[Northern California] Norcal Crab Shack

Where were all you people when I announced this like weeks ago.
Going to post pone tournament announcement for a day. Meanwhile, how many of you guys actually got mother's day plans, and how many of you guys are actually planning on going if on sunday.

Sat or Sundays are fine with me however I think just for this week Sat would be a better option since this sunday is mothers day. Just my opinion.

Sigh, so it maybe saturday now. The issue now we have is

1. Transport for the gear, solvable by somebody giving me a ride (Kevin can't make it, again.)

2. We'll prob just record instead of stream, since we'll be sharing the place with blazblue and skullgirls.

And ofcourse, we'll start later (say, 6~7ish) to accommodate people who work on Saturdays.

A question to KrayzieCD and others: What day are you going to fanime? I need to know now so I can plot the next ranbat so it doesn't conflict.

I can make it(and was planning on it) sunday, cannot make it saturday.

Gah, sorry about that... I didn't want to change dates, but quite a few prefer saturday instead of sunday this week.

Ranbat #3
Let's get ready for the next ranbat! Signups start at around 5pm till the start of the tournament around 2 hours later. Casuals until tournament starts.

Same rules at last time.
Double elimination. 2/3 matches until w/l finals, where it'll be 3/5.
No Created characters (aka no Devil Jin style),
official cast characters only (Dampierre included and allowed.)

Bring your own ps3 controller/cable/stick.
Also bring your headphones if you don't want to be distracted,
Possible plugin into direct game audio upon request only if we get the setup working.

Cost:
7$ Venue Wristband (Paid to game center)
+
5$ Entry fee (Paid when signing up for tournament)
Event is free to watch in person

and if we get our equipment, we'll announce/stream @ twitch.tv/norcalibur , otherwise we'll just post cam videos on youtube later.

If anybody wants to create event pages on srk or 8wayrun please feel free to do it. For everybody else, please look at future ranbat dates and let me know ahead of time something is up instead of the week of, thanks.

Speaking of which, to the norcal people, - what day- are you guys going to fanime so I don't schedule a conflict. Please let me know asap.

Hey guys -- so I'm now officially MLG bound. Gonna register today. Anyone with any hotel plans? Need to hook up. I will bribe with car transportation. :)

BTW, I'm on XBL now: HateBot 9000
I added a coupleof folks--everyone else feel free to do the same.

FINALLY, someone I can play with! (RolandKirk doesn't message me to play =P)

SHAFOPLATA

Let's set up some session time dude.

Anyone with any hotel plans?

I'm with that! anyone else wanna join in let me know. I'll chip in for gas, hotel, etc. whatever it takes to get as many people there as possible.

btw whoever wants to go to MLG, please don't make your plans last minute.

We mostly use our facebook group to communicate these days. The group is called sfcalibur, look it up.

The ranbat is at GameCenter in San Mateo.

The address is 47 South B Street,San Mateo, CA 94402

There is a $7 fee to play there and then we hold a $5 entry tournament
People will probably start showing up by 3 or 4pm, but the tourney won't start until 6:30 or so.
Hope to see you there

I'm with that! anyone else wanna join in let me know. I'll chip in for gas, hotel, etc. whatever it takes to get as many people there as possible.

btw whoever wants to go to MLG, please don't make your plans last minute.

I am going to request the time off this Saturday, i'll let you know what happens. Carpooling down there will be fine if If I can go.

We mostly use our facebook group to communicate these days. The group is called sfcalibur, look it up.

The ranbat is at GameCenter in San Mateo.

The address is 47 South B Street,San Mateo, CA 94402

There is a $7 fee to play there and then we hold a $5 entry tournament
People will probably start showing up by 3 or 4pm, but the tourney won't start until 6:30 or so.
Hope to see you there

Oh awesome, thank you very much :>

KrayzieCD, apparently 3ds version of generations has a few songs not in console version. Final boss of sonic and knuckles remix.

Anyone who registered for the MLG event in Anaheim that can tell me what it means when it says that when i register i'll be registering a "Team"? Is that just a fancy way of saying myself or it is it something else?

yeah, MLG just has a standard registration format I guess. Some games have teams, some don't. They have everyone listed as teams on their online tournament too

Back