[New England] Booze + Puritan Values

Yo, sorry I haven't been active here lately. Just been getting my ass kicked with a lot of things. However, Feb 3 - 5 is gonna be a kick ass convention in Warwick RI, called templecon, more importantly there will be a lan room with SCV as well as SSF4 Ae and UMVC3 and some Neo geo machines. You guys should definitely take a look and if your free that weekend come and join.
Oh word? Sounds good Krystian! As I said earlier, my car is shite until I get a new job, but if anyone else is rolling down there, it sounds like fun! I'll see what's up in that department in the coming days.

Welcome all newcomers! Welcome back all vets! It's AWESOME seeing everyone crawl out of the woodwork. I can't wait to have fun playing this game with you guys!! Take it from the few of us that have already played it: It's as good if not better than SCII, so get hype!

4 days s;wh;i3#$^%&2r9j/asdm@dflgb;j *head explodes*

Don Quixote - hello and welcome. Glad to hear you are ready to take the plunge into competitive gaming. Our community is very kind and accommodating, just treat everyone with respect and don't act a fool and you'll be just fine. It doesn't matter if you're young or not, just be cool and everyone will welcome you.

Cla - hello and welcome to you as well. As far as VT/NH players go, you are the first player from VT to post on this board afaik. There was a dedicated player from NH though, and his name is HervE (anybody heard from him?!) . However, if you can use this forum, our Facebook page, and our Twiiter feed (see my sig for links) to help cultivate a scene out there, then I'm sure some of us could come meet you halfway somewhere or even travel to VT for an event. I really hope to see a scene develop in VT, it only makes New England stronger as a region.

Kikaleek - what's up bro? Good to see you. What day is SCV going to be held at that Convention? Because Feb.5th = Superbowl, and that will surely hurt attendance (I myself won't be able to go), could you maybe post a link for the Con? Is there a website for it?

Jian - I forgot to say "gg's" here about Tuesday. Thanks for meeting me and going out to GPUSA with me. Also, Golden Corral feasts are awesome. Must do it again sometime. I'm also ordering one of those sweet converters from eTokki.com you told me about. And according to Whiteshadow, Jake is the manager of GPUSA, so I'm sure we can talk to him about holding a tournament there in March. Are you going out to Holyoke next Wednesday for Western Mass Impact? Let me know.

Anyone else planning on going to the "Pixels not Bombs" tourney in
Braintree this Sunday?

Also, as far as the CaS/DJ controversy stuff goes, I'll post on that later, I just get sick of typing all this on my phone. =\

Alright, so it seems like Ivan got everything setup for TNT Pizza. We will be running this on Wednesdays. Our first day will be on February 1st (the day after SC5 launch). $5 venue. Since it's a pizza place, you can buy pizza and drinks there. If you're over 21, you can also buy beer there as well. I'm 99% sure there's no outside food allowed so be considerate. However, if you're not feeling up to pizza, there are other fast food joints close to the venue. They start at 4PM and are willing to stay open until 2AM. We will also have UMvC3, AE2012, MK9, and KOF13. I understand that PS3 is the agreed system but since most of us in Western MA play on Xbox, most of our setups will be on Xbox. I can provide 1 PS3 (my own), but I will not have a copy of a the game so if you can bring a copy or bring your own setup, that would be most helpful. The address is 548 South Street, Holyoke, MA 01040. I hope you guys can make it!
Glad to see this shaping up Kona, but unfortunately I work until 8 every weekday and Holyoke is a two hour drive for me. By the time I got there I'd have to turn around and come home and get to bed for work the next morning =/

If you get stuff going on the weekends I'd be more likely to come.

We're not going to be limited to just casuals. We plan on running tournaments there as well. I'll get more details from Ivan soon.

i got a call from none other than vicioussuicide today asking me if im going to EVO....ahhhhhhh shheeeeeeeit

Dt.JohnKimble are you a cop? :rollseyes:

Fox there may be a go0fus sighting at PNB's! and im not givin people rides so i can WINNN ;p (jk maybe?)

I didn't think I'd be able to go to the Pixels not Bombs tournament because I don't have a car at the moment (-.-) but it looks like the GS is only a 10 minute walk from the T? So all I have to do is take the bus to South Station then head to Braintree.

Hope everyone's efforts to get venues secured for future events go well. I admit I'm still a little shy about getting into the scene but all of the enthusiasm and friendliness shown here is helping me get over that.

In light of Tocool being "the man" with no other possible terms, I think if there is a rules dispute to be solved, falling back on EVO rules might be a nice way to go about it.

I'll let it rest at that for now, but I'm smirking. Looking forward to next week a ton.

GG's to Fox as well.

I'll be going to Ivan's event next Wed for sure when I get out of work so probably around 6 or 7 will be there.

I can't believe the release date is so close.

@Kona, did you prepurchase this game sir?

I'll be going to Ivan's event next Wed for sure when I get out of work so probably around 6 or 7 will be there.

I can't believe the release date is so close.

@Kona, did you prepurchase this game sir?
I'll see you on Wednsday. I didn't pre-order the game because I have no money. I'll pick it up once I land a job.

I went to temple con last year for Yugioh. Was overall a good event, had anything tabletop I could ever think of. Saw random garou machines

Kikaleek - thanks for the link. I'll have to check the site out more when I get home.

I thought everyone just called Ivan "Stickboy"? And what's this about Tocool being "the man"? So, if the DJ/CaS tourney controversy has been settled by "the powers that be" :rolleyes: , then is there a definitive date for the first BONE? Love to see a thread up.

I didn't think I'd be able to go to the Pixels not Bombs tournament because I don't have a car at the moment (-.-) but it looks like the GS is only a 10 minute walk from the T? So all I have to do is take the bus to South Station then head to Braintree.

Hope everyone's efforts to get venues secured for future events go well. I admit I'm still a little shy about getting into the scene but all of the enthusiasm and friendliness shown here is helping me get over that.

Correct, it's a very short walk from the Braintree T station to the GameStop. Make sure to head towards the shopping plaza with the BestBuy, as there is another GameStop about the same walking distance but in the opposite direction.

GUYS. Game Underground WILL be having 11 (was 12, but me, so yeah) copies of SCV for midnight launch!! Get your asses in here or call to reserve. Quantity is limited, so first come, first serve. Text me if you need to, just get in touch!!

Kikaleek - thanks for the link. I'll have to check the site out more when I get home.

I thought everyone just called Ivan "Stickboy"? And what's this about Tocool being "the man"? So, if the DJ/CaS tourney controversy has been settled by "the powers that be" :rolleyes: , then is there a definitive date for the first BONE? Love to see a thread up.
Soul Calibur guys call Ivan Stickboy because of his scrubby Kilik from way back. He goes by Phoenix though. I call him Ivan because i've known him to long to call him anything that isn't his real name or scrub.

Back