Nightmare Web Theater.

There's a lot you need to improve on, to be honest. The two biggest things to work on are probably 1) Find someone actually good to play with, because that Ivy player was awful and 2) Step more. NM's step is excellent, and it's a huge part of his game. You should also work on: improving your move usage to include better moves in certain situations, and get rid of crappy ones like WR AA; using B+K to make the opponent whiff; using A+G more; using a:G:a more; whiff punishing in general; and improving your wall combos. I'm sure others can tell you more things, but those are what really stand out to me.

WR AA really isn't as bad as people think. It's got great range and covers step. Just make sure you mixup WR A with WR AA and WR A6A etc. so you don't get punished all the time.

WR AA is actually a good move :) Great long range step killer and hit confirmable. And you can go into GS to mixup your opponents.

I was under the impression that it was impossible to CH confirm. I almost never use it, so I guess that's why I didn't know. I suppose I'll try and integrate it into my game a bit.

its difficult but you can read whether you are going to catch your opponent. So i find it easier than most moves to "hit confirm"

There's a lot you need to improve on, to be honest. The two biggest things to work on are probably 1) Find someone actually good to play with, because that Ivy player was awful and 2) Step more. NM's step is excellent, and it's a huge part of his game. You should also work on: improving your move usage to include better moves in certain situations, and get rid of crappy ones like WR AA; using B+K to make the opponent whiff; using A+G more; using a:G:a more; whiff punishing in general; and improving your wall combos. I'm sure others can tell you more things, but those are what really stand out to me.

Yeah I figured as much. Upon rewatching, I saw a lot of situations where I let free damage slip away. I didn't know about the 3B into 1A techtrap until after I had recorded this. It seems like that would have caught him every time. As far as your other advice.

1) I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Almost no one here plays this game and of those that do, few play it well. I honestly wish I did have access to better competition here, but I feel far from competent enough to train someone. Especially how to use a character I don't play.
2) I'll work on incorporating all of this. I feel like I was stepping often. I don't have a firm grasp on step G, so in situations where I was unsure of what was coming, blocking just felt like a safer option. I've heard people mention how awesome A+G is, but I've never understood why. Aside from 2A+B on wakeup are there any good pressure tools to follow this with? I'm still working on ia:G:a. I'll spend some time in practice mode working on my wall combos as well.

We should play some games online sometime. I feel like simple observation would work a lot better than text at learning which moves work in which situations. You showed up in one of my rooms recently but we only got to play once.

I've heard people mention how awesome A+G is, but I've never understood why. Aside from 2A+B on wakeup are there any good pressure tools to follow this with?.
The reason A+G is so good is because their only options after getting hit by it are to stay down, roll, or stand straight up. Because of this, and the fact that A+G gives you some crazy frame advantage on wake-up, you have access to a ton of things to do after it. 2[K], 2A+B, another grab, 1[A], GS B, 33B, etc.

3 [A] CH into 33B is a tech trap that many people don't know about and fall for. Also, not enough FC B+G/A+G going on there.

A+G is +22 on wakeup, it gives you almost every move in his arsenal to use for free without someone stuffing it.

Back