NEC XII SC4 Full Results & Aftermath

The final major tournament for Soulcalibur IV is now in the books here at NEC XII in Philadelphia, PA. Competitors from across North America and Europe participated in one of the toughest tournaments that I have seen during the life of this game, along with those who came to try out the demo build of Soulcalibur V.

I would like to thank everyone who came through to NEC, to the European players for flying over to compete, to the staff who helped keep things going, and to Namco Bandai for their support of NEC XII. Everyone had a hand in making NEC an amazing success.

SC4 2 on 2 Random Teams: 16 Teams

1: LongShot - Malek
2: RTD - Niz
3: DK - Lolo
4: Partisan - LostProvidence
5: Keev - FTD
5: Scud - Goofus
7: MTFighter - ZeroEffect
7: thugish_pond - Sid
9: Rigel - KPC
9: Woahhzz - Page
9: Sporko - OOFMATIC
9: FightClubHuBBs - Kira
13: HumanTyphoon - JJJ
13: AkazukinChaCha - Eli123s
13: IceColdEdge - jimmypikachuchoi
13: NDK - BlackMambaMoan

Teams.gif

SC4 Singles: 57 Entrants
1: Woahhzz
2: Lolo
3: Scud
4: SCPartisan
5: Malek
5: RTD
7: Pantocrator
7: thugish_pond
9: DreamKiller
9: Keev
9: Mick
9: Rekki
13: ZeroEffect
13: ChaCha
13: OOFMATIC
13: Jian
17: Furzy
17: LP
17: Goofus
17: Ramon
17: MTFighter
17: Eli123s
17: Kira
17: Sporko
25: Aneudee
25: JJJ
25: Sid
25: OmegaXCN
25: Page
25: KPC
25: HumanTyphoon
25: ZMFallen
33: Livingshadow
33: IceColdEdge
33: JimmyPikachuChoi
33: Balack Omamba
33: NeoRussel
33: Kika
33: NDK
33: FightClubHuBBs
33: Chuck the Lancealot
33: Saion
33: Spider Fingers
33: FTD
33: Malice
33: Niz
33: P.Y.R.E
33: Rigel
49: Old Sifu
49: Why
49: Zbeast
49: JRWR7
49: Blackstar
49: Angel-sama
49: BigRichez
49: Arctic Komodo
49: Lowsweep

Singles.gif

North America Vs Europe

Team North America: RTD, Woahhzz, DreamKiller, OOFMATIC, thugish_pond, lolo, Mick (Coach)
Team Europe: Furzy, Keev, Malek (Coach), Kira, Pantocrator, Scud

RTD defeats Furzy
RTD defeats Keev
Malek defeats RTD
Woahhzz defeats Malek
Woahhzz defeats Kira
Pantocrator defeats Woahhzz
Pantocrator defeats DreamKiller
Pantocrator defeats OOFMATIC
thugish_pond defeats Pantocrator
Scud defeats thugish_pond
lolo defeats Scud

North America WINS!

Soulcalibur V Exhibition: Ramon wins defeating Mick in Grand Finals

Photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/malice215/sets/72157628292105283/

I would have liked to have seen the 2-on-2 team matches and singles for SC4. I was hoping to see someone I know on the stream.

I tried calling RTD to give him SC5 Hilde info... that didn't work out too well when I heard a female voice and a kid in the background. Oh well!

Yoshi saying that he would talk to Namco about bringing their top dev team players out to a tournament was interesting. I would love to see that happen

Playing SC5 at NEC was an amazing time, had a lot of fun testing shit and the game is fun as hell. I liked it a lot.

SC4 singles was my final SC4 effort, I repped Lizardman pretty well. Team NA vs Team France was off the hook, props to the whole team NA, you guys coached each other well and were all solid.

It was great seeing everyone, soooo many OG players/long lost souls came out, it was like a family reunion. Someone post up that community pic we all took, twas awesome and thanks to Big E, Hubbs, Jaxel and Filthie for making the effort to make SC a largely featured game and giving the community first class treatment. I appreciated the set up and my only wish is that the room was bigger :P

I had a great time. I wish I would have done better in singles, as pulling off an upset against Pantocrator would have been an amazing accomplishment for me, but I have a very hard time, personally, against Siegfried. I think i would have rather played any of the other french players, even if the odds are it wouldn't have changed anything.

Then I had to play Jian and his Siegfried in losers. www.sadface.frown

Still, amazing experience, great way to cap off SC IV.

Also, glad to see woahhzz getting some recognition from the players in this thread. I don't know if it's his youth or his modesty, but I swear the other top players don't give him the respect he deserves. He has literally won 95% of all the tournaments he has played in over the past 18-24 months (I can only remember two that he lost) and yet I've noticed, consistently, that the other top players always dismiss him in their speculation of who they think will win.

Anyhow, my message to them is this: Woahhzz is the best player in the world, and you can make any argument you want to the contrary, the numbers back it up. It ain't Philly dickriding, it's statistics.

Sporko - Anytime a Character consistently wins a tourney, that character is broke, and Tourneys Wins mean less, ie it wasnt abut player skill...So thats why no one was giving Woahhzz the spotlight.

I've been saying from the Get Go Woahhzz is an amazing player. I played him online, and when I play a person online, and have utmost respect for their game (Suirad is another) I have to admit they are the better player.

So yea. Woahhzz Is number one. He has the title. Anyone want it they have to take it from him and no one else.

I'd agree if I haven't seen, firsthand, that Woahhzz can and will deliver an asswhooping with any character he plays. The guy is a calibur encyclopedia

I watched the whole thing from my PS3. Good shit to everyone. I learned a lot about SC5. Props to everyone who went, especially lolo.

Some of the most fun Ive had watching a stream in a long time. Lolo's shuffle dance was fuckin epic win.

SC4 tourney felt secondary to the scv stuff. Even when Woahzz won, it felt un-climactic. But everyone was hype as fuck for scv. awesome stuff guys!!

Mad cause I cant get my GIF avy of lolo's dance to work... :(

HRD

Congrats Asian, I've always tell you that you are the best Ivy in the world, this tournament was only the confirmation of that.
Two FT10 prior the tournament, epic, for those who weren't there, I got the first one 10-4, and then Woahhzz got the second one 10-4.

And damn, loving my victory dance so much, it was so freaking spontaneous, I had so much joy at the moment I did it, lol.

We will do the shouts later, but for now thanks for Europe Team for coming, I know how hard is to travel that many hours just for a weekend

Shame the weekend is over already :(

Congrats to Woahhzz for taking singles and Lolo and Scud for placing top 3.

GGs to everyone I played and hope to see all of you again in SCV.

I'll post my for real shoutouts after I'm done with this 12hrs of travel to London. ;/

Back