NEC Results and Shout-Outs

Congratulations RTD! it's great to see Apprentice in first. :)

The costume was a great touch. It's something that I've always kinda wanted to do and I'm glad you pulled it off because you looked very fitting in it. Maybe next time I'll go as Vader and we can have a rl lighsaber duel. That, or you can just kneel to me. :P

Anyways while most people probably see "Apprentice the character" won NEC, I see RTD the player as the winner. You are just solid as a player, and pretty much any character you set your mind on you will do great with. I hope you decide to stick with Apprentice though so that we can see your style evolve him and you can truly show the world what he's about. And also because one day I want to get an epic Vader vs Apprentice fight with you. ;)

Frenchies and lolo, it was great that you came. I hope you guys had a great time despite not taking the gold, silver, or bronze. Everyone has their off games, so I look forward to you guys returning and dominating at some point in the future.

And I want to say great job to Jaxel for setting up the stream. Finally being on the other side, I have to say the setup was excellent.

Something, something, something... DARK SIDE.
Something, something, something... COMPLETE.

Had a great time watching the stream this weekend. The epic Whoazz vs Malek Team fight was so intense I think I pee'd a little. RTD and his gitty-up was a fan-fuckin-tastic touch and on top of that he won it all. Thanx to Jaxel for the stream and all the hard working people that pulled it off.

GGs

HRD

Here are the full results for SC1 and 2.

Soul Calibur 1 (dreamcast)
1: RTD
2: Dreamkiller
3: Bibulus
4: Black Mamba
5: Steve H
5: Justin SGX
7: LowSweep
7: Mad Hat3r
9: Marquise

Soul Calibur 2 (PS2)
1: RTD
2: Dreamkiller
3: Jaxel
4: Black Mamba
5: Bibulus
5: Ramon
7: NeoOutlaw
7: Dina
9: LowSweep
9: Mick
9: IceColdEdge
9: Justin SGX
13: Derrick Legend
13: Jim Junkin
13: Sean Wunder
13: Mad Hat3r

My shout outs.

Malice - the hype master. its always fun hanging out with you. you have so much love for the game and comunity. keep it up. Plus I can't wait for jaxel to put up the matches so I can hear your commentary.
Sporko - you bastard. I will beat you on day in tournament. lots of love.
Malek and euro players - It was a pleasure to finally meet you guys. I had fun in our match Malek and look forward to possibly more.
Jaxel - thanks again for another well ran tournament.
Dreamkiller - you sexy bitch.
RTD - apprentice?!?! really?!?! good shit in all sc games btw.

Wow, of all the characters, I did not expect Apprentice to take a tourney this big. Major props to RTD for that.

Anyway, gotta give an obligatory shout out to Jian. Thanks for the ride, the hotel room, and all the shit you did for everyone. Also shout out to myself for losing 0-3 in all my matches, lol. Guess I need more Voldo and Amy practice... A lot more.

So when are we gonna get to see pictures of RTD in his Starkiller get up :P

I only got a small one via phone cam

also shoutouts to:
Khent- awesome matches in the room man, the raph vs mina matches NEEDED TO BE RECORDED I am so sad they weren't even though my raph was more stylish then functional
Jian- thanks for everything I'll pay pal you next time we E-meet for the hotel room, I'm not really mad about the counter pick I KID I KID
Malek-just to damn good at this game. what can I say other then that?
Dina-I cant wait to see what you come up with for algol, be sure to send me the videos of your algol as he progresses
IMTdragon- out of everyone I didn't want to fight it WAS YOU who I wanted to avoid(I had to play you anyway) and eliminating someone never feels good this goes double when its a friend/better player
Woahhzz-hanging out with you was a blast I don't think we played any though unfortunately
Sporko-I must thank you for housing me, and the awesome sessions
Bibulus-thanks for driving me to the venue and the starcraft coaching ACTION JESUS
Zeroeffect- fun matches had a lot of LOLZ with them
Saion- damn ghetto buster.... that is all
DreamKiller- thanks for letting me use the shower in your room, its a shame we didnt play SC3
Ramon - out of all the amazing players there why is it you own me the hardest?
Ivan - you are fuckin amazing at this game and definitely not a scrub
Kikaleek - It bothers me that you did worse then I did because you own me for free...
Jaxel - funny and cool to hangout with as usual
malice - great job runnin dis shit
smooth viper - god of parkour

watching these videos roll in and they are awesome... fantastic play especially from RTD's starkiller and IMT's tira. spectacular play from unsuspecting characters and everyone is looking great all over.

yo the tournament was great ggs to all i played. individual shout outs later but i just wanted to come in here and get a clarification. Supposedly there was gonna be an extra $100 added to the pot and then another $1200 in money and prizes from Namco for SC4 and T6.
Jaxel can you verify if this actually happened or if it was false advertising?

There was no $1200 in cash gaurenteed for SC4. That was the estimate worth of the prizes given out for both SC and Tekken from Namco.

Watching RTD through the stream in his Apprentice costume and constantly entering the room super slow was priceless. Congrats to the placers. This tournament I guess paints a picture that competitive scene for this game is still not final. The results were interesting.

I like Dina's Sophie (never saw it).
Kira has improved a lot.
Malek has an epic Murder Face when he plays.
RTD just replaced Oof like he hinted at in his drama thread a while back (that Apprentice was truly sick).
Was very impressed by ImmortalxDragon.
Docvizzo go back to Cervantes that Setsuka was unbelievably weak. Words cannot explain it and i'm being so harsh cause you went on about how the U.S Setsuka's suck through subtle hinting.
Excellent stream by Jaxel.

Docvizzo go back to Cervantes that Setsuka was unbelievably weak. Words cannot explain it and i'm being so harsh cause you went on about how the U.S Setsuka's suck through subtle hinting.

Lol thanks for telling me Master of the obvious. Since you werent there you cant know that i couldnt pull of one combo with that PS pad + kept on jumping instead of backdashing, 22 instead of 33 etc etc...it was a mess. Still even without any A+KB Combo i managed a 3:3 against Mick the last evening. Both super tired and sure not the best performance from both but maybe compare to your results :) And my Setsuka wasnt even 50% with that pad...

DREAMKILLER, Clear your inbox!!! Yoo DK,

im sorry, we were out all day and just came home right now...went to the Jimmy Fallon show tonight :)

im without internet most of the time, only in the mornigs and late evenings when we come back...maybe thursday some beers somewhere? Answer on pm :)

Greets,doc.

Congratulations to all placers. It seems RTD can actually play. Too bad you wasted time using Wolkfrone bitch instead of a real character. I would have loved to play your apprentice when I was at it. Major props and congratulations.

Kira - great Cervy, but you have a lot to improve yet.
Dina - I'll give you some tips for Sophitia sometime soon.
Malek - I can almost see RTD turning to you after his win with "your powers are weak old man" quote... you have to stop this miserable streak of defeat. Also, did you play MM with Mick? how did it go?
Mick - excellent perfomance, looking forward to seeing you rock SC4 stage like you did in SC2
S-U - sad not to see you play anymore.
Damien - I was looking forward you MMing Mick, but you chicken out!?!
DreamKiller - congratulations! <3
Ramon - Your sophie is the only I actually used and copied in my Sophitia training. I will soon try to complete my training and bring up some videos. I only hope it will inspire people as much as my mitsu does xD Anyway, Glad to see Greek lady place high enough.
Docvizzo - ... you get it.

Just want to say Ramon was STRAIGHT FUCKIN' KING BEASTLY in this tournament! Other than that, great matches all around! And, Malek, you shouldn't scowl so much!

Belial, I get the Hilde hate and all that, but did you really question whether RTD could play before that? He's been a top, if not dominant top player for a long time, even more baffling is the fact that he disappears for long periods of time and comes back strong as ever. Solid mentality, solid philosophy and apparently no loss of reaction time. He's definitely not bashful about using the best characters available from time to time, but neither are most of the top players. Understanding the game such as you do... your comments kinda surprised me, even if mostly sarcastic, I don't think anyone would have taken him lightly regardless of character choice.

BTW was Hilde even banned for this event? (too lazy to search), I'll assume yes.

Back