Natsu Questions And Answers / General Discussion

Hi! I used to play Ivy in SC IV, but in SC V I am interested in other characters including Natsu. So sorry for my noob questions but I do not have any exp. with other characters (in SC IV I was really focused on Ivy, since she was pretty complex etc.). It seems that Natsu is really strong. But I haven't found yet good move to stop enemy rushing in my direction... What do you recommend ?? I mean maybe she has something similar to SCIV Ivy's SW 9B (TJ or TC, fast, good range, good dmg on CH). Also I am not sure what to use on close range when I do not have time to enter PO. I am looking for something similar to SC IV Ivy's SW 6B or SW 1KB... I would appreciate your help/suggestions. Also is this teleport PO A+B+K useful ?? it seems like waste of bar to me...

BTW. here are my observations so far (please correct/comment):
  • PO B+K seems to be very fast, very usable low
  • PO B is also great
  • A+B seems to be punishable, but still very useful - dmg, range, everything
  • 4A+B probably will be blocked on reaction by good players, but dmg is good so it should be worth trying from time to time (but online people will hate you for abusing that ^^)
  • 66B and 6A+B seem to be usable
  • moves with B+K (like 2B+K) seem to be pretty slow and easily trackable even by enemy vertical attacks
  • there seems to be some cooldown after moves like B+K, 4B+K, I have not found them very useful, especially if we want to attack right after this "jump", maybe they cab be used to get out of corner or edge of arena.

Unfortunately the PO B+K is only guaranteed if they do not tech. They have enough time to tech and block the PO B+K

However! If they are tech happy, you can always go B K 4 into PO while they get right back up to block a guard crushing PO B and eat mix-up. OR any other PO follow-up

Not too shabby if you ask me

That PO B mix-up after B K 4 is nasty. Plus the option for another PO. It working well for me right now. Ha

I could of sworn Natsu had a move where she would jump off the wall and grab the opponent. Did they take it out? I am PRETTY sure I seen it.

Edit: Never mind. Found it. Can someone confirm this is still in? *Watch at 1:48*

It's 44K,K, if there is a wall in front of you when you " bounce off the opponent " (<- English's not my natural language sorry if it's wrongly said.), Natsu will automatically jump off the wall. Careful about the axis tho, I think I saw it whiff once.
You got free chocolate chips (FC 1_2_3 A+B) after IIRC.

It's 44K,K, if there is a wall in front of you when you " bounce off the opponent " (<- English's not my natural language sorry if it's wrongly said.), Natsu will automatically jump off the wall. Careful about the axis tho, I think I saw it whiff once.
You got free chocolate chips (FC 1_2_3 A+B) after IIRC.

Thank you so much!

How do I get Natsu's 3KKK to connect after PO A:6? It seems like the opponent just falls straight down? Or is the timing really strict? Help please

Hey guys, sorry if this was covered elsewhere but I couldn't find it.. Trying to get a handle on all her cancels into PO and the rolls... I haven't seen this in movelists yet either but can you cancel 1A into PO? I thought I was able to do it a couple times with a 214 roll before the 1A hit but then I couldn't replicate it... I must be going crazy... How bout 2A? I thought I did that one too... but that one I only "saw" once... Maybe I should stop practicing...

Hey guys, sorry if this was covered elsewhere but I couldn't find it.. Trying to get a handle on all her cancels into PO and the rolls... I haven't seen this in movelists yet either but can you cancel 1A into PO? I thought I was able to do it a couple times with a 214 roll before the 1A hit but then I couldn't replicate it... I must be going crazy... How bout 2A? I thought I did that one too... but that one I only "saw" once... Maybe I should stop practicing...
I've never heard of it. Unless it's some kind of secret move that requires JF timing, which I doubt. I'm sure one of the Taki/Natsu experts we have posting here would have discovered it by now.

Guys noob question here but I cannot seem to do PO 66 B+G. It says on the move list she has the command throw from PO but every time I try it even with binds I am getting PO B. The command menu says PO 4, 66 B+G and even entering it the exact same (looking at the inputs) I am still getting PO B. What am I supposed to be doing? What am I doing wrong? What's the timing like?

Hiya ghengis. It's actually pretty easy. Just hold the 4 until you see her enter PO, then do 66, and at the end of her POR, hit B+G. Also, I think you have to hold the 6 (not sure). So like 21[4], 6[6]B+G.

You sure it wasn't a 4A? It's a low that goes automatically into PO.

yeah.... i'm pretty sure it was that now that i went thru the movelist last night... but i was too embarrassed to admit it out of nowhere.. good call~ and my apologies board.

Ive been playing Natsu for a couple of days now and loving it, her A+B moves are really usefull and 66B is awesome on counter-hit. I usually use 4 A+B on oki, but sometimes it whiffs or they dont tech, are there any other good moves to do on oki, and what move/moves are best up close in their face?

Back