New frames, new thread!

Ok so, I'd like to reiterate my comment about taki 2bA/4a+bA being i8 with the follow addition: CH 2A 4a+bA is a combo.

Hey guys! It's been awhile. Just wondering if anybody has the data on Taki's tech jump/crouch moves. At what point do they become jumps or ducks respectively? Recently i've been using K2 alot in between my opponents high/low poke strings with a lot of success and using 66K/66A to jump long range lows, but I never knew the technical data for these, just eyeballed it. I'm mainly interested in her kicks that act as a both a high & low crush at some point in the animation (K2, 22K, 66K) as I feel these are the ones that really open up her defensive game if applied right. 66K gets too much hate imo (great anti-Hilde tool)...it has CRAZY properties for all the disadvantage it has and is great for interrupting strings or fishing for CHs intelligently. Also, it can almost guarantee an opponents 2A/throw answer which you can take advantage of.

I know the 33B tech crouch is hella fast. Pretty sure starts before 8 frames, because I can't hit her out of it with Mekki.

I tested some of the other stuff, but I need to figure out better tests before I post anything.

i think 33A is actually i16. the timing is really really strict, but it's possible to land it after a blocked BBB from Taki. i don't think it's the BBB that fluctuates at -16~-17 because i haven't been able to land 6K once.

K2 seems to jump the 11th frame: ABK blocked (-3), K2 jumps 2A (i14). 4K blocked (-4), K2 eats a 2A.

66K Tech Jumps starting from the 7th frame : 33A blocked (-8), 66K eats a 2A. FC 2B or KK blocked (-7), 66K jumps 2A.
Tech Crouches on the 4th frame (!!!): 2A blocked, 66K crouches Taki AA. KK blocked, 66K does not.

22K seems to jump at the 11th or maybe 10th frame : blocked 4K, 22K (with opponent's back to ring edge) jumps 2A once in a while (i might just suck at buffering this move). WS B or B on hit (-3), 22K jumps 2A consistently.

66A seems to jump at the 10th frame : blocked 4K, 66A jumps 2A.

3B Tech Crouches frames 7 through 11 : B, 3B crouches Taki A ; etc.. ; 33A, 3B gets hit by Taki A.

66B Tech Crouches from frame 7 until maybe the last frame . As above, and Stun PO A (+9) trades with Taki A.

33B Tech Crouches from frame 8 to i dunno. B hit, 33B loses to Taki A.

22K seems to jump at the 11th or maybe 10th frame : blocked 4K, 22K (with opponent's back to ring edge) jumps 2A once in a while (i might just suck at buffering this move). WS B or B on hit (-3), 22K jumps 2A consistently

You might be getting mixed results because she does a different flip depending on which side you are on. From 1p (i believe) 22K does the flip where her feet leave the ground first (fastest tech jump) and 88K her head tilts first and then she jumps.

Nice work LKV, gonna do some testing when I get home :)

Taki is crazy...I don't understand how you guys can think that fast for more than maybe 5 games, lol.

Then again I guess your opponent has to think pretty quick too if they wanna keep up. But still...

well i play a lot of Tekken... SCIV is pretty slow compared to Tekken, where almost everyone has a 10f jab :P

@ MoTempest: yeah i did notice a difference between the two. yesterday i was playing with 22K_88K versus Taki's K and was a bit confused as to why i got some counterhits with one version but not the other. i thought it could be a stepping issue because the one that goes to her right, 88K as 1P i guess, was beating the K's while the other wasn't, and that is Taki's weak side. can't remember the lead up before the 22_88K right now though.

I take no answer in 4 weeks as a yes :)

I added the evasion frames. Although there is still stuff missing like 44B etc. I'll keep it up.

I also redid the Back Turned and Back Turning stuff by kicking Taki in the back with WS K.

And i inserted CH 1K which has 4 positive frames just in case you didn't know.

And i inserted PO 8K(Back) which seems the way it's meant to be used, since it is +4 on hit and -12 on Block and thus safer than most moves. And way better than the front version which is punishable by 6B even on hit lol.

haha sorry man i somehow assumed that you were just going to do it. i should have said something, my bad. also i kinda wanted someone to verify my findings, but oh wells. thanks for posting them.

hmm sorry to spoil the party, but i tested CH 1K and i got it as +1. CH 1K,6B trades with Taki's 1B.

hmm sorry to spoil the party, but i tested CH 1K and i got it as +1. CH 1K,6B trades with Taki's 1B.

Yeah i must have confused something because i remember CH 1K, WS K trading with 2A (so it is +1)
Dunno how the +4 happened. I guess it was hope lol. I corrected it but i still hae to retest it on stun hit.
At least it's a positive low and WS K should beat a lot of other characters 2As.

EDIT okay not that many 2As i looked up cass and mits whose 2As are also i14... even cervys mid 6K is i14... oh well at least some advantage :(

well on the bright side, if all they have is 2A then your FC 2A will still beat theirs. not to mention jumping and tech jumping moves, and 4A+B~A might actually catch them before the tech crouch of their 2A. if they try other attacks, WS K_A wins.

When I test stance data I go big... By that I mean I incorperate the time it takes her to enter PO and execute the move... That's why her stance data is slow and her attack~transitions into PO have large numbers involved... I think it's more of an efficient way of testing Stance Data for characters because delaying attacks from stances is just borrowed time and increasing unsafety... When Sig does 3~SCH and takes 6 frames to delay his SCH A he can be interuppted by many more attacks in theory, but because you are unsure as to how Sig will react you might hesitate even though Sig is on borrowed time ~ lol... I guess thats an average example... I don't think leaving out the frames it takes Taki to enter PO and execute her move is a good idea, I look at the attacks transitioning into a stance as a shortcut... The only time in-stance-data would be effective is with "permanant stances" like Nightmare's NSS... Yes I meant 33A~PO, sorry for the confusion, that move is very good on hit... And, Big RayRay is boss...
EDIT:
What I'm trying to say is I believe the transition doesn't matter with non-permanent stances...

PB-ADAMAS told me how to test stance data.
Do a move that has transition into a stance and then any stance move.
Now the first move from the opponent that hits as a counter
(countering said stance move instead of just punishing the move that enters the stance)
Shows you when the transition ends and where the stance move begins.
I'm gonna apply this and test the whole stance thing again.

And i'm gonna test the variations of 22_88K too.

BTW.: There seem to be differences in direction on more moves. What i've seen until now:

22_88K: Evasion varies.

22_88A: Damage varies and maybe evasion too?

33_99K: Range varies. 99K(the direction of her leading leg) seems to reach farther than 33K. But 99K seems to knock the opponent farther back too which is bad again...

further testing...

well on the bright side, if all they have is 2A then your FC 2A will still beat theirs. not to mention jumping and tech jumping moves, and 4A+B~A might actually catch them before the tech crouch of their 2A. if they try other attacks, WS K_A wins.

quoting your self is lame, but i tested the CH 1K,4A+B~A and it does indeed beat 2A. Taki vs. Taki. but you have to have perfect execution of the 4A+B~A other wise 2A will tech crouch it.

4A+B~A might not have the best recovery, but it's pretty damn useful at times.

truthfully, the one thing I would like to see for Taki is for WS K to be a move that you can hold and charge... at full charge it would be like +2 on block and lift stun on clean or counter hit and when not charged it would be like it is now...

just wishful thinking cause Taki's WS game has kinda sucked since SC3 (I think it has more to do with the lack of frame advantage after lows hit)

yeah wishful thinking indeed :P

but while we're at it, how about a WS A cancel into BT? that would be awesome. or really any type of cancel into BT. maybe BAK~G or something where she already has some kind of spin animation.

well SC4 is the first SC that i've taken seriously, so i can't really say much about WL moves. but, for Taki, any sort of mixup is welcome, lol. from what i remember from SC3 vids, Taki's WL game was pretty powerful.

i think that if she had a better low, or if 1A was faster, or if 4A had better recovery, we'd be on to something. and a decent way to get into BT (is this horse dead yet? lol). something like Raven's qcf+2~b, or d/b+2, in T6BR if you're familiar with that. slight disadvantage/advantage on block/hit to make things fair. it gets a bit exhausting to have to hope for 22A to hit or for 4_5A+K to not get punished/beaten in order to apply her only powerful h/m/l mixup other than Hover. although i do enjoy hopping around the screen, i must admit.

some loose frame data:

44B: tech crouches from ~2nd or 3rd frame until ~14th or 15th frame.

test: Vs Nightmare's 6A, i15~16. on block, AB; 3A. 9B_K2_1A on hit fail, but STK K and 33[ABB]B win.

gonna have to test more thoroughly, but it's basically a near-instant TC from standing, and it might even TC a frame or two faster from FC.

Back