Namco, pls fix the glitches and somethings improper next patch.

Soulcalibur is not very well known for being a very 'balanced' game, so no, in this case, if you are the best Mitsu/NM user and you fight against the best raphael user, I think we all know who is going to win.

Soulcalibur is not very well known for being a very 'balanced' game, so no, in this case, if you are the best Mitsu/NM user and you fight against the best raphael user, I think we all know who is going to win.
While not perfect SCV is very balanced as a fighting game. If you actually knew how to play your main "aPat" you would be sitting quietly not saying shit hoping and praying they don't nerf some of his retardedly unbalanced moves that apparently you can't do.

If you care to discuss further pm me

Sorry to derail the thread. Feel free to delete if need be.

I don't see why people can't understand balance changes and bug/hitbox changes as 2 separate instances. Certainly bug fixes will improve a character, and there can be corresponding nerfs to balance it out if the character is already top tier.

Mitsurugi and nightmare are in absolutely different tiers of characters to begin.
It is easier(and all around more true) to say Raphael lacks sufficient tools to succeed in this game in relation to almost all the cast rather than nightmare having tools that most characters simply can't cope with.
He isn't top tier. Probably average strength, maybe slightly exceptional for a character. Alpha Patroklos has tools that nightmare can't get around, does that make him an even stronger character by default? Where'd this Raphael thing even come from to begin with? I said most the characters you listed have great tools to deal with nightmare. You then make a completely unrelated comparison by taking one of the(to my knowledge) worst characters in the game and comparing it to him.
Of course he's going to lose if you take the best possible nightmare player. nightmare has strong step kill, good spacing, and powerful whiff punishment bolstered with good movement. Raphael lacks heavy damage, has poor spacing despite it being his focus, and is heavily linear.

While not perfect SCV is very balanced as a fighting game. If you actually knew how to play your main "aPat" you would be sitting quietly not saying shit hoping and praying they don't nerf some of his retardedly unbalanced moves that apparently you can't do.

If you care to discuss further pm me

Sorry to derail the thread. Feel free to delete if need be.

a very balanced fighting game? lol well if you want to know a very balanced fighting game try mortal kombat, I mean it's not a coincidence that we saw a nightmare, a natsu and a mitsurugi player at the tournament finals... and that the same characters are the favourite ones of the online community
and alpha patroklos is everything but an unbalanced character, since he's the hardest character to learn he must be the strongest one, while mitsurugi is the easiest and can easily punish patroklos best move (sakura twister) with 88B.

Twister shouldn't be getting blocked...
Tiers don't matter among most the online community as they only fall into effect at the highest levels of play.

lol seriously? I don't mean to be cocky but I am actually a good player, I can punish most of the characters I mentioned, i'm just saying that SCV is unbalanced, just compare it to SCIV, mitsurugi was ok and nightmare was just annoying, now they're way too overpowered.

In order to be a good player, it helps to know what you're talking about. SCIV's balance is a joke compared to SCV's.

SCIV balance was good in general since most of the characters were way too powerful
That's not balance. Half the cast was terrible and the other half was near-broken.

I think the fact that no characters in SCV have had to be banned for balance reasons speaks for itself.

That's not balance. Half the cast was terrible and the other half was near-broken.

I think the fact that no characters in SCV have had to be banned for balance reasons speaks for itself.

Natsu was VERY nerfed, so your post doesn't make sense, Namco knows very well about the balance issues.
and any character sucked in sc4, the only two broken characters there were hilde and amy and they were not as hated as mitsurugi, nightmare and natsu are now.

an example: sophitia was one of the most hated characters of SCIV because of her 'brokeness' and now that we have 2 fighters who play just like her (both pyrrhas), nobody seems to complain about that style.

Do you have PSn? I want to come to a conclusion if you do or don't know what's going on in this game through actually playing.
On topic is his 44A supposed to whiff at close range? I've had somebody run in on me as I did it(yes I realize it's my bad to have it happen) and it went right through them. Was a bit weird.

Back