than Hisaharu Tago who has been responsible for Soulcalibur V.
I don't need to even talk about how exciting this news is; but let me just say that when it does come out, the 24/7 stream will be moved over to it.

It looks like it's time for me to return. This is finally a reality

Last edited by a moderator:
The game felt so much more fluid than the latter iterations, probably because of the larger move-lists and didn't they use motion capture at the time for the animation and not so in the latter games?

Every game in the series used motion capture, even Soul Edge.

Oh, and the lifebar not depleting in 2 hits will be nice as well. When you got a clutch moment in SC2, I'd say it was a ton more rewarding than in 5

I dunno about that. Re-watching some SC2 footage it looks like people are losing a lot more health per hit. Rounds are finishing in a matter of seconds.

Floe will ruin this game for all the US online players. Cant handle that pressure. Have fun.
My knowledge of oldschool US players is limited to say the least, but I thought Floe was an SCIII Taki player? He's an SCII OG as well?

Im most of all excited to see all the legendary old verterans come out and play this series again. And show all of us what this game did for them back then. I played maxi in sc2 and thought i was really good. None of my friends could touch me. But I had no clue there was even a competative scene for this game at all. I had no idea what "good" was. I cant wait to sit back and see how this game was really supposed to be played. To just give 1 example...I never ever ever used soul charge. Like ever. This will be something to watch for sure

My knowledge of oldschool US players is limited to say the least, but I thought Floe was an SCIII Taki player? He's an SCII OG as well?

Yeah, he finished 4th at Nationals and kind of introduced the world to the power of PORC. Random Nationals vid:
I love watching old SC2 vids. :)

Floe is an absolute GARBAGE ass player who was fortunate enough to not meet the world's greatest Troll.

On that note...Hi Kids, can't wait to get my hands on Ivy and Beserker again :)

Reactions: LP
You have quite a ways to become more experienced in competitive SC than floe.

Your right, and this is a great place to start. Why are people acting as if FloE is the only person to worry about though? Ill tell you what if there ends up being players who become as good or better then Kageh or Fetz or Aris then we have a lot more then "Taki" to worry about. These are indeed the legends I looked up too when I was young but every character in this game with the right player can become godlike. Unlike previous versions of SC

When I saw this on youtube I thought it was fake!! so i came here to check.. and it's real!! it's about damn time!! I still got my original SC2 disk for ps2 and it's scratched to hell, so I can't even play on it, this is great!!

Your right, and this is a great place to start. Why are people acting as if FloE is the only person to worry about though? Ill tell you what if there ends up being players who become as good or better then Kageh or Fetz or Aris then we have a lot more then "Taki" to worry about. These are indeed the legends I looked up too when I was young but every character in this game with the right player can become godlike. Unlike previous versions of SC

There's plenty if ppl to worry about. Like ME!

I get SCII Taki back. I'm not worried about anyone. Everyone who had a SCII main can and will say the same though so it doesn't matter. It's not like there was a legit tier list for this game. Everyone character had the potential to wreck face and was broken in their own right. Do we know yet if Soul Charge moves will be implemented in this version and no I don't mean level 2 and 3 GC and UB moves. I mean the OG soul charge glitch moves. Anyone know? If so, people better be ready to see rediculous fast mix ups from characters like Kilik, Taki, and Yoshi.

Oh yeah no more 50 hit combos or stupid characters like Viola and Algol.

Nope instead you get Ivy's Invisibly buffed CS and SS. Imagine your playing against Ivy. You throw out a move and It's blocked. Then the Ivy player throws out a move and you block it and back step. Ivy player walks or RUNS up after you and out of no where comes a flaming CS. Half life gone

Live streams

10 Viewers
ViolinPhantom
ViolinPhantom
Casual Games. | Welcome to my chill stream hope you stay & enjoy the content!
2 Viewers
KomorebiMononoke
KomorebiMononoke
茶月さんと木漏れ日のリハビリテーション
1 Viewers
calbo2x
calbo2x
🔥IM BORED COME SAY HI!!🔥STREAMING UNTIL SLEEPY LOL!!😁SUB GOAL(15/30)!!👀 !yt !discord !tiktok😎

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back