Nightmare Web Theater.

You inadvertently (I think) hit a nugget there - you don't have to play a set way with each character - look at the difference between Scud and Malek's styles... I realise it's Ivy, but hey!
Surely you've seen people with strategies so daft they just work? (Tademasu :P) Anyways - my point is that regardless of your characters tools - they are open to be played a number of different ways. I once played a NM that practically lived in GS for example.
Just because of a characters limitations they are not impossible to use in certain ways. As a NM you should know that. Just because you disagree with my style it is no less valid than yours - though I will play about with flapjack/WSB - sounds like fun ^_^

Yeah there are styles which work and there are styles which dont work. Yeah sure you can play your style of w/e, but if your style makes you throw away games, ignore your character's strengths and lose and you are happy with that; then fine. Nothing i can say. At the end of the day, its whether you like losing and if you enjoy it (which some people do), nothing i can say.

However, I do not know what you style is really. Never seen one of your videos before so i shouldn't be judging. So put one up why don't you, so you can back up everything you are saying. Not going to be another Jink are you (i.e. a player who talks big, doesn't know what hes talking about and/or hasn't done jack in years)? I would love to watch one of your videos so i can give half arsed one sentence comments which do not make sense too.

Ok then, there are four vids on YouTube of me doing casuals with Zaigonen - these were recorded when I first made the switch to offline and I didn't really know how to fight Rugi, so I acknowledge I'm lousy in those fights :S
Nowadays they are a LOT better but currently they're the only videos of me uploaded - save one drug fuelled mess about with a Kilik player XD
Anyways - it's in the Siegfried videos section.
Or you could just search Synraii on YouTube.
Feel free to send me a half arsed comment after watching them, but I don't need telling how bad I wS in those videos - when I watch them now I almost cringe, so I know that already

Interesting actually. Zaignonen has decent spacing but its hard to tell how good he is due to the unknown level of defense of his opponents (i.e. i don't know how good the opposition is). As this is the Nightmare forums, ill comment on this video instead to bring it back to topic:

He basically killed himself in this match. More 11K, more grab, more B+K spacing. Punish Mitsu 66BB with FC3B. I think he was too eager to attack (his playstyle) and thats what got him killed. More empty GS, more side step (reduces the danger of 2KB, 3B etc mixup), use 1A or 11B against relic mixup with IagA, 3AA, 33B, GS A when he starts jumping etc etc.

Too many GS transitions got him stomped. Example: at 4:06, had he stalled and stayed in NSS, Mitsu would have whiffed 6B, giving him a free NSS bA. He also tried too many FC B+Gs close to the wall, that kind of stuff is easy to see and will be broken by anyone with a decent throw defense. I will give him props for the manly use of 66 B+K though!

He also got crushed by CH assaults in the second round. He had that one in the bag but was far to eager and messed it up and got pummeled.

Not enough 3A CH, 33B (Teach Trap) for Relic or Mist either. He was in optimum range for both several times and didn't use it.

But Tade's style is extremely aggressive, I've played that limy brit a few times and he's extremely aggressive, but has fun with it.

Although this match was offline - the monitor it was on was EXTREMELY laggy so in this series, Zaigonen just got bored and lag spammed everyone XD
I wouldn't bother trying to make sense of that match - it may as well've been an online 3 bar =\

Too many GS transitions got him stomped. Example: at 4:06, had he stalled and stayed in NSS, Mitsu would have whiffed 6B, giving him a free NSS bA. He also tried too many FC B+Gs close to the wall, that kind of stuff is easy to see and will be broken by anyone with a decent throw defense. I will give him props for the manly use of 66 B+K though!

He also got crushed by CH assaults in the second round. He had that one in the bag but was far to eager and messed it up and got pummeled.

Not enough 3A CH, 33B (Teach Trap) for Relic or Mist either. He was in optimum range for both several times and didn't use it.

But Tade's style is extremely aggressive, I've played that limy brit a few times and he's extremely aggressive, but has fun with it.

Against Relic or Mist, 1A is easily the best option, Mitsu has little defence against it and if he guesses wrong or mistimes his jump, he will get hit for big damage.

True, though I never like using 1A for either of them mainly due to the jump ability of both. Though if you want to psych them out, 1Ak isn't a bad option either if they jump correctly.

True, though I never like using 1A for either of them mainly due to the jump ability of both. Though if you want to psych them out, 1Ak isn't a bad option either if they jump correctly.

The flaw with that mindset is that Mitsurugi cannot block those stances, in Mist stance he is completely vulnerable to 33B or anything really (but no good Mitsu will be in Mist stance for very long) and in Relic he has to rely on his A+B+K to keep him safe; if he misses it, hes in big trouble. As such most Mitsu's will try to advance on you as quickly as possible so that he is in range of RL A, RL K or RL B. As such he will be completely vulnerable to 1A as he advances.

If he enters RL at close range, beware of RL K (RL K CH or NH gives him massive positive frames, only react if you block it and even then beware of RL A and RL A+B+K) or transition into Mist for the low/high (cant remember whats it called). RL A is a special mid; i.e. you can block it in crouch and duck the second hit to punish with WR [ B ] or if he drops stance 3b/33b. If you block RL K, the push block will allow you to take a step back or B+K. The B+K should put you out of range of any follow up (including RL B) which should allow you to get NSS A+B. However, this is not 100% so be careful and use sparingly.

Ok 66B+K usage needs work too. 66B+K is an awesome linear tech jump move which no one seems to know how to use properly :D.

66B+K is extremely deadly when facing the wall cause if it lands, the wallsplat will lead to combos in the 80-100 range. However, in normal usage, it is best used either as a spacing tool and/or a safe mid/throw mixup. On tip, this move on block is utterly safe and allows you to set up a guard impact trap, a step trap or you can B+K and bait a whiff. Or you can just block.

The other way to use this move (and keev is the only one i have seen to do this) is to use 1K NH as a bait. As 1K NH is -2, your opponent goes "Ah ha! My turn to attack" and many of them will counter with their own 2K or 1K. 66B+K from here will beat this counter attack and hit them for heavy damage. This set up is especially useful when facing the wall as the risk reward is extremely high.

Btw and Synaraii; X has amazing damage potential; you have not seen her 80 ++ damage charge combos yet?

Dont judge my style of play from that bloody video lol. It was my first offline session, and the tv had insane input lag. Also on another note MAMMOTH YOU STOLE MY POSITION YOU BASTARD!!!!

I wanted Kira to win it when I watched them play - the guy is a walking skill project XD
Phenomenal match though ^^

Ya Kira's execution is perfect and his wall combos are outstanding. Definitely an amazing match. To be expected from Keev vs Kira... Battle of Titans.

Back