Natsu Questions And Answers / General Discussion

i still toss it out like candy, there are certain matchups where it becomes a liability like against cervantes or natsu herself, but i'm not discourage by characters that can only punish with AA. there are still a ton of characters who cant punish it at all, though a -12 mixup scenario still sucks.

ive been having a problem with natsu's T rex arms lately. her throw range is pitiful, especially if someone is off axis like after a 22A. it makes it painfully obvious you are trying a throw attempt when you are in this range. also because of natsus guard stance her arms are out in front and extend her hitbox further, the range at which she can be grabbed is crazy because of this.

oh well, throws arent the best part of natsu.

agree her throw range is very short, but hey she is OP right? I'm so tired of hearing that

Nightmare wins every major and I'm STILL hearing that Natsu is so OP and that Nightmare is perfectly balanced.
There's no way that NFK, OmegaDR, Keev, and whatever other Nightmares out there are just smarter and better than everyone. #endrant

Natsu is OP.. I'm liking her than Leixia ;) I'm also mixup-ing HOV 2 and cancels. And teaching them to stand guard and eat my a+k CE, RING OUT!

stop throwing around the term OP when you have no idea what it means. have fun with all of those standing opponents at higher level where opponents stand guarding are the problem and not the answer.

i need to preface this by saying i usually end combos with 4A+B6 or K2 solely to avoid using this move.

on the subject of opponents using standing guard. people i play are pretty much froze up near the ring edge/wall because of CH 22A A:6, and just using regular A:6. if you can put them at some disadvantage say after a PO B or even when are are just too afraid to move and havent even brought out a single 1A, it is usually enough to land it and get the RO. its not a top tier tactic or something extremely solid, but it may get you a round when you need it, and even more rounds because people not have a reason to duck near the edge.

No offense but what I mean is that I use more lows than High/Mid. It's how I play. And no, haven't get to play opponents at higher level, but I WOULD want to. If opponent read my strategy, turn the tides already.

if you are teaching them to stand it implies that you are using mids to force them to stand and not take damage from ducking.

when they do stand you have. 2K, 1K, 11A, and 4A for lows all disadvantage on hit, low damage on 1K and 2K, wonky hitbox that wont connect reliably on 11A, and 4A that is decent damage especially for ending a round but puts you in PO where you have to guess a response. PO BE wont work in this instance because they usually arent close enough to teleport behind them.

1A, 4A+B bomb, and 2A+B bomb wont be hitting much as you play better opponents.

Thank you for the tips :)

11A is seeable right? I'm using this move since SCIII (?) and I think it got slower startup frames. What I'm doing for pressure though is B,K and B,K,A, but I think not that great move since you're aiming for the K.

I had played awhile ago a solid Natsu player, and I don't know why the hell he's using 8a+b. I'm guessing it has the range?

forward range, decent damage, hits grounded, shrinks your hitbox in a funny way, its not a terrible idea to use it once and awhile. i use it against Asta 1AA on the second hit.

I find the bombs hard to get off, When I play better fighters I may get one bomb off every two rounds. And 4a+b6 bomb I have a hard time conneting 8B+G afterwards. My grabs whifts

I find the bombs hard to get off, When I play better fighters I may get one bomb off every two rounds. And 4a+b6 bomb I have a hard time conneting 8B+G afterwards. My grabs whifts

Why don't you try 4a+bA (bomb plus late kuzukuri), makes the bomb *relatively* safe, and I believe you can still PO grab afterwards. If the bomb hits, I've never had the PO grab whiff although the timing for PO 8B+G is extremely strict if you do the late kuzukuri. I recommend you do A+B, 1A_K2_44K instead, for roughly the same damage.

Have anyone got to know if you can actually do the BE grab right after PO? WHat are the active frames in PO? And what is the best tool to reassure that the BE grab is successful?

Also what are the block frames for WR A? That shit is so owned (for me) people tend to eat my a,a,b lol

Has anyone found any ukime traps after a normal a+b yet?? At least something to scare them into staying down and eating a 1a or something?

Theres nothing u can do really, if they ukemi after being hit with A+B.... So i just try n mix them up w/a low and a throw.

we need more meat and potatoes character matchup discussion. i'm going to evo and ceo this summer and am gonna be spending a great deal of time in training mode working things out.

people need to know things like leixia AA is AA or A:6 block punishable. as is natsu AA, and BB. little stuff like this goes a long way to helping us better our character.

the learning curve and eventual skill ceiling is so high for natsu, because of all the things that are possibly A:6 punishable. i want to take away tools in certain matchups by punishing with A:6 where no other character can even get guaranteed damage. doing this will surely throw someone off their game and make them hesitate more.

Personally, I would like to talk about playing against Sieg and Raph - mainly because there is an inordinate amount of Siegs in my local scene and because a good friend of mine who has been playing Raph for the entirety of the Soul series is a huge pain in the arse to beat (despite the fact that Raph is low tier).

Hi. Quick questions. Looking at the Natsu Movelist googledoc and for the life of me I can't figure out a few things...

1) How does the block column work? What is the difference between a negative (e.g. Hover B) and positive (e.g. Hover A+B) number for "block"?

2) How does the hit column work? I understand STN, LNC and KND... but what do the numbers mean... sometimes positive and sometimes negative?

3) How do Clean Hits work? What's the difference between Clean Hit:A (e.g. Wind Roll B B B) and Clean Hit:C (e.g. 41236B)?

4) What exactly is a Counter Hit and NCC?

Thanks...

Kind regards,
David

Back