New SOULCALIBUR Title at E3? *EDIT: Hah! Nope

• Admin
The rumor mills are spinning! With the Facebook Popularity Poll ending last week, people have been wondering if Namco was about to unveil a new SOULCALIBUR title this year at E3. After all, Lost Swords is over a year old now, and was single player only. A new mothership SOULCALIBUR title tends to come out every 3-4 years, so now would be the time to get this party started.

While E3 opens to the public on Tuesday, the event actually begins for the press on Sunday. With the Microsoft keynote airing on Monday morning, and Sony during the evening, we could know the details within the next few days. So be sure to stick to 8WAYRUN to hear the news; as we will try our best to keep you all updated with the relevant information.

In the meantime, lets talk. What do you want out of a new SOULCALIBUR game? What are your expectations? New characters? Guest Characters? A complete reboot to bring back the older characters?

Personally, with Talim winning the popularity poll; I expect her to be in the next title. Hell, the biggest reason I stopped playing SOULCALIBUR was because Talim wasn't in the recent game. Talim is the reason I play fighting games at all. muh talim @BrewtusBibulus and @NeoOutlaw used to come over to my place and play SOULCALIBUR on the Dreamcast; and I was just never into it. It wasn't until Talim in SOULCALIBUR II where I actually got into fighting games.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
I guess they made a mistake on the page, it must be Dark Souls 3. Nothing else to see, going back to my cave until Bamco stops kittening things up. Time they get their thumbs out of their rear end.

Looks like a typo yea... I still think that they would want to show Soul Calibur the same time as all this SFV news, positive association with fighting game popularity at the time was what got SCV half assedly made in the first place.

It doesn't make sense? It written as "Dark Fall 3: Lost Souls" which has been out for years... So it's obviously not a typo of "Dark Souls 3"... Also Namco didn't even make Dark Fall 3 wtf?

Capture.PNG

There's going to be some pissed off people today if SCVI doesn't appear at E3. I hope that they'll get it out there if not this year, maybe next year. However you Xbox One owners should feel a bit happy that you can play some of the Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One.

How much time left before Namco announce their unannounced title? I'm a bit confused with time zones (my time is +10 hour to E3 time zone) and it does not help that in my country we use 24 hour time format, while in USA 12 hour time format is common, so i'm completely lost in understanding when is 12:20 pm, is it 0:20 am or 12:00+0:20 am, or what?
Kinda stupid on my side, but help me please, so at least i whould know when my E3 hype must be at max (and when i am probably gonna be disappointed a bit, if SC6 announcement at E3 is not going to happen).

I'm just mad at myself for believing into this. After all, I've seen what PS has been focusing on, so I'm not even surprised no good SC game is being worked on, they'll just release a new ecchi costume soon and that's it.

Don't give up hope yet, just wait to see what the announcement is first. It may not be "Dark Fall 3: Lost Souls" seems that that's not a namco title, it may just be an error on the website. Even if it is that, still don't give up. There are still more titles to be announced. And for the millionth time if nothing is announced here it will most probably be at TGS... Although SCV and SCIV where first announced at E3, but we'll just see!

Also Soul series will be turning 20 years old in January 2016.... soooo maybe bebe then! This also gives me hope of an announcement now. Capcom never shut up about anniversaries!

Last edited:
Also Soul series will be turning 30 years old in January 2016.... soooo maybe bebe then! This also gives me hope of an announcement now. Capcom never shut up about anniversaries!
The original Soul Edge came out in 1995 then ver.II came out Jan 1996 :) So it's the 20th anniversary this year. Unless Project Soul class Soul Edge Ver II as "the first game" :)

Don't give up hope yet, just wait to see what the announcement is first. It may not be "Dark Fall 3: Lost Souls" seems that that's not a namco title, it may just be an error on the website. Even if it is that, still don't give up. There are still more titles to be announced. And for the millionth time if nothing is announced here it will most probably be at TGS... Although SCV and SCIV where first announced at E3, but we'll just see!

I think SCVI might get announced at EVO 2015 because Tekken 7 was announced at EVO last year. E3 2015 has SF5 because of the Sony/Capcom deal. Namco doesn't even have T7 there. Instead the only fighters they have are Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, Godzilla, & Project X Zone 2.

Live streams

14 Viewers
Deh_Caster
Deh_Caster
SoulCalibur VI Speedrun - Sigam @fichafinalfgc

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members