[Nov 8, 2013] Edge Master Series Major 2013 (London, UK)

I could be delusional, but I swear I read something about SC2HD being released in December. If that's true I take it Sunday is off. As sad as that would be, it would be cheaper for travellers.

Also, you mentioned overnight stay. You mean to tell me that the HOG has beds??

I could be delusional, but I swear I read something about SC2HD being released in December. If that's true I take it Sunday is off. As sad as that would be, it would be cheaper for travellers.

Also, you mentioned overnight stay. You mean to tell me that the HOG has beds??

Well December is definitely Winter so that can't be true. If it isn't out it will be run on the 360 Emulation, either way I'll know the release date before the public know.

There aren't any beds at HOG atm, it's just the floor and some sofas. The hotels really aren't that expensive so if you have people to share it with I'd recommend that.

is Necrid banned on sc2?

and by another thing about transport, the only London stations from Banbury I can get to are Paddington, and Marlabone.

Last edited:
and by another thing about transport, the only London stations from Banbury I can get to are Paddington, and Marlabone.

They are close enough(Paddington probably being closer) but you have to get the underground to near the venue then either walk or get a bus.

Sorry for the delay but the payment page is up:https://bookwhen.com/ems2013
You can add all the ones you want first then pay through paypal when you've added all the tournaments you want. Please use your Gamertag as your name not to confuse things. Signups will close on Monday November 4th.

Also SCIV Solo has been added for Sunday (French rules) for £3 straight DE, and SCII has been reduced to £3 too straight DE too. The venue entry fee (£15) can be paid when you get there, trying to reduce the price but no promises.

Last edited:
Didn't say much since I was fairly decided on just showing up for the Saturday. Knowing me though, if I decided I wanted to stay for other days and/or found a partner for the 2v2 tournament, I'd probably stay over at the venue itself because I'm a cheapbutt (I've been there once already and wasn't put off lol). I pretty much just need to sign up and review train times.

I didn't want to say for definite that I could come or not since the dates for some of my exams keep getting moved around by the exam board, and unfortunately I'll need that weekend to revise for them.

I hope everyone else who goes has a great time though, really hate not being able to go myself.

Didn't say much since I was fairly decided on just showing up for the Saturday. Knowing me though, if I decided I wanted to stay for other days and/or found a partner for the 2v2 tournament, I'd probably stay over at the venue itself because I'm a cheapbutt (I've been there once already and wasn't put off lol). I pretty much just need to sign up and review train times.

Missed this post, @ENDeverMORE is looking for a partner. If anyone else needs a partner post up and I'll try and find you one.

Btw, 2 weeks left to signup/pay.

Looking forward to this.

Just booking travel and such before me and my friend RSVP. Would have finished it last night if it weren't for your XBL invite Joel. GG's though, I clearly must practice.

Need to ask though. SC2 HD's release isn't looking likely (unless I don't know something), what will take it's place on the Sunday, if anything?

Also, could we possibly gt some rough tournament start times please? It will help with planning.

Thanks

Looking forward to this.

Just booking travel and such before me and my friend RSVP. Would have finished it last night if it weren't for your XBL invite Joel. GG's though, I clearly must practice.

Need to ask though. SC2 HD's release isn't looking likely (unless I don't know something), what will take it's place on the Sunday, if anything?

Also, could we possibly gt some rough tournament start times please? It will help with planning.

Thanks

Yeah GGs, getting hit by 22B physically hurts me. Is it still 4 of you guys coming or just 2 now?

Yeah looks unlikely, so I added SC4 too and reduced the prices. I'll update the main post with rules etc. soon. SC2 will be Xbox PAL run on 360 with the slow down stages banned. As long as you pick a decent stage it plays perfectly well.

Start times:
Fri SCV 2v2: 7pm
Sat SCV Solo: 1pm
Sun SCII/IV Solo: 2pm

Of course casuals anytime before and after. Will also have breaks for people to eat Lunch/Dinner.

It just occurred to me that recent regular tabletop sessions on Fridays will keep me from doing the 2vs2, which I wasn't too sure about anyway. I should be able to make at least Saturday, though. I probably won't enter the Sunday tournament, but it'd be more convenient for me to just stay overnight and make my way back the following afternoon cuz trainz

Yeah GGs, getting hit by 22B physically hurts me. Is it still 4 of you guys coming or just 2 now?

Yeah looks unlikely, so I added SC4 too and reduced the prices. I'll update the main post with rules etc. soon. SC2 will be Xbox PAL run on 360 with the slow down stages banned. As long as you pick a decent stage it plays perfectly well.

Start times:
Fri SCV 2v2: 7pm
Sat SCV Solo: 1pm
Sun SCII/IV Solo: 2pm

Of course casuals anytime before and after. Will also have breaks for people to eat Lunch/Dinner.

It will just me and my housemate unfortunately. The other two would rather get PS4's at launch than pay the money needed to get down for this, can't really fault that reasoning.

Were are all booked for travel though. My friend will go under the name Tommy Oonish, but is Facebook shy so he won't be confirming attendance there. Is it ok to pay for tournament entry in any other way? It's a bit of a waste to get a PayPal account just to sign up for one thing.

It will just me and my housemate unfortunately. The other two would rather get PS4's at launch than pay the money needed to get down for this, can't really fault that reasoning.

Were are all booked for travel though. My friend will go under the name Tommy Oonish, but is Facebook shy so he won't be confirming attendance there. Is it ok to pay for tournament entry in any other way? It's a bit of a waste to get a PayPal account just to sign up for one thing.

PS4 sucks though :) Well I think everyone should have a paypal account since it's very useful. You can do Bank transfer if you want?

So decided to allow signups on the day to make it easier for everyone (and harder on me).

Also as well as prize money, the SCV Solo will have a SCV Hori Arcade stick for 1st prize, and some Namco goodies for the other placers.

2v2 SCV Tourney kicks it of on Friday with casuals before. Try and get everyone registered by 7pm please for 7.30pm start. I'll aim to be there for 5.30pm God/Traffic willing

And the French are coming in haaard.

Sounds serious LOL. How many French players are coming?

Also, what time does the HOG open? I have never been.

Back