New SOULCALIBUR Title at E3? *EDIT: Hah! Nope

• Admin
The rumor mills are spinning! With the Facebook Popularity Poll ending last week, people have been wondering if Namco was about to unveil a new SOULCALIBUR title this year at E3. After all, Lost Swords is over a year old now, and was single player only. A new mothership SOULCALIBUR title tends to come out every 3-4 years, so now would be the time to get this party started.

While E3 opens to the public on Tuesday, the event actually begins for the press on Sunday. With the Microsoft keynote airing on Monday morning, and Sony during the evening, we could know the details within the next few days. So be sure to stick to 8WAYRUN to hear the news; as we will try our best to keep you all updated with the relevant information.

In the meantime, lets talk. What do you want out of a new SOULCALIBUR game? What are your expectations? New characters? Guest Characters? A complete reboot to bring back the older characters?

Personally, with Talim winning the popularity poll; I expect her to be in the next title. Hell, the biggest reason I stopped playing SOULCALIBUR was because Talim wasn't in the recent game. Talim is the reason I play fighting games at all. muh talim @BrewtusBibulus and @NeoOutlaw used to come over to my place and play SOULCALIBUR on the Dreamcast; and I was just never into it. It wasn't until Talim in SOULCALIBUR II where I actually got into fighting games.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
There is being optimistic but then there is just being plain delusional.

What happens if SC6 isn't announced at TGS?
Oh, maybe they'll show it at CEO.

What happens if SC6 isn't announced at CEO?
Oh, maybe they'll show it at EVO.

What happens if SC6 isn't announced at EVO?
Oh, maybe they'll blah blah blah...

Street Fighter V is coming along nicely. Battlefront looks good, too.
Ok,so what do you want now?

I'm calling those certain people delusional because they're expecting way too much and then crying about it when nothing happens. Soul Calibur isn't a triple A franchise. It's a fighting game that appeals to a niche audience so it's no surprise they wouldn't announce ANYTHING on it at E3.

I'm just being realistic.

Why do these threads always end up being "I told you so" contests.

Its ok for people to have wanted a Soul Calibur 6 announcement for E3 and itd be ok if they pray for a TGS announcement too.

Bandai did afterall say they had a special game announcement for E3.
So how is anyone being delusional or unrealistic?

I'm calling those certain people delusional because they're expecting way too much and then crying about it when nothing happens. Soul Calibur isn't a triple A franchise. It's a fighting game that appeals to a niche audience so it's no surprise they wouldn't announce ANYTHING on it at E3.

I'm just being realistic.
First of all,Soul Calibur is a triple A game.
Second,people weren't expecting 'way too much'.Given the state that PS is currently at.Even IGN was expecting a new SC game.
After the poll,the many hints from hoshino at the SC fanpage,and the fact that it takes 3~4 years between every SC game,it's only natural for the fans to expect a new SC game already.

Yeah and that special game was Dark Souls 3. It was unrealistic that SCVI would show up at E3 because like Peacock said, it only appeals to a niche audience whereas Souls games are gain an immense following where they're practically AAA games now.

First of all,Soul Calibur is a triple A game.
Second,people weren't expecting 'way too much'.Given the state that PS is currently at.Even IGN was expecting a new SC game.
After the poll,the many hints from hoshino at the SC fanpage,and the fact that it takes 3~4 years between every SC game,it's only natural for the fans to expect a new SC game already.

1. Soul Calibur is not a triple A game series. Unless it's SC2 then I'd say that was an AAA game.
2. IGN is never a good video game website. Same with Kotaku, Polygon, and Cracked.
3. Yeah while it does take 3-4 years for new SC game, the fact that Lost Swords is still a thing and still being supported means that it'll probably be another year for any glimpse of SCVI, but who knows.

For those people hoping that they announce something for SC6 at Evo, I highly doubt they would. The Evo crowd consists mostly of 2D fighters (especially this year due to the lack of any 3D fighters in the official lineup). They did it with Tekken because its Tekken, and it garners a reasonable amount of interest from the competitive crowd. Soul Calibur doesn't get the same respect from the the general fgc, not to mention they already planned for Tekken 7 arcade cabinets to be there, so makes anyone think they're going to do anything to take away attention from Tekken 7 to announce another Soul Calibur game.

Yeah and that special game was Dark Souls 3. It was unrealistic that SCVI would show up at E3 because like Peacock said, it only appeals to a niche audience whereas Souls games are gain an immense following where they're practically AAA games now.

I wasnt going to bother posting anymore but geez.

Nobody knew the surprise game was Darksouls3, can you be fair and honest and agree with that at least?

Considering the fact that the FB poll went live rougly a month ago, ANY rational human can deduce that a Soulcalibur 6 announcement at E3 was AT LEAST possible.

Live streams

20 Viewers
noxdeanoctis
noxdeanoctis
Good morning for some SC!
9 Viewers
Vaine3D
Vaine3D
🏳️‍🌈[+18][PTBR] SEXXTOUUU COM A BISSEX // !COMANDOS // COMANDOS DE !AUDIOS
1 Viewers
ApolloXXXCreed
ApolloXXXCreed
[EN] [XBOX] for one to gain another has to lose /Grinding...

This week's events

SoulCalibur VI EVO Japan side event
Ariake GYM-EX, Tokyo (Tokyo Big Site)
3-chōme-11-1 Ariake, Koto City, Tokyo 135-0063, Japan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca9974
Back