New SOULCALIBUR Title at E3? *EDIT: Hah! Nope

• Admin
The rumor mills are spinning! With the Facebook Popularity Poll ending last week, people have been wondering if Namco was about to unveil a new SOULCALIBUR title this year at E3. After all, Lost Swords is over a year old now, and was single player only. A new mothership SOULCALIBUR title tends to come out every 3-4 years, so now would be the time to get this party started.

While E3 opens to the public on Tuesday, the event actually begins for the press on Sunday. With the Microsoft keynote airing on Monday morning, and Sony during the evening, we could know the details within the next few days. So be sure to stick to 8WAYRUN to hear the news; as we will try our best to keep you all updated with the relevant information.

In the meantime, lets talk. What do you want out of a new SOULCALIBUR game? What are your expectations? New characters? Guest Characters? A complete reboot to bring back the older characters?

Personally, with Talim winning the popularity poll; I expect her to be in the next title. Hell, the biggest reason I stopped playing SOULCALIBUR was because Talim wasn't in the recent game. Talim is the reason I play fighting games at all. muh talim @BrewtusBibulus and @NeoOutlaw used to come over to my place and play SOULCALIBUR on the Dreamcast; and I was just never into it. It wasn't until Talim in SOULCALIBUR II where I actually got into fighting games.

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
No,because most of the members here focus on nothing but game play.

The best aspect about SCV was the gameplay improvement,sure.
But that ,along with the CaS system,were the only good aspects of that horrible game..
Well guess what,your opinions are nothing but bubbles waiting to be burst.Because if PS continue on that route,it will kill the Soul series.
SCV was heavily criticized and judged by most of the fandom as the worst game in the series because of all that it lacks.
And the shitfaces here want scvi to be exactly like scv, and give the middle finger to everything expect the gameplay mechanics.Which would make scvi the last sc game to ever be made.

This website has 14k members,and ONLY 15-30 members max are online daily...
While the facebook page has almost 3.5k likes.
Err no, if the gameplay is good, the game is good regardless of extra features. You can't have a good game without good gameplay simple as that. There's a reason why they are called "Games" silly willy

Reactions: CFW
No,because most of the members here focus on nothing but game play.

lol, you are fucking retarded

With this said. Keep in mind this website exists for people who enjoy the mechanics more than anything else. We do not necessarily want the story and shit to remain barebones but we simply do not care. We want good games where we think and prove we're better than people.

Err no, if the gameplay is good, the game is good regardless of extra features. You can't have a good game without good gameplay simple as that. There's a reason why they are called "Games" silly willy
Some people like the extra features: story, CAS etc...
So if gameplay is solely the only good thing in the game then said person won't like the game as much. It's a matter of preference.

There's no need for you to call everyone "a bunch of faggots". And if anyone is a "faggot" then so what? Stop trying to use it as an insult, people like you are the downfall of this society, calling people "faggots".

Yeah,loling and calling me names 'cause you don't have proper responses.
Fucking shitfaces with egos bigger than their asses.

No, Dime. Don't you see that Soul is correct?

Fuck gameplay! Yeah! Fuck the actual game!
Let's just have nothing but CaS contests and 7-Eleven rosters featuring EVERYBODY because fuck change! Fuck stepping out of the box! Let's have a story mode, arcade mode and CaS leaderboard to see how many times you can beat the story mode! This is obviously what Soul Calibur is about!

Not gameplay, but gimmicks!

Why the fuck am I here? What does this existence mean? Is there a point? Are we more than just hydrogen atoms? What am I?

DIME, I see your point. We will agree to disagree.
lol, you are fucking retarded

that and i'm at work right now.and honestly, replying to you with anything more than a shitpost would be too much effort in a work environment. I apologize for that simple inconvenience despite me being adamantly against your opinion.

Last edited:
Some people like the extra features: story, CAS etc...
So if gameplay is solely the only good thing in the game then said person won't like the game as much. It's a matter of preference.

There's no need for you to call everyone "a bunch of faggots". And if anyone is a "faggot" then so what? Stop trying to use it as an insult, people like you are the downfall of this society, calling people "faggots".
Point to where I said "faggot" please, as far as things go Im not against extra features I never really use them, but I understand that those things have value to people. However there are certain aspects that people want that they dont consider the cost on. Story is the big thing that drives me fucking crazy. People wanting stories in games isnt bad its just that during mid gameplay the player is more focused on the gameplay mechanics at hand and not the story. But the really big difference of story over things like CaS is just how damn expensive it is. Cutscenes are single handedly the most expensive portion of a game to produce. Why waste the majority of money on something the player isn't going to consider during mid gameplay over things that will, such as balance adding more mechanics and unique trade offs. @Soul @Nyte

Point to where I said "faggot" please, as far as things go Im not against extra features I never really use them, but I understand that those things have value to people. However there are certain aspects that people want that they dont consider the cost on. Story is the big thing that drives me fucking crazy. People wanting stories in games isnt bad its just that during mid gameplay the player is more focused on the gameplay mechanics at hand and not the story. But the really big difference of story over things like CaS is just how damn expensive it is. Cutscenes are single handedly the most expensive portion of a game to produce. Why waste the majority of money on something the player isn't going to consider during mid gameplay over things that will, such as balance adding more mechanics and unique trade offs. @Soul @Nyte
So you literally want a game that is single player, vs, and online. Nothing else, that's it. Because that's what it sounds like. If that is all you want, don't you think it would get boring after a while? Doing the same thing over and over again. Then, when a new game comes out the same thing all again, with a change to the mechanics? I personally care about all the extra features a game offers. To me, all those features gives me more things to do and make the game more fun to me. Yes, obviously while I'm fighting none of that matters, only the mechanics do, but when I want to create my own character or unlock new things I can... Without them little features I would get bored after a while.

Here is where you called everyone "faggots".
Capture.PNG

The cost part is true, it takes a fractional amount of effort to do things like balance and whatnot once all the modeling and animation is done (and they just rip most of the animations from the older games anyway and maybe make some slight adjustments).

Forcing the crew to spend more time on mediocre side-shit is just taking away from its quality as a fighting game. Look at SC3 for example. A game with fantastic art direction and lots of extra crap. Had they the time to look into the bugs and balance issues it woulda been GOAT. Instead we got an imbalanced, glitchy mess.

So you literally want a game that is single player, vs, and online. Nothing else, that's it. Because that's what it sounds like. If that is all you want, don't you think it would get boring after a while? Doing the same thing over and over again. Then, when a new game comes out the same thing all again, with a change to the mechanics? I personally care about all the extra features a game offers. To me, all those features gives me more things to do and make the game more fun to me. Yes, obviously while I'm fighting none of that matters, only the mechanics do, but when I want to create my own character or unlock new things I can... Without them little features I would get bored after a while.

I've been playing Soul Calibur V online for almost three years.

Even with the lackluster story mode and single player features, I think it's safe to say I've gotten my 40 dollars worth. People who have also played SCV for that long also get what the REAL Soul Calibur game is supposed to be about.

Shit, why do you think people have still been playing Street Fighter IV for seven fucking years? Because it's not about the story, it's about the gameplay. It's about playing against a human opponent, not A.I.

If offline content in a fighting game is something you want, play Mortal Kombat.

I've been playing Soul Calibur V online for almost three years.

Even with the lackluster story mode and single player features, I think it's safe to say I've gotten my 40 dollars worth. People who have also played SCV for that long also get what the REAL Soul Calibur game is supposed to be about.

Shit, why do you think people have still been playing Street Fighter IV for seven fucking years? Because it's not about the story, it's about the gameplay. It's about playing against a human opponent, not A.I.

If offline content in a fighting game is something you want, play Mortal Kombat.
I still play Soulcalibur IV, I still like creating characters on Soulcalibur IV. I like making new data's an unlocking everything again. I like playing Arcade or Tower of Lost Souls or the story when I cba going online. I like the extra features.

Nah, never really enjoyed Mortal Kombat.

Please stop using the word faggot. Faggot is even offensive if you type faggot like this: "faggot." And the more you type faggot, the more offensive faggot becomes. Even a faggot like Xyerith calling a faggot "faggot" is unacceptable, and downright faggoty.
faggot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrdaniyel
Back