Nightmare Web Theater.

Some videos of me vs Eclair (Talim). Please note that this was played on version 1.00. Also felt that i wasnt playing at my best after getting beasted all day until the last two matches by Endnow; i completely forgot the use of 3k and 11k; using 6k too damn much. Could use some C&C please.

match 1:
0:28 - 8B to GS KK woulda won the round. she coulda blocked this but it's worth trying because success=you win the round, even if it's not guaranteed
0:37 - same thing, B+G > GS KK. in this case it wouldn't have worked, because he blocked, but that's hindsight. may want to give it a try
0:57- why back away? shes on the ground
1:55 - GREAT RO with 33B6 BT B+K

Match 4:
- very good RO combo at 1:33, CH WR > NSS A+B > GS KK :)

overall comments:
sidestep much more, you are playing 2D fighter right now.
throw much more. (sidestep into throw can be good)
more agA.
GS > FC grab is usually not as good as GS > normal grab.
if you hit 3B, try 1A because it can tech trap.

Saitoh!!

Great vids.. enjoyed them very much :)

I think both Saitoh and Keev played very well... both understands each others characters... I can see why Tiamat said Keev had the wrong approach but I think this really comes down to personal style.

-LAU

Hey guys ive got some more videos up. Could use as much critique as possible, especially on the Kilik matchup such as what to look out for etc. Also need some help in developing a more general offensive game. Thanks in advance.
Vs Talim

Vs Kilik

Vs Hilde

vs Siegfried

Edit: I know i need more aga, but everytime i use it i get punished lol so maybe i need to know how to use it first.

Hmm...for more offense strats, I'd say use aga more XD

But yeah, at least the way I play NM, I just space with (i)aga a bunch. In general, I think you should side/back step more too. Back step as opposed to just holding 4. The B+K retreat is really good too. Especially after things like 4KK blocked (it's a good thing your opponents weren't ducking the second hit).

Those are just the general notes. Other random notes, you should try ducking the second hit of Hilde's 3BA (she can do 3BB instead, but it's usually slow enough to react to); practice punishing Siegfried's 3B with 6K too (you were doing it for a while so maybe it's just a matter of working on your reaction time).

Hmm...for more offense strats, I'd say use aga more XD

But yeah, at least the way I play NM, I just space with (i)aga a bunch. In general, I think you should side/back step more too. Back step as opposed to just holding 4. The B+K retreat is really good too. Especially after things like 4KK blocked (it's a good thing your opponents weren't ducking the second hit).

Those are just the general notes. Other random notes, you should try ducking the second hit of Hilde's 3BA (she can do 3BB instead, but it's usually slow enough to react to); practice punishing Siegfried's 3B with 6K too (you were doing it for a while so maybe it's just a matter of working on your reaction time).

I guess i gotta change to the stick then...

backstep just is tap 4 though, should be able to do it on pad just fine

watched the two talim matches and the first sieg match so far. still improving nicely I see. good use of A+B vs Sieg's knees and you got some 6Ks from blocked 3Bs

In general you should sidestep and throw more often (often doing a sidestep INTO a throw). I think this will work better on sieg than talim (he's slower and more linear) but you can do it on anyone. Only other thing is that I'm not sure why you're doing 3 > NSS A when you're in soul charge. I think you should use NSS A+B and NSS bA for your frametrap options then do stuff like 3B (no stance) throw/1K or 3 > 236 > WR B/throw mixup

backstep just is tap 4 though, should be able to do it on pad just fine

watched the two talim matches and the first sieg match so far. still improving nicely I see. good use of A+B vs Sieg's knees and you got some 6Ks from blocked 3Bs

In general you should sidestep and throw more often (often doing a sidestep INTO a throw). I think this will work better on sieg than talim (he's slower and more linear) but you can do it on anyone. Only other thing is that I'm not sure why you're doing 3 > NSS A when you're in soul charge. I think you should use NSS A+B and NSS bA for your frametrap options then do stuff like 3B (no stance) throw/1K or 3 > 236 > WR B/throw mixup

Thanks for the advice, ill work that into my game. the reason why i did that was Kong(Rock) whom i had a marathon session against the other day started GIing it. But i read that part of your guide and i think those are better options for the next session. Gotta work on my stepping, GIing and AgAs.

Hey guys ive got some more videos up. Could use as much critique as possible, especially on the Kilik matchup such as what to look out for etc. Also need some help in developing a more general offensive game. Thanks in advance.
Vs Talim

Vs Kilik

Vs Hilde

vs Siegfried

Edit: I know i need more aga, but everytime i use it i get punished lol so maybe i need to know how to use it first.

only saw hilde and sieg matches but i notice you never used 66K or 11K, and after CH WS NSS A+B you would do 33B, which i think doesn't tech trap. Looks like the sieg really likes that knee, NM 6K/1K beats out anything after sieg's 3, if he keeps using that knee then you should start stepping and return the favor.
aGA is a very good pressure tool, depending on the situation you can follow up with 66K or step back or another aGA, once you get a ring out with aGA your opponent will remember it and will rarely ever try to step you on the ring edge, it really mess up your opponents mind.

edit: aGA is very dependent on the opponent, i would rarely or never use aGA against Amy or Cass because it's just too risky due to their small hit box + TCs

33B6 can be used after NSS A+B sometimes just for variation but it doesn't tech trap or do a lot of damage so shouldn't really be staple like 2A+B and 66B

You can use agA vs anyone just need to barely use it on some. I think it actually works well against cass cause all her TCs have some kinda big risk to them (usually step is that risk)

for example:
if you use agA vs sieg, he can 3B TC under it for a lot of damage.
- random sieg 3B beats random nm agA but
- random nm sidestep beats random sieg 3B (punish with 33B or 3B)

33B6 can be used after NSS A+B sometimes just for variation but it doesn't tech trap or do a lot of damage so shouldn't really be staple like 2A+B and 66B

You can use agA vs anyone just need to barely use it on some. I think it actually works well against cass cause all her TCs have some kinda big risk to them (usually step is that risk)

for example:
if you use agA vs sieg, he can 3B TC under it for a lot of damage.
- random sieg 3B beats random nm agA but
- random nm sidestep beats random sieg 3B (punish with 33B or 3B)

It does tech trap, launchs on tech trap, i think that you can see it in the hilde video in the second round which i won. You get a 33B6~B+K grab from it, does quite a bit of damage. I got that from watching silentwall. They have caught on to it though so they stay down(or block but thats my fault for mistiming it). I will work on the 66B and 1A variations though.

Engared: Can the 33B tech trap be teched by any character? That's one of the problems with 66B, so it'd be nice to have something other than 1A that will catch everything.

Engared: Can the 33B tech trap be teched by any character? That's one of the problems with 66B, so it'd be nice to have something other than 1A that will catch everything.

unknown yet, but its been working well in the melb group so at least i can tell you it works on the following: hilde, siegfried, asta, rock, talim.

Back